Is it possible to eat too much brocoli?

If I ate 500g of brocoli ever day, would that be bad?
    Or would it be okay as long as I have enough other vitamins and ect?

Don't eat too much they can cause Hypothyroidism if you eat too much of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you might cause a few casualties by methane poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    I don't think that it will cause a major problem if you eat "too much". Brocoli is known for being very healthy for your body. It contains everything from minerals to vitamins and helps you neutralize pathogenic and toxic substances.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can eat too much of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Its got a lot of vitamin C in it, which is an or a ACE vitamin, but your RDA of Vitamin C is 75/ 65 MG, going to presume your between 14-18 and male /female (or I hope so for the love of god )

Broccoli provides 89mg of vitamin C in a 100g serving,

89 x 5 (5 servings of 100) = 445mg

so one serving of 100g broccoli would give you your vitamin C for the day! going over board on Vitamin C would give you the shits in laymans term, theres not to much else in it that would give you something serious,

And Hypothyroidism? just done a bit of reading up and women over the age of 50 are most at risk, pretty sure its a low % chance it would happen to him / her (if they fall into the above category I said) but yea, I still wouldn't eat that much every day

Ironically, I'm posting this to avoid doing work on a Nutrition assignment FTL

Never eat to much of anything. Ever.
    I ate corn and milk a LOT before. It is very healthy and very good.
    But i got sick in the end and my stomach got really fucked up.
    So please don't do this.

^ lol

Bet your mouth and backside were lethal weapons, to much calcium and to much fibre dude

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not gona overdose on certain vitamins and things. C, B2,3 and 6 come to mind. If you're eating that much broccoli the thing to look more at is not vitamin C but the other stuff. There's a lot of Lutein in Broccoli which prevents irreversible damage at the back of your eyes. If you have a family history of bad eyes then you'll be doing good to get some of that regularly. After a certain amount your body is just going to excrete it anyway so going on a health binge isn't going to do anything useful whatsoever, a small amount every day will do you better than going mental one day then never again.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Ask Athene
    Infracted for Trolling/Spam
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-05-27 at 05:57 PM.

Personally I feel any brocolli is too much brocolli.
    But aside from that there are Recommended Daily Allowances on food packaging for a reason, even something that is good for you is only good up to a certain amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is, why would you want to eat 500g of broccoli?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Don't eat too much they can cause Hypothyroidism if you eat too much of them.
    This is pretty true.

Broccoli (raw) can reduce thyroid function as it reduces iodine.

Don't overdo it on any food! Have a healthy and balanced diet!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

But I like broccoli..
    Trying to eat healthily, and cheap.. But I guess 500g a day might be a bit much.
    I'll go with a double serving of 200g then.

I guess that's a bit better?

Deleted
    do you know how very high fiber intake feels like on the toilet...?

Deleted
    500g is definitely not too much. if you ate >>2kg a day it would be a whole different story.

broccoli is very healthy - delievers a huge amount of vitamins and its sulforaphan is suupposed to reduce pancreas and skin cancer.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-05-27 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    But I like broccoli..
    Trying to eat healthily, and cheap.. But I guess 500g a day might be a bit much.
    I'll go with a double serving of 200g then.

I guess that's a bit better?
    If you are worried about the comments related to hypothyroidism, just steam or roast the broccoli. Roasted broccoli has such a lovely flavor.