Thread: AMZ buff in 5.4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    How would you feel if its absorption limit were changed to break once it prevents X damage to any given player in it, rather than X total damage (among all players in it)?

I think that's what I'd want to see. Still prevents 75% damage on a huge burst, and while it may still last reasonably short under AoE dots/pulses, it could be up to 10-25x longer if say it prevented over 100k per person... maybe the threshold could be lowered if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by trollsroyce View Post
    Applies AMS to the entire raid
    I see your rediculous suggestion and raise you one more. These AMSs placed on the raid will return them resources based on their class/spec just like ours gives us runic power .

Graphic change, any spells that would hit the raid in some fashion, explode on contact of the shell :P

Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    I see your rediculous suggestion and raise you one more. These AMSs placed on the raid will return them resources based on their class/spec just like ours gives us runic power .
    That would be awesome but sadly too awesome i highly doubt blizz would ever implement that, it would just be too good.

Deleted
    I'd love to have it act like Power Word: Barrier absorbing 25-30% for an unlimited amount and perhaps convert just for fun

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Baseline, 3 minute CD 30% DR against magic only. If it's going to be baseline there is absolutely no way it would stay at 2 minutes.

It's really wouldn't be all that overpowered considering it's current incarnation can be powerful against massive burst magic damage (due to the 75%) thing. It also requires stacking so it wouldn't be practical all of the time.

On the subject of purgatory. It's useful and I've used it a handful of times. It works great with VB and death pact and has saved me countless times as DPS/tanking. On Oondasta for example I pretty much use it as a CD for a breath as a VB and death pact should comfortably take you out. You have to plan around dying and treat it that way, which is silly but interesting none the less.

Blood worms need to behave a little bit better or get some buffs in some way. Larger radius to hit people but less targets might be better. I don't know, something anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Not to mention, if AMZ was a percentile reduction for magic dmg, get a couple dk's in your raid and you can effectively negate a lot of powerful boss abilities. It becomes even more of a powerhouse raidwall in 25m settings.
    Well, they could make them not stack with each other
    1 amz: 30% reduction
    20 amz: 30% reduction

---------- Post added 2013-06-02 at 06:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guts the Black Swordsman View Post
    Even better: all these ams return runic power to the casting dk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Well, they could make them not stack with each other
    1 amz: 30% reduction
    20 amz: 30% reduction
    or, you know, stack them multiplicatively like almost every damage reduction skill in the game does now.

Deleted
    Would be awesome if it is changed to act like Barrier currently does, albeit limited to magical damage reduction. Most likely they'll just buff the absorption cap though - hopefully it is meaningful and makes it a useful ability for more than just single bursts of heavy magic damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    Would be awesome if it is changed to act like Barrier currently does, albeit limited to magical damage reduction. Most likely they'll just buff the absorption cap though - hopefully it is meaningful and makes it a useful ability for more than just single bursts of heavy magic damage
    Tbh think I'm gonna be seriously disappointed... 90% sure they're just gonna up the cap by a pitiful amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    As long as it doesn't become a blood-only talent. Us DPS have bugger all raid utility as it is, even rogues have smoke bomb now, it's like an AOE icebound fortitude.

Hell, make IBF an AOE! :-D
    To be fair, for melee at least, I think both warriors and DKs have good points. DKs bring shit for raid utility / CDs outside of a few specific instances like army on 3rd door of HH. But they have better potential meaningful DPS than warriors on some fights, and much better personal magic cooldowns. Warriors have some decent raid utility with SB, demo banner, rallying cry, vigilance, and taunt/DBTS if needed, but bugger all for personal defensive CDs and lower damage overall than DKS. Give DKs an AMZ that actually functions like AMS, scales to 25% of health instead of 50% but is based upon the number of players in the area when it is cast, prevents debuffs (or if that is too OP maybe weakens them if they are DOTs) and if instantly absorbed due to a burst of high damage reduces that one burst.

army on any door of horridon only brought tons of problems for my raid group. also your comments make me feel you have no idea about warriors.