Your favorite Quotes?

SO, what are your favorite quotes? Here is mine both are from Douglas Adams and it gives a good job on how we have Moral Panics on new technologies and medias:

There’s a set of rules that anything that was in the world when you were born is normal and natural. Anything invented between when you were 15 and 35 is new and revolutionary and exciting, and you’ll probably get a career in it. Anything invented after you’re 35 is against the natural order of things.

Newsreaders still feel it is worth a special and rather worrying mention if, for instance, a crime was planned by people ‘over the Internet.’ They don’t bother to mention when criminals use the telephone or the M4, or discuss their dastardly plans ‘over a cup of tea,’ though each of these was new and controversial in their day

Deleted
    "Engage" - Jean Luc Picard. It hits home with me man every time he says "Engage" i know how he feels.

Deleted
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Thrall.

Deleted
    "Well, the funny thing about being smart is that you can get through most of life without ever having to do any work" - Jeff, Community

10+ Year Old Account

The most astounding fact . . .

And the Doctor's twist on it:

I just like how he talks about our uniqueness.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm not a "devout" atheist (joke) ...but I have to give props to this quote attributed to Marcus Aurelius.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

and also William Shakespeare taken on by the Simpsons
    "Brevity is the soul of wit"
    and "Brevity is... wit"
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-05-28 at 01:26 AM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    'Every damn fool thing you do in this life, you pay for.' - Edith Piaf
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."
    assassins creed awesomeness

Deleted
    ''Perhaps the greatest tragedy of humanity is that we can get used to everything''
    -Unknown

Some guy wrote this on the toilet door at my university, I thought it was a pretty good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Best revenge is to just be happy." - My Mother
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)