Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

To reroll or not to reroll

That is the question. Allow me to lay out my situation.

I've been playing my warrior since cata, absolutly love it. Regret not starting it instead of my rogue back in vanilla, a warrior was the very first class i picked when i started actually, then i joined some friends on Stormrage the rerolled a rogue.

Now we move forward to Wrath still playing my rogue i decided to roll this class to try it out. Tried to join a raiding guild with this class, but i was denied. Tried with my rogue, was accepted and kept on raiding till 3.3 when that guild migrated. I joined another guild full of awesome people, but i suffered a mental breakdown at the time so i quit raiding and have to this day. This class was still there as an alt, but i decided to make a druid my main which was another alt at the time. it was till early cata, till i found love in arms.

I've had some good moments with this guy, but i have been slacking as of late to be honest. Only got a third character to 90 at the weekend, no gems or enchants on recent gear either i can fix it but i slack so damn much. This class was my second 90, really liked its mechanics and lore. It is another plate wearing melee class, i love plate armour and melle. The alt is better than my main for soloing

Now for the meat. Whilst i love both classes, i've had the one that could be main longer than my warrior. I've done a lot to develop my warrior including 60 reputations not to mention achivement points (double that of any of my alts) i know they're shared, but it's not the same i'd even want to redo loremaster if i reroll. I've spent weeks umming and ahhing, i want to make a final decision soon. I keep on deciding this then that, then starting all over again

TLDR: Main is a warrior, would like to reroll to similar class, but attached to warrior due to achivement points and time invested. Other class is too damn attractive though with the mechanics and lore. I'm also what's wrong with the wow community.

Holy shit that was a life story, sorry for length (fnar).
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    I've been playing since vanilla. I rerolled from my warrior at the end of TBC, mainly because warriors have no future in 1v1 pvp and always get nerfed to shit when they start looking like they can handle that kind of pvp.

I played the whole of wotlk as a dk until they got nerfed to shit in Cata, which I skipped about half of it anyway.

I'm now playing a ww monk until they also get nerfed to shit or, more likely, until Wildstar is out. Then I'm done.

If you want to reroll do it next expansion If you are rerolling now and are doing any type of raiding your lack of 600 cloak LMG and whatever we get next tier will just screw over your guilds progression and with the massive Ilvl jumps its really hard to get up ilvl on rerolls so it will be at least one or two weeks or you being absolute shit and not being able to do anything so Pick a char play it one expansion and then think about rerolling

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    I've been playing since vanilla. I rerolled from my warrior at the end of TBC, mainly because warriors have no future in 1v1 pvp and always get nerfed to shit when they start looking like they can handle that kind of pvp.

I played the whole of wotlk as a dk until they got nerfed to shit in Cata, which I skipped about half of it anyway.

I'm now playing a ww monk until they also get nerfed to shit or, more likely, until Wildstar is out. Then I'm done.
    That's... not helpful at all.

Anyway, it all comes down to enjoyment. Do you enjoy your alt more than your warrior? If so, reroll. The things you did on your warrior you can do again on your alt and you'll have more fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you want to reroll do it next expansion If you are rerolling now and are doing any type of raiding your lack of 600 cloak LMG and whatever we get next tier will just screw over your guilds progression and with the massive Ilvl jumps its really hard to get up ilvl on rerolls so it will be at least one or two weeks or you being absolute shit and not being able to do anything so Pick a char play it one expansion and then think about rerolling
    Not raided since wrath, just do LFR to reminice about the good times the gear isn't too bad either. But i have slacked on the legendary quest line i'll be on the ToT questline when .4 hits knowing my luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Anyway, it all comes down to enjoyment. Do you enjoy your alt more than your warrior? If so, reroll. The things you did on your warrior you can do again on your alt and you'll have more fun doing it.
    I enjoy them both, in their own ways. Preference has gone to my alt as of late though.
    Last edited by Khraine; 2013-06-25 at 09:47 AM.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Reroll, gotta play whats overpowered. Unless you raid casually then you can stay on your warrior and dps. Warriors aren't really taken higher rated rbg's unless you go prot so I assume there terrible at pvp atm. Don't listen to people's qq about you rerolling and playing flavor of the month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickF0915 View Post
    Reroll, gotta play whats overpowered. Unless you raid casually then you can stay on your warrior and dps. Warriors aren't really taken higher rated rbg's unless you go prot so I assume there terrible at pvp atm. Don't listen to people's qq about you rerolling and playing flavor of the month.
    I'm not a FOTM roller, more of a rambling roller. This class i want to play is far from overpowered i think, I hope most FOTM people have quit to other classes by now. It would be funny if this class or warrior became overpowered in 5.4.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    I'm not a FOTM roller, more of a rambling roller. This class i want to play is far from overpowered i think, I hope most FOTM people have quit to other classes by now. It would be funny if this class or warrior became overpowered in 5.4.
    Can you just tell us what the class is? Might be able to help you a bit better then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanted to be cunning, It hasn't worked heh. It is Death knight.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

Deleted
    This isn't vanilla wow, it takes nothing to level and play both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    This isn't vanilla wow, it takes nothing to level and play both.
    The only barrier is time and willpower.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy them both, in their own ways.
    Which is exactly why I consider myself to have two mains. Totally fell for my second, didn't like the thought of him staying labeled "just an alt," but felt a little guilty suddenly playing my original main a bit less, sooo I decided she could scoot over and make room for him at the top and they share the attention.

