Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Rexxar, possibly the new Warchief?

I think it makes sense, cause he helped orgrimmar out once and knows thrall, too. He is half orc, half ogre and a powerful hero. After Thrall and Garrosh, you can easily say Saurfang could take over, but i think he is too tired after all the wars and his son dead, and old.

Rexxar could really fit in here as a new warchief of a new horde. when its needed another race instead of an orc should be warchief why not take Rexxar, who is connected to Thrall and Orgrimmar and is just half ogre half orc. I think, a troll or tauren as Warchief, is pushing the borders, orc citizens might moan about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I think it makes sense, cause he helped orgrimmar out once and knows thrall, too. He is half orc, half ogre and a powerful hero. After Thrall and Garrosh, you can easily say Saurfang could take over, but i think he is too tired after all the wars and his son dead, and old.

Rexxar could really fit in here as a new warchief of a new horde. when its needed another race instead of an orc should be warchief why not take Rexxar, who is connected to Thrall and Orgrimmar and is just half ogre half orc. I think, a troll or tauren as Warchief, is pushing the borders, orc citizens might moan about it.
    would be great if this lead to ogres being a playable horde race.

I don't mind him and his history makes great connections to Orgrimmar, but... it is just that since the Burning Crusade expansion he has fallen off the face of the earth, so to speak. To have him suddenly parade in after all this mess with Garrosh and go 'yup, I'll be warchief now' without him having done anything for three expansions is a bit over the top.

He needs to be brought forth and into the spotlight again before he can make any claims to that title. Thrall knows there are others who deserve it more and the Horde isn't about 'just Orcs' anymore; trolls, tauren, goblins, pandaren and even the blood elves are just as important. Thrall did want a unison among all those races and what better than to appoint someone who isn't an orc? It is his dream and with him currently occupied with a preggers Aggra (or did she give birth already? I really don't know), I see him lay the title on someone he fully trusts and knows has a good interest in the Horde as a whole (to lay in an example, Vol'jin:" dis aint what da Horde is about!"). Rexxar is too much of a loner to hold the best interest for all Horde races. I see him rather stromping about through the wilderness with his favorite bear rather than try and lead so many people/creatures.

I still want Rexxar back though, one way or another.

If Rexxar or some other old school boring character gets to be Warchief I'm off to the Alliance. The possibility of a new Warchief, life Lor'themar is what has gotten my hopes up as a Blood Elf.

Rather have Rexxar than that bitch Vol'jin.

Deleted
    They said Ogres won't be playable because they couldn't make a female orc.. But Rexxar would be an awesome warchief. Would also make sense since he's a good friend of Thrall, Vol'jin & Chen.

if rexxar becomes warchief ogres will be the next playable race 99%

I don't see how he could become warchief, 99% of the horde (lorewise) don't know who he is, and he wouldn't become warchief by his own choice.

I remember a blue saying it would be someone that we wouldn't expect. At this point and even then I think a lot of people assumed it would be Vol'jin.

And then I think about that and I realize that Vol'jin is someone I'd expect...even Lor'themar, too. You'd expect any of the racial leaders.

I just don't see this champion of the horde Rexxar coming out of nowhere since TBC and all of the other leaders of the other races, who are more than enough in numbers and capable of taking out Garrosh, would randomly allow him to become warchief. Not unless Thrall had something to say about it.

of course, looking at it from a "it should be an orc" since it always has been, I'd say we're running low on notable orcs, so I'd agree he could be on that point.
    Last edited by La; 2013-05-28 at 10:36 AM.

When was the last time we even saw Rexxar in game? I think it would be great to have him but I just don't see Blizzard promoting a character that hasn't been around for a while. Also, Nazgrim for warchief!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    trolls, tauren, goblins, pandaren and even the blood elves
    Cough Forsaken cough...

OT though, Rexxar would've needed to at least be brought up before or with 5.3, his chance of suddenly appearing in 5.4 and claiming the title of Warchief are near 0. If Blizzard wanted hime to become warchief, he would've appeared earlier. Rexxar is like that one candidate who was a good prediction some months ago but he will (with almost 100% certainty) NOT become warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    I don't mind him and his history makes great connections to Orgrimmar, but... it is just that since the Burning Crusade expansion he has fallen off the face of the earth, so to speak. To have him suddenly parade in after all this mess with Garrosh and go 'yup, I'll be warchief now' without him having done anything for three expansions is a bit over the top.

He needs to be brought forth and into the spotlight again before he can make any claims to that title. Thrall knows there are others who deserve it more and the Horde isn't about 'just Orcs' anymore; trolls, tauren, goblins, pandaren and even the blood elves are just as important. Thrall did want a unison among all those races and what better than to appoint someone who isn't an orc? It is his dream and with him currently occupied with a preggers Aggra (or did she give birth already? I really don't know), I see him lay the title on someone he fully trusts and knows has a good interest in the Horde as a whole (to lay in an example, Vol'jin:" dis aint what da Horde is about!"). Rexxar is too much of a loner to hold the best interest for all Horde races. I see him rather stromping about through the wilderness with his favorite bear rather than try and lead so many people/creatures.

I still want Rexxar back though, one way or another.
    Yeah some good points here.

Rexxar needs to be build up, they left him since BC. But i always thought he is such a great character i did even do quests with this guy in the horde campaign of wc3 expansion that was about orgrimmar. It was mini wow in wc3 as it was only playble with some heroes, not an army and was about gaining better items.

He is a big icon. Chen was brought back, who played a minor role there - just cause of the panda aspect of this expansion.

Voljin could be a new warchief, but i doubt it a bit. Why should the orcs of orgrimmar accept a troll rebellion leader that sieged their capitol? For whatever reasion. Maybe some of the more neutral horde leaders(well all are involved but Voljin most in that dark spear rebellion) could take over for a while until Rexxar is fully build in and can access the warchief title.

As for beeing an adventurer in the wilderness - you sure know homers story about odysseus and his adventures, Homer's Iliad , in the end he came home to be king. That said, Rexxar travelled for about over 3 expansions, its time he comes back to orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-28 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    They said Ogres won't be playable because they couldn't make a female orc.. But Rexxar would be an awesome warchief. Would also make sense since he's a good friend of Thrall, Vol'jin & Chen.
    no they didnt, they said the exact opposite, they were SO CLOSE to being playable that they were thinking about how to do female ogres. but then they changed their minds and decided to make goblins the first neutral race
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ji Firepaw will be the Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I don't see how he could become warchief, 99% of the horde (lorewise) don't know who he is, and he wouldn't become warchief by his own choice.
    How is that, he helped to found and build up orgrimmar together with Thrall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Metzen: "Rexxar? Who's that?"
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    if rexxar becomes warchief ogres will be the next playable race 99%
    I consider this a good thing, and i saw allready female Ogre Models they are sexy. ;>

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    hes the champion of the horde O_o i really doubt they dont know him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Ji Firepaw will be the Warchief.
    that was a really good joke. wait. no, it was not. i hope pandaren go back to shrouding their island in mists again and stop bothering me.

while rexxar would be fitting, i doubt he has interest in a role like warchief. he always has been a "lone wolf".

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Metzen: "Rexxar? Who's that?"
    He only thinks about Thrall.

Instead of the true hero of legend that Rexxar should be. ;>