Deleted

Enchanting levelling questions

Hi guys, sorry if this is a thread you see quite often but I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering. (If you need any info that I've foolishly left out to answer them feel free to ask)

So my main is JC/inscr and my alts are Herb/Alch and Mining/Ench(at 0). I really want to level enchanting so I finally have it on one of my characters and so I can combine it with JC for potential profits if I decide to shuffle at any point. However, to level enchanting using only the AH would cost me 13,670g which is not an amount of money I'm really willing to spend (unless you guys know if levelling would provide me sufficient return just from levelling itself).

My questions:

1. What instances are best for farming each dust etc (as a Horde)?
    2. Would I be better off farming Ghost Iron (at 70g/stack) and using the profits from selling that/prospecting to fund purchasing through AH rather than farming for greens directly?
    3. Would mining low level zones -> prospecting -> creating greens with JC -> disenchanting for mats be the better option than both? I'm assuming farming ghost iron is more efficient but I could be wrong.

I had some other questions earlier but I can't for the life of me remember what they are so I think this will do for now until I can remember them. I apologize if I've left out crucial information you need to answer this (as I understand this sort of question is server economy based, just let me know and I'll provide it).

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by mmoc8c74742058; 2013-05-28 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to level enchanting is to do it while you level so you can use all the quest items and greens you get to d/e. If your toon is allready max level you could choose to do leveling zones you haven't visited and d/e those items; a nice method if you are also looking to do Loremaster for instance. It's not the fastest option most likely.

You can most likely buy enchanting mats cheaply till you hit around 220-ish. At that point it's probably best to start thinking of using other methods. Not sure which method will be best, depends largely on how much ore you can sell at what price. Farming Ghost Iron is most likely the more straightforward method. Put up some music and go farm till your eyes bleed.

I helped a friend level enchanting through BC levels by chain running dungeons with his char in tow, it was doable, but to me it was only worth it cause I could combine it with a few reputation grinds in BC I still had to do. I'd do 2-3 of the mob rich dungeons in BC and see if that nets you a decent amount of materials, and if not, just go back to the Ghost Iron farm.

Once you hit Wrath & Cata levels though you'll probably be quicker to do the prospecting/crafting yourself and d/e items, since ore is pretty farmable there, and dust sells for idiotic prices.

Mists should be easy, just start saving up all the greens you get from this moment on. Bounce them back and forth in mails untill you have sufficient level to d/e them yourself.

I just leveled my Enchanter a week ago from 0-600 in what would have been a day, my shaman was my chosen toon for a few reasons:

A) I had a backed up amount of epic quality gear which was sitting in my bank ready to be DE'd which means sha crystals (48 to be exact, not to mention double procs) Plus I also had one 522 level token which was an extra from raid so I had another item to sell.
    B) He was my JC as well, which was nice to be able to make lower level items and DE when the AH was low on things for me to buy and level with.
    C) The money put into leveling this profession was outweighed by the items at level 90 which I had to DE and sell for mats or enchants.

After leveling using a quick guide, I was sitting at roughly 2k gold on all my toons combined (started at 9K) I sold a bit of the mid road stuff, plus the blue quality items which my JC had proc. Overall it cost me roughly the 13K you guessed when I consider gold plus mats and what I used from my bank. As of today, I'm at 29K after selling everything I had left over plus de'ing all my surplus and selling those mats. I'm not heartbroken that I sold the sha crystals and such as I saved enough to make enchants for all my toons (plus extras) as well as the fact I do not have the rep yet to buy the faction level enchants.

If the character you plan on leveling enchanting has extra gear to be de'd at level 90 keep that in mind, the money sink might be high, but if you have an endgame plan then you can come out ahead. My next leveling is my rogue 1-600 herbing and alchemy, doing this because my DK is currently sitting on over 1000 ore and my JC is sitting on a ton of gems so I can do an ore shuffle to hopefully get me into the area where I can make more money rapidly with the three toons (BS/JC/ench/alch/herb/mining).

If you want to take you time, run LFR as much as possible with the toon your leveling enchanting and save your epics, I have used 40 coins in a week and a half with my enchanter (shaman healer insta ques, boring but makes money when I've got nothing to do).

I have 2 enchanters, and there really isnt a "ROFLOMGTHATWASSOFAST" way to level it. I was lucky enough to find the mats on the AH for a cheapish price.

There are a couple suggestions I have for you:

1) Spam trade - there is likely someone who is a matswhore and has extra just sitting there.
    2) Look on the other faction AH. Grab a friend (someone u trust with your gold) and use the Neutral AH. If ur desperate, this is a easy solution.
    3) Spam trade on the opposing faction, someone will have the mats you need.
    4) Use this guide. Will make ur leveling more efficient.
    5) U can figure out the dungeons you can run through for the gear by using this Disenchanting Guide and that will tell you the item levels you need to disenchant to get the required mats, then look for dungeons that drop those item levels.