Play what you love, maybe there's room for more than one.

Do what I do: don't have a dedicated main, and just play whatever you feel like playing at the time; then there's no pressure to focus on it.

Besides, if you don't delete your warrior, it's not like those achievement points are going anywhere, even if you take a break from it.

Wanted to be cunning, It hasn't worked heh. It is Death knight.
    I suspected that, but wasn't sure.

Death Knights have, as you mentioned, really cool lore. And their Blood spec is really nice for dailies and soloing, so they make good characters when your time is limited. And their Frost spec is really easy to play and feels very satisfying when you see those huge crits. They have a lower Global Cooldown, so they feel much more fast paced. They also have a dual wield option, along with a pet/DoT spec option, essentially you have Fury and Arms in one spec that depends on weapons and another spec to add to the diversity of gameplay styles the class can offer. The Blood spec is really fun to tank with as well, as it feels a lot like DPSing.

All in all, I would make the switch personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an altoholic so I reroll when I feel like it, just do what's fun for you. Try to do most world bosses on your characters so they get some decent pieces all of them, and perhaps some of the previous lfrs( with elder charms from the scenario) and current ones if you have time. That way you also get to test out your classes/ specs and get some gear.

I must say I feel more powerful playing with my dk than with my warrior, but warrior is the last character I got to 90. Obliterating and spreading the plague just feels too good, yaknow.

You could also have some fun with your rogue. I found combat very dull this expansion, but assassination was more fun. The anticipation and shadowstep talents makes it more fun to play.

And with the account-bound stuff we have now I'm less inclined to stick to one character. But of course, reputations are not account bound, maybe they should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    After much though after reading these replies. I will switch to DK but i'll also be keeping both at the same progression.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same..
    Played Warlock for years now, spend countless houres into achievements, archeology was a pain, got some TCG items which are no account bound: the ogre costume etc. Got the Purple ball which transformes you into a monkey etc, tabard of the lightbringer.... And now with 5.4 coming, playing more and more on my Druid, I feel Feral is more and more fun, more versatile and you need to pay attention to a lot more things. But having almost every faction at exalted, close to 20k achievement points and an awesome challenge mode transmog set on my Warlock, I would feel stupid to leave that all... Even though I like Feral way more now..
    I quit raiding too since it was way to time consuming, just playing whenever I want now, I do what I want to do and cba to farm achievements anymore.. Feels like for some time I just played this game to "complete" it, which I'll never be able to, so I prefer just do what I want instead of trying to be the "best"..

After I saw you said you wanted to reroll to DK, I just had to post this:
    Do it, DKs are hell of alot of fun. I my self rerolled from ret to Dk this tier, and got into a raiding guild pretty stright away (just had to gear up and spend some gold on AH fast to get the right ilvl..), and if you can show you're good enough they might be kind enough to boost you trough old HC content for more loot

I mostly play Blood PvE and UH PvP. Both are great fun, as someone mentioned - blood is like tanking as a dps. And you outheal half the LFR healers if you got the gear for it x] + you are immortal.. Atleast in LFR. I havent played my warrior since the first few weeks of this expansion, never realy liked warrior though.. So cant say whats more fun of warrior and DK for sure, but in my perspective its DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you don't enjoy the class anymore then you'll just have to reroll. There's no escaping that fact.

I main'd a priest for 8 years. Nearly 60 factions exalted (54 I think), loads of mounts, loads of cool transmog sets, the works. But I hated logging on him. He wasn't the priest I made back in Vanilla so I eventually re-rolled my Druid.

The only thing I really, truly miss are my reputations. I'm only 17 exalted now I think, and the thought of grinding just makes me really want to cry. I don't care if this is considered easy/QQ/what ever, but I wish they made reputation account wide, like the PvP honour kills. If grinding reputation was fun, then I could understand why they kept it isolated to different characters, but it isn't fun. It's easily the most mind-numbingly boring thing in the game, but if I want my 60 exalted reputation achievement, I apparently have to grind all my reputations over again... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Should make it possible with a service, I even want to pay for it, to get rare vanity items over to another character in case you prefer to use it on another char. Like Tabard of the Lightbringer; Orb of Sindorei or so. AND account wide reputation counter should have been in since the start.. Stupid to have like 20 reputations now and having 57 on my old main...