Subscription Cancelled Trend?

I just cancelled my subscription due to a variety of reasons, but I was curious how prominent it is during this expansion? I used to have a lot of friends on this game when I came back for MoP, but most if not all have left. If you or your friends have cancelled, what were the reasons?

I just leave during the odd numbered patches because they said they arent going to add raids, so clearly they want me to not play these patches.

Clear normal mode, discontinue subscription, move on to other games, come back when they make a new raid. rinse and repeat. (I'd do heroic modes but there is really no point in them and it just creates too much attrition within the guild.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it's prominent due to over 1.3million quitting in just the last quarter. (Well, not playing *Chinese Pay per hour*).
    One of my friends raided heroic T14, and once he finished it he quit. He will come back for T16.
    I quit after raiding normal T14, and I just came back a week ago, but I've decided to reroll a Warrior on a new realm.
    Other friends quit in Cata, and decided not to come back.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    The trend I see in my guild is....

We have a core raid team of about 14 people, these people are subbed pretty consistently (not all the time of course).

The rest of the guild seem to come and go, buy a game gard play for a couple of months and then leave again and come back when they want to play again.

They seem to flit around other MMOs (especially since they are all almost F2P or B2P now) or play other games etc.

I think with the market the way it is, it is harder and harder for WoW to hold on to these sort of players longer term.

They defo made some mistakes in MoP that did not help (Valor gear behind daily rep I am looking at you), but they have backed away from that pretty quickly.

I don't know anyone that plays for a month then stops completely because they choose to. I know people that are active duty and have to take elongated breaks and i know people who have quit but never seen anyone pay for 2 months then quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit right after MoP. Played since 2006, WoW is no longer a social game.

crz (that was the stupidest thing blizz did), lfd and lfr ruined this game.

While I still have an active subscription because I was dumb enough to buy a 6-month one, I am not playing anymore. The difficulty of ToT normal is to high for me to be bothered with, there is no interesting lore surronding ToT that would make me go with LFR, the Isle of Thunder got old after 3 weeks or so and with no new 5-mans and no reason to do the old 5-mans I have nothing to do in the game. I can't really see myself resubscribing to do 5.4 either since I think the whole Garrosh storyline is just pathetic and I can't see any way they can make it good. It's pretty much the Illidan storyline all over again. They took a character that was interesting and shat all over it so they had a villian.

I am pretty much done with WoW for this expansion. I have leveled 4 or 5 characters to 90, I have nothing to do on them and I can't see myself liking anything else they can put into this expansion. I feel they really failed on the raids and since they added no new 5-mans.... I might return for the next expansion, but if it is the legion expansion I probably won't bother. Been there done that in BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    crz (that was the stupidest thing blizz did), lfd and lfr ruined this game.
    Crz, yeah, but how exactly did LFR ruin the game for you? It's not like it would affect you if you don't like and thus don't use it.

While almost all of my friends quit during Cata, most of them came back a while ago. But not only them, a lot of other people from my server started playing again.
    Quite interesting to see more and more known names showing up again, after the server went near-dead during the last expansion.