Hope this helps, and GL

Edit: Oh and one more thing, if you want your enchanting to be worthwhile, you will need to be exalted with August Celestial's and Shadow Pan. I made a thread about a SUPER easy way to do this. Just spend a day farming the warscouts and you will have it.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-05-28 at 05:10 PM. Reason: see edit
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Use the encchanting guide + the disenchanting guide.

Collect the mats over time, say 2 weeks and that way you dont become a hostage to the ah pf either faction.
    Break it down into say skill levels of 50.
    When the ah gets too expensive, then make the items to de or go and farm the items from instances.

At each stage fiyre out which is the cheapest method based on what mats you have left.

Looks like aveda has linked the guides.

13k would not be a large amount compared to what most people cna make or farm. Maybe 3hrs work. Less or more for some people. Once your enchanting is good then you will only have to do 50-75 levels to keep it up to date per expansion.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    until wotlk go for istances (the bigger the better): pull all from the start to the end and kill everything with a single AoE (pick every mob, you'd probably hit the istance limit anyway), rise and repeat, on 50-60 use illusion dusts and keep essences (they sell really good if you're on a server with active twinks)

for TBC prefer MgT over the rest, there are more mobs and higher level

for Wotlk farm raids (i'd go for naxx, plenty of easy trashes to kill and bosses are fast) on 25 man (more loots on bosses) and do abyss shatters (prefer essence crafts, they go for nothing on AH)

on Cata farm Verlok Stand (disenchant only 80+ items, 78-79 can be sold for something on AH, buy mats with those golds)

for MoP you can craft (JC/tailor/LW/BS) level 85 items and disenchant greenies (keep procced blues, they sell for good)
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-05-28 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies guys, they've been really helpful.

One more question though, as the Cata stuff is the main cost (6k gold out of the 13k total) I was thinking about farming ore and doing the JC->D/E route for that stuff. Does anyone know of a guide or just a reference for the best stuff to make to get the most dust/shards out of your mats? Cus I might use that for BC too as those 2 are the big money sinks and without them I would just buy the rest.

I also leveled Jewelcrafting at the same time and deleted allot of the low level crap... made it easy to get 0-300

Well I'll just add a little to what most have said.

I've levelled Enchanting on every one of my characters that I raid and PVP with only cause of how profitable it is to DE your epic gear for crystals.

Well luckily all times I've had people sitting on tons of mats and the other times I've levelled crafting professions like JC/Blacksmithing and Tailoring simultaneously.

What I recommend is to pair Tailoring with Enchanting. From what I've found Tailoring items seem to DE to the most amount of dusts/esscense. Also cloth is cheap now with the AoE looting.

You would be paying around 10-15G in total to probably level both Enchanting and Tailoring to around 120 skill level. That is how much I spent.

But I don't recommend farming dungeons to farm gear. It isn't efficient and the amount of greens you get isn't even remotely sufficient where it makes it worth the effort.

You said it would cost you 13K to level Enchanting. That is a pretty decent and towards the low end on the scale when it comes to gold required to level Enchanting.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 09:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Munimentum View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys, they've been really helpful.

One more question though, as the Cata stuff is the main cost (6k gold out of the 13k total) I was thinking about farming ore and doing the JC->D/E route for that stuff. Does anyone know of a guide or just a reference for the best stuff to make to get the most dust/shards out of your mats? Cus I might use that for BC too as those 2 are the big money sinks and without them I would just buy the rest.
    I find its easier doing the shuffle with cloth from previous expansions rather than the ore shuffle. Its often times a pain to farm stacks of ore and also, you often need to a particular colour of gem to make them into jewelery.

Netherweave cloth should be very cheap and so should Embersilk cloth - Well at least cheaper than the ores from their expansions. That is why I recommend to level Tailoring. It just works amazingly well with Enchanting.

Cloth is often times very cheap, and simply crafting a ton of tailoring items should cover most of the dusts required. And the rest you can simply pick them from the AH.

Deleted
    Just make the rings ane necks from common items. Theres only a few types per expansion. You fret about 6k old and to put that into perspective that is 2hrs farming at a quite pedestrian rate. Just do ot over a period and then farm the rest in greens for the rest. You cna clear some instances in about ten minutes. Make sure your bags are empty. Just be aware you are in the right instance that drops the right stuff for you to de.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Just make the rings ane necks from common items. Theres only a few types per expansion. You fret about 6k old and to put that into perspective that is 2hrs farming at a quite pedestrian rate. Just do ot over a period and then farm the rest in greens for the rest. You cna clear some instances in about ten minutes. Make sure your bags are empty. Just be aware you are in the right instance that drops the right stuff for you to de.
    Erm, 2 hours farming what exactly to get 3k gold an hour? I'll happily farm that for a few hours and buy it all. Unfortunately ghost iron on my server is more like 1k/hour max (and yes that's not bad but I'm just asking about efficiency here in case anybody new the best method).

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 01:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Well I'll just add a little to what most have said.

I've levelled Enchanting on every one of my characters that I raid and PVP with only cause of how profitable it is to DE your epic gear for crystals.

Well luckily all times I've had people sitting on tons of mats and the other times I've levelled crafting professions like JC/Blacksmithing and Tailoring simultaneously.

What I recommend is to pair Tailoring with Enchanting. From what I've found Tailoring items seem to DE to the most amount of dusts/esscense. Also cloth is cheap now with the AoE looting.

You would be paying around 10-15G in total to probably level both Enchanting and Tailoring to around 120 skill level. That is how much I spent.

But I don't recommend farming dungeons to farm gear. It isn't efficient and the amount of greens you get isn't even remotely sufficient where it makes it worth the effort.

You said it would cost you 13K to level Enchanting. That is a pretty decent and towards the low end on the scale when it comes to gold required to level Enchanting.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 09:21 PM ----------

I find its easier doing the shuffle with cloth from previous expansions rather than the ore shuffle. Its often times a pain to farm stacks of ore and also, you often need to a particular colour of gem to make them into jewelery.

Netherweave cloth should be very cheap and so should Embersilk cloth - Well at least cheaper than the ores from their expansions. That is why I recommend to level Tailoring. It just works amazingly well with Enchanting.

Cloth is often times very cheap, and simply crafting a ton of tailoring items should cover most of the dusts required. And the rest you can simply pick them from the AH.
    Hmm, I was wanting to use JC over tailoring cus I don't have an alt high enough to get it to max so I would've had to level one first. I'm leaning towards levelling my lock that I've wanted for a while and doing tailoring/enchanting on that and levelling them together if it's really that much easier (along with disenchanting quest items as that does seem quite efficient.) You're right that cloth is cheaper too, I just heard tailoring was expensive to level and thus didn't want to do 2 expensive professions. But perhaps it's more like paying for 1 and getting 1 free which does appeal to me.

I have leveled enchanting 2 times from the AH this expansion, and it most certainly does not cost 13k.

I spent about 6-8k buying everything from my medium/low pop AH, with the most expensive bracket being the cata one because of hypnotic dusts. It only took me 4-5 hours.

Leveling enchanting has never been this cheap or easy, no one remember the primal mights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munimentum View Post
    Erm, 2 hours farming what exactly to get 3k gold an hour? I'll happily farm that for a few hours and buy it all. Unfortunately ghost iron on my server is more like 1k/hour max (and yes that's not bad but I'm just asking about efficiency here in case anybody new the best method).

3k an hour isnt impossible by any means. 42 stacks of ore an hour.
    You are suggesting you can only mine 14 stacks an hour, which is 7 every 30 minutes.

In addition a dual gatherer will also be able to herb.
    Although they are low price the extra lotus you can pick up are valuable. they should always be on the same character imo. Same goes for JC ench.

You can go and farm embersilk cloth on the trogs or look at the most in demand essences and dudts then farm the relevant instance.

A bit of planning and I doubt whether it will cost you anything like the money from the ah. Nobody can tell which is the best method as all servers are different and only you know what you have available. At each stage consider ah/ farming/ disenchanting. Even if it did cost 13k then you should see it as an investment and that you will soon make your money back. Look at the way goblins on here have described how they leveled and you will see they cut costs wherever they could.

I also wouldnt bank on selling much whilst you are leveling. I completely write such stuff off.

The only draw back on gathering at the moment is the usual requirement to be in the mood or its very dull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I have leveled enchanting 2 times from the AH this expansion, and it most certainly does not cost 13k.

I spent about 6-8k buying everything from my medium/low pop AH, with the most expensive bracket being the cata one because of hypnotic dusts. It only took me 4-5 hours.

Leveling enchanting has never been this cheap or easy, no one remember the primal mights?
    Based on the material requirements from the wow-professions guide, I went through the AH and added up the cost for everything based on the current prices, which came to 13k. Perhaps you're lucky and stuff is cheaper on your realm? I appreciate you're post but assuming your realm is indicative of prices on every realm is foolish, especially when you use it to deal in absolutes.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    3k an hour isnt impossible by any means. 42 stacks of ore an hour.
    You are suggesting you can only mine 14 stacks an hour, which is 7 every 30 minutes.

In addition a dual gatherer will also be able to herb.
    Although they are low price the extra lotus you can pick up are valuable. they should always be on the same character imo. Same goes for JC ench.

You can go and farm embersilk cloth on the trogs or look at the most in demand essences and dudts then farm the relevant instance.

A bit of planning and I doubt whether it will cost you anything like the money from the ah. Nobody can tell which is the best method as all servers are different and only you know what you have available. At each stage consider ah/ farming/ disenchanting. Even if it did cost 13k then you should see it as an investment and that you will soon make your money back. Look at the way goblins on here have described how they leveled and you will see they cut costs wherever they could.

I also wouldnt bank on selling much whilst you are leveling. I completely write such stuff off.

The only draw back on gathering at the moment is the usual requirement to be in the mood or its very dull.
    Hmm, I always thought you could only show one kind of gathering prof at once on your map, did they change that in cata or something? (Only just came back in 5.2) If so that might be a good idea, despite having herb already on mage. Doubling my gains for the same amount of farming would be awesome. If this is possible thank you very much for pointing that out.

I did level it both times on a blood elf so that saves some gold, but many of those guides are silly and inefficient. Any AH