Enhancement Professions

I am Enhancement Shaman just coming back since playing in the first tier of content in Cata (was doing progression raiding before I left). I have read the guide above and have read the forums on elitistjerks. I understand the rotations, the stat priority and our change to being a bursting spec. Both of my BS & JC skills are at the Cata cap. My question is at what point should I retrain into EN & HB (if at all)?

Other professions:
    => leatherworking: 320 agility extra on bracers vs the enchant
    => enchanting: 2x 160 agi ring => 320 agility
    => inscription: 320 agility extra on shoulders vs the non scripe-only version
    => alchemy: 320 agility extra from agility flasks

=> mining 480 stamina
    => skinning 480 crit

=> herbalism: 2880 haste for 20 sec, 2min cd => ~480 haste on average, additionally good for burst
    => engineering: 1920 agility for 10 seconds, 1min cde => ~320 agility on average, additionally good for burst

=> tailoring: 4000 atp proc for 15 sec, 75 icd (according to wow-head comments) => ~800 attackpower + extra use on burst, but not on demand, but random

=> blacksmithing and jewelcrafting: free choice of going after 320 agility, 640 of any secondary stat, or a mix (goes for each of the two professions)

The first four are limited to agility, where bs/jc are not. The second two are limited to crit and uninteresting stamina, where bs/jc are not.
    The third two are limited to haste and/or agility, but provide extra potential for burst
    Tailoring is limited to atp, and uncontrollable
    And lastly, bs and jc provide variety and freedom in choosing your bonus.

So it comes down to bs, jc, eng and hb, which I think are optional.

Personally, I'd say stay with your current professions. You'll safe yourself lots of money and time and can adjust to different specs and playstyles better (they can also be useful for extra pvp stats, if you want to also dab into pvp).

If you want to relish in insane burst instead, pick hb + eng and pop haste + agi with ascendence, FET, trinkets, EM, pots, puppies, bl and co.

I myself was engineering for all the cool gadgets and the glove enchant, plus jc (though that's from quite some time ago.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Omanly, JC and BS are not the same. With BS you get 2x the benefit of secondary stat gems and you only get 1.5 benefit from JC.

BS is probably the best prof and JC is tied with the other static 320 main stat professions *because it is probably never worth gemming secondary stat gems since you only get 1.5 benifit.

*I'm not too keen on how good haste actually is maybe the 1.5 benifit from haste still outweighs agility, I don't play enhance so I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-05-27 at 06:25 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Omanly, JC and BS are not the same. With BS you get 2x the benefit of secondary stat gems and you only get 1.5 benefit from JC.

BS is probably the best prof and JC is tied with the other static 320 main stat professions *because it is probably never worth gemming secondary stat gems since you only get 1.5 benifit.
    Oh, you're right. Bummer. Wonder what's the reasoning behind that. Guess that puts jc in the same ranks as lw, ench, inscr and alch, aside from the pvp advantage of agi/pvp power gems.

Well, with that said, I'd either keep jc, or drop it for either engi (preferably) or hb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Oh, you're right. Bummer. Wonder what's the reasoning behind that. Guess that puts jc in the same ranks as lw, ench, inscr and alch, aside from the pvp advantage of agi/pvp power gems.

Well, with that said, I'd either keep jc, or drop it for either engi (preferably) or hb.
    At least it's better than DS, JC was the worst profession. When they introduced epic gems they never buffed the JC gems so it was like -65 int over every other profession. It seems they are punishing JC for being so strong before :P.
    Hi Sephurik

So if anything, drop JC for EN as Agility is greatly than Haste and keep BS for twice the bonus to secondary stats. From what I have been reading and hearing a good time to switch is when I am geared for the current (non-heroic) content. As five man heroics and LFR appear to have a reputation of being sleep walking jokes. If that is true (I am still leveling up so I have yet to run them) no sense in optimizing gear for them.

Yes/No/does not really matter?