Thread: Nerf Incoming?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by omnii View Post
    I included GC in my statement when I put people, I meant everyone though, the community, other wow devs etc. I'm pretty sure they won't nerf it that bad though, nerfing it will only put hunters back to where they were, which was basically bottom of the barrel, unless they have something else in store.

Also, I guess I'm missing where hunters are apparently 'op' right now, I really don't see it. With the recent buffs, I'd say we're good, not op.
    It's not that we're op, it's that they feel that passive abilities shouldn't be better than the ones you have to actually use.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Then they need to get rid of all other class' 15% passives.. we're squishy as it is and if iron hawk was nerfed then they need to seriously re-evaluate our other options.. The problem is any changes they make are based on and around pvp.. which is stupid.. Although I was glad they fixed blink strike with a pvp bandaid only (pets rootable).. What they need to do now is bring back lynx rush and pop some DR on it based on resilience or against players.. I miss the old LR.. Atleast back then we were considered kings of burst in pve.. We're up there now but can't touch enhance/rogues/luckyrngmages.. Can't complain though, I am overall happy with the buffs.. it would be sad to get nerfed..

Before Iron Hawk, hunters were the squishiest of all classes. I regularly died to Crush on H-Madness progression on platform 4 if I didn't spec into Hunter vs. Wild (the stam boost), and that was WITH me deterring the meteor landing right after the crush. Nerfing it would be a horrible idea. This is the first time I've raided as a hunter and not felt like I was made of paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, they really just need to load different rulesets in instanced PVP vs PVE and in the world at large. Tune things for PVE first, then if there are problems with that tuning in BGs or Arenas, tune the PVP ruleset. However, they've said that they will not do this (not sure why not aside from it being more work to have 2 rulesets vs 1) so here we are.

afaik they said it would be too difficult for the majority of players to learn the difference for all classes in PvE and PvP if there's different rules for each of them for every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I think it just makes it even more clear exactly how badly Blizzard fails at balance.

Active blink strike is too powerful in PvP? Let's make it passive and it'll fix the burst issue...oh wait, now it's too powerful for PvE because hunters started taking it over crows for PvE.

Hunters are a bit behind other classes as far as dps in raids? Let's buff Aspect of the Iron Hawk to help them catch up...oh wait! Now it's too powerful for PvE in combination with blink strikes.

They really really really need to make up their minds and also at least try to visualize what these changes might do before they make them.
    You just described Shuriken Toss from 5.0 to 5.3 Start, buff, slight nerf, large nerf, no really used anymore.

quite how they plan things is beyond most people.

Deleted
    Well like i say on mine fellow hunters team in guild at the day when i saw mine name in top 5 in damage metters i just read than some things in mine charracter are "too powerful"

Deleted
    They won't nerf us. Our passives and active abilities are within 1k difference.

There isn't any class that has any of their same tier talents even remotely in that range.

As for iron hawk, they won't nerf that either, all classes that have something similar have like 5x more cooldowns than us.

I just think ghostcrawler is being stupid again, which I'm getting used to by now. Even though sometimes he actually has good ideas.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2013-06-02 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters, are absolutely out of controll in PvP. Its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It's not that we're op, it's that they feel that passive abilities shouldn't be better than the ones you have to actually use.
    which in a way doesn't make sense since they also said they would like to reduce 'button bloat' so you would think reworking the active abilities (maybe into passives) would be the way to go.

in my view, the new blink strike's (minus the bugs) solves about 75% of the BM complaints I had, I hope they do not ruin the uptime it affords.

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    afaik they said it would be too difficult for the majority of players to learn the difference for all classes in PvE and PvP if there's different rules for each of them for every class.
    That sounds like they are saying players are to dumb to handle having two rule sets? And how many alts do you play? Pretty condescending remark.
    Last edited by Notho; 2013-06-09 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    which in a way doesn't make sense since they also said they would like to reduce 'button bloat' so you would think reworking the active abilities (maybe into passives) would be the way to go.

in my view, the new blink strike's (minus the bugs) solves about 75% of the BM complaints I had, I hope they do not ruin the uptime it affords.

That sounds like they are saying players are to dumb to handle having two rule sets? And how many alts do you play? Pretty condescending remark.
    not my words was a blizz post a year ago or something, but the majority are those who don't read forums, don't do much more than LFR and capping arena pts afterall.