Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    ... the world really is doomed. I mean wtf kind of thread is this? Want to know about a really useless species that fills no role in the ecosystem except to destroy and devour? It's called: Humanity. Let's gas all humans so the rest of the planet can live on. Seriously, if we're basing the 'right to exist' on how "needed" (aka useful) a species is, then we should be the first to go.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Didn't you see the bee movie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I cant seem to come up with any reason for insects other than for a food source. Anything that eats insects could just eat something else if they didnt exist. I see no good reason for them to exist as all they do is annoy us. They make our cars dirty, sneak into our homes, destroy our crops, spread diseases, poison us if they are toxic, and are generally an annoyance as they buzz past our ears and fly into our eyes. Why cant we just eradicate all insects? All we would have to do is spray for them like they do near rivers for mosquitos and black flies. They could spray everywhere for all bugs and eliminate them once and for all.
    Yes why cant we, I mean the earth is riddled with mechanics and animals, plants that server no purpose.
    Lets have a contest, 2 months of total education vs them useless plants.
    50/50 battle, what is more fair
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    ... the world really is doomed. I mean wtf kind of thread is this? Want to know about a really useless species that fills no role in the ecosystem except to destroy and devour? It's called: Humanity. Let's gas all humans so the rest of the planet can live on. Seriously, if we're basing the 'right to exist' on how "needed" (aka useful) a species is, then we should be the first to go.
    Actually wasps and silverfish should be the first to go, then perhaps us.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-28 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    They're like the janitors of nature. Without bee's there would be no Honey, Certain flowers would go extinct, Flowers, much like trees work as a way of converting carbondioxide from the air. Without flowers. You'd be choking to death because there would not be enough oxygen. To alot of animals, flowers, are essential. Without bees to pollinate stuff. They'd die out. There'd also be no fruits because the trees wont "fornicate" without them.

Wasps and mosquito's might seem annoying and unecessary. But they're part of the smallest foodchain. They're even included in your own foodchain. (Everything pretty much starts with insects, then gradually go up, (Frog, Fish,Snake,Spiders to the next tier in the foodchain and so on)

Yes

10char
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plant more flowers in your garden!
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    I think people are being over dramatic.

People are forgetting that insects consume energy and with them gone all that energy is now free for everything else to consume. Over time things will 'evolve' and balance out. Yeah some animals will suffer and others will thrive and world will change but it will not end. Earth got hit by a smegging meteor/comet and there's still life. I don't think loosing insects = total destruction of world.

You can manually pollinate plants btw it's not a magic trick insects do.
    While I'm not sure if you're serious, I'll just say that study of the fossil record shows that generally when looking at a mass extinction even that would rival the loss of insects from this planet, you're looking at millions of years before the ecosystem would "balance out" Something like this would "echo" throughout the rest of the populations in the planetary ecosystem. You could say that things like insects, bacteria, fungi and protists are the ecological "glue", they hold the rest of the ecosystem together.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bottom of the food chain is the most vital part of the food chain...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjiro View Post
    Is there really a need for humans to exist?
    My point exactly. They exist because they do, whether there is a need for it, the universe does not give a shit for.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose