some add-on and macro questions, shaman specific

Sorry if this is beginner stuff

a) is there any way to easily track the tick on riptide even if I don't have that particular friendly player targeted?

b) I'm looking for a way (I assume via macro) to cancel whatever I'm currently doing and hit another spell (ie, windshear, lava burst when it procs, earth shock when it procs)

TIA!
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-05-27 at 06:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip Wind Shear
    /stopcasting
    /cast Wind Shear
    reapeat for everything you need
    im not elemental but from what i know its not worth interupting cast of LB for LvB and fulmination
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-05-27 at 06:15 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Can I ask why you'd need to track the tick of Riptide? Or do you mean the duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Can I ask why you'd need to track the tick of Riptide? Or do you mean the duration?
    Yes, duration is what I mean.. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yes, duration is what I mean.. sorry.
    Then yes, usually done with a healing addon (e.g. Vuhdo or Healbot).

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    a) is there any way to easily track the tick on riptide even if I don't have that particular friendly player targeted?

b) I'm looking for a way (I assume via macro) to cancel whatever I'm currently doing and hit another spell (ie, windshear, lava burst when it procs, earth shock when it procs)
    a) I use Vuhdo for my healing raid frames and have it set to show the HoT Bar for Riptide (mine or anyone else's). This shows the duration of the HoT on a player. And I use Need to Know for tracking the cooldown (I don't use the glyph). You can use Weak Auras for that as well and there is a thread around here on setting up Weak Auras for tracking your cooldowns.

b) You don't want to stop casting for Lava Surge procs, it's not worth the lost GCD and cast time. Just be sure you cast Lava Burst when your current spell is done casting.

Thank you all!