Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your area. Mine are terrible.

Cost a lot... And it goes down a lot.. But it's good... when it is working.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Jobs internet unfortynately...

- Price
    29€/Month

- Speed/Bandwitch?
    8.5/0.65 (10/1 Connection tho)

- Ping/latency?
    10-15 Its pretty good imo!

- QoS (quality of service)
    10/10, Never had a problem with my connection, and i had the same connection for 3+ years so far.

location is key. If you live in a medium to large city you can probably get decent service.....if you live in a rural area....well:

I pay $130+ a month for this and telephone and basic cable....yeah.

Deleted
    To give people reading this thread a bit of comparison, I pay roughly 90 dollars a month for phone and internet. I recently changed so can't really tell how the service is.
    Regarding the Ping on the picture, it's from stockholm sweden to London UK quite a distance, from stockholm to stockholm, it's 2-4 ms ping.
    And of course, it's unlimited. I can download and upload as much as I want without limits. (never really understood why people still got limits on their internet nowadays)

A lot of providers still have limited internet because they can get away with it while still charging as much as they would otherwise, and it saves them money. The fact that you get 222 Mb/s for $90 a month makes me want to scream and slap every ISP in the united states for being greedy shitheels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap, crappier, and crappiest. Those are your options.

10+ Year Old Account

Not too bad for $30/month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokiron View Post
    A lot of providers still have limited internet because they can get away with it while still charging as much as they would otherwise, and it saves them money. The fact that you get 222 Mb/s for $90 a month makes me want to scream and slap every ISP in the united states for being greedy shitheels.
    To be honest, I havn't found a use for my internet, most stuff I download caps at 4 MB/s due to not enough seeders, and if I use more than 4Mbit/s when I stream it starts to stutter and lag a bit.

And regarding the limited internet, wouldn't the consumer have a say in it? like a protest against limited internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    For curiosity's sake, why the discrepancy in download and upload speeds? Over here (I'm not American) you always get the same upload and download speeds. For instance I'm running on a 100 Mb u/d connection right now.
    I'm not sure really. It's quite the norm in my country, apparently uploading isn't important enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ISP (Frontier) offers me a very special kind of internet connection. It's called ESL instead of DSL.

ESL - Expensive, Slow, Lousy.

$50.00/month plus taxes.

And this is now the paradise situation. Up until 5 month ago we've had about 1 Mbps, and a ping of at least 300, often higher.
    They've "modernized" some hardware in our town..
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-05-28 at 12:58 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post

Jobs internet unfortynately...

- Price
    29€/Month

- Speed/Bandwitch?
    8.5/0.65 (10/1 Connection tho)

- Ping/latency?
    10-15 Its pretty good imo!

- QoS (quality of service)
    10/10, Never had a problem with my connection, and i had the same connection for 3+ years so far.
    Not to be rude but he said USA....you fail for reading comprehension

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    My ISP (Frontier) offers me a very special kind of internet connection. It's called ESL instead of DSL.

ESL - Expensive, Slow, Lousy.

$50.00/month plus taxes.

And this is now the paradise situation. Up until 5 month ago we've had about 1 Mbps, and a ping of at least 300, often higher.
    They've "modernized" some hardware in our town..
    I have the same ISP . My internet goes down 2 x per day and I have 15 mb DL ....but only get 7 mb DL at max ....they are horrible ..

10+ Year Old Account
    $80 every month. 40 down 5 up. So bad.

I get like 8Mb down and .58Mb up @ a ping of 47 for $135 bundled phone,net,tv. So, its shitty! Don't move to Ohio, while I don't have the best my company offers it doesnt get much better.

Deleted
    Doesn't this video apply to your ISP,s?

Deleted
    I just watched the XBOX 1 news about cloud computing so it's just a (bad) joke if we take into account the X1 target is mainly the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Doesn't this video apply to your ISP,s?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Maybe both, hehe.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitefyr View Post

Not too bad for $30/month.
    Same provider different state(MI) almost same results.

I have 1 complaint with charter, and that is they are just a little pricey imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Doesn't this video apply to your ISP's?

Snip
    I laughed. Hard. Unfortunately, this is VERY true.

I am moving from a house to an apartment. The house had a choice of Charter (which we have), AT&T U-verse, and any of the dish choices. The apartment has one choice of AT&T U-verse. I am not looking forward to moving, but with one choice, well you get the point.

OT: total for ISP TV and home phone: $247US

but actual DL with WoW patches or torrenting is 1.9Mb/s, and maybe 350kb/s up.
    CS is pretty bad.

I usually just call to get the complaint logged, but never expect anything. On occasion, when several complaints in the area come in, they send a truck to check a local junction box, which has only ever been the problem. But most of the time they go through some scripted checklist, which is of no use. I have been using the internet for longer than most of these people have know what the internet was, and I don't need to check the cables to make sure they are plugged in, or any of the other BS. News flash, it was working five minutes ago, it is not working now, and nothing has changed at all in my house in that time.
    Last edited by mykro9; 2013-05-29 at 04:24 AM.