Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can't understand why would a raid leader judge healers by healing meters. No one with good understanding of raiding and PvE would ever do that. Your healers either do the job or not. As long as you're not thinking of dropping a healer your should not be interesting in their HPS if the raid lives and you kill the boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    I can't understand why would a raid leader judge healers by healing meters. No one with good understanding of raiding and PvE would ever do that. Your healers either do the job or not. As long as you're not thinking of dropping a healer your should not be interesting in their HPS if the raid lives and you kill the boss.
    They are one tool for analyzing healer performance. If I'm doing 100k HPS and another healer is doing 50k HPS, something is usually wrong. There could be valid reasons for this: I'm a discipline priest on Horridon or he was off by himself solo healing a tank while I covered AoE raid healing. But generally, if I'm looking at the performance of two healers on the same fight with the same general role, they should be within 10%. Usually, if I see a pattern of performance disparity, I can look closer using tools like World of Logs to check if they're healing at the right time, healing the right people or healing with the right spells.