Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    You can completely disable a Warlock and effectively remove him from the game if you just sit 1 person with an interrupt and a few stuns on him. Both in RBGs and Arena. I wouldn't mind seeing Destructions sustained damage buffed and Chaos Bolt damage nerfed (once chaos bolt is fixed and goes back to critting more than half your HP). Affliction are in a good spot right now, they bring Gateway which is fantastic and they can provide great dispel protection and spread damage (not spread pressure).

Overall, Warlocks are slightly undertuned at the moment, although it might be because of a couple of the stronger classes semi-counter Warlock.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted Blues and a few Malevolent pieces? Is this guy gemming full Stamina? Check my Lock (Nulo). I have 550k with GoSac, Soul Link and Dark Intent and I'm half Tyrannical with lots of Malevolent. The only way I got to 750k HP is sacrificing my Voidwalker, generally I go with Fel Hunter for Counterspell. I only go with VW if it's a case of something along the lines of Hunters, Rogues, Warrior, DK's, anything where silence is pointless and I feel the need to survive all out encounters on me (playing with a Rogue so obv open on me. Decent survivability, but pressuring Destro Locks screw them over, if you don't pressure or control me in a BG or Arena then you don't know anything about Destro Lock, because it works great if people leave it alone. Often I find myself using Embers to heal instead of Chaos Bolts.

As Snuggli says keep someone on a Destro Lock and it screws them up, because they only have Fire and Shadow Spells and if you can lock them out of fire and force them to use Embers to heal, they aren't doing much. However I disagree with your nerf to Chaos Bolt and buffing sustained. Destro Lock is great fun and feels satisfying to play. It also reminds me of times when I enjoyed Fire Mage for PVP, big hits and mega crits, and its extremely different from Afflictions slow and steady and Demos demons and millions of imps.

In terms of PVP I think Affliction and Demo are stronger than Destro. My opinion on 5.3 is that any classes that relied on burst were hit harder than slow and steady classes, and with games often lasting a little longer, the sustained pressure of Dots or 10 Gazzlion Imps beats a Destro Lock forced on the defensive.

Do I think they're OP? Maybe a tad in 2's, more Affliction/Demo than Destro. Also someone who has a Shivarra that can passively mesmerize one of your team mates for around 12 Seconds, then swap and do the other one is strong to me. What I do like is that they have a nice versatile talent tree, and it makes lots of Locks I face to be more interesting in PVP. However ultimately when I think about it, they're a many powerful classes/specs this patch, so it's still too early for me to say OP.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

some classes more powerfull the others but the skill of the player can be the biggest deciding factor

Deleted
    Destro is bugged atm 5.3 Chaos bolt is not getting the +dmg from pvp-power. So a chaos bolt is doing around 40-60k and with cd's up you can hit around 100k (and that is if the enemy target have no dmg reduce cd up) .... the same is for the sacrificial pact. And compared to other classes our burst output is no where near id say we are balanced for pvp but other classes might need a tune down in burst dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PvE: I do =3 GoSac + Shadow Bulwark + SacPact <3 Glyph of Healthstone + Glyph of Ember Tap <3

So much max HP, so much max HP based absorbs and heals, so much cooldowns. I love it =3

In PvP, meh, going with that setup isn't exactly viable, strengths lie elsewhere completely.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I think the problem a lot of players have against locks is that they blow most of their CDs while an absorb (unending resolve or sacrificial pact) is up. They do seem to be a little bit more difficult to finish off, but I wouldn't call them OP.

yeah nerf lock self-healing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    Warlocks.. Their ability to have 1.2 million hp and take almost no damage, then turn around and CB crit you in the face for 150-200k is ridiculous..
    lol at this guy

I suggest all those who think that locks are OP to level one and faceroll to high raitings. Although you'll be up for a surprise how squishy you're against properly played cleaves and later on will most likely come back here bitching about other classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    Is it really necessary for warlocks to have 550k+ hp plus do insane dmg, on top of having awesome control/cc abilities and also have awesome defensive cds? I ran into a warlock a few mins ago with 550k hp and he was in crafted blues and a few malevolent pieces...then when he pops his cds he jumps up to 730khp and is absorbing everything i can throw at him...then healing himself to full, then once that wears off im feared and stunned until im dead...

you can say its a l2p issue if u like, but it really does seem OP...
    Best advice i can give you is level one to 90. It won't take long and you will have a solid grasp of the class. You can't beat them unless you know how to play one. This should be known to all players. If you plan on doing pvp and don't want to get "rekt" level all classes to 90.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    Locks are pretty decent against classes that need burst to take people down, since they can chain or stack defensive cooldowns, but they just flop against any class with sustained damage (i.e. hunters and every melee but rogues).

15+ Year Old Account
    If they were insanely OP wouldnt it reflect on the ladders.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.