Looking for new graphics card.

Hi, I've started lagging fairly bad lately in 25 man raids and it's almost unplayable.

Specs:
    AMD Phenom 9600 quad-core processor @ 2.3 GHz
    6GB RAM
    running windows vista 32 (home premium)

I only have a regular PCI express slot, and have a ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT in there right now. I was curious if you guys have any suggestions on a card I could upgrade to to help performance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your budget but check out http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-3.html
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

First, install the 64bit version of Windows if you are using 6 gigs of RAM!
    Secondly, you're not going to get much difference out of a new video card.
    Better to save up for a whole new kit then to waste it on a low-end card.

If you do plan on wanting to upgrade your current GPU, what price range did you have in mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a new PC not a new GPU wow is mainly dependant on the cpu, can you muster a few hundred dollars for a budget build?

GeForce GTX 650 Ti - looks like it has a 6 pin connector and my power supply doesn't have that, correct me if I'm wrong.

Deleted
    when exactly have you started lagging? pre patch or post patch? it could be outdated addons that are causing big fps drop... and new graphics card wont help you with those... update them or turn them off and on one by one to see what is causing it.. also rethink what addons yoou really need and what are there just for effect... reducing number of addons can greatly improve framerate

10+ Year Old Account
    We cant really correct you because we dont know what you have, you really need to tell us more, and take in account what most of the people on this forum would suggest and that is a new rig yours wont cut it, a new gpu wont help at all, you will see little improvement with your current setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagendaz View Post
    GeForce GTX 650 Ti - looks like it has a 6 pin connector and my power supply doesn't have that, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Pretty much anything that isn't terribad requires extra power by 6pin.
    Theres quite some guides to turn some unused wires into a gpu pin if you can find the plastic socket for it.
    Also we wouldn't know if yours had one if you haven't even told us which PSU you actually have !
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-05-27 at 10:22 PM.

I appreciate the feedback; however, building a new rig is out of the question right now. I'll just use my laptop instead. When I do build a new rig, I'll be sure to come back to the forums. Thanks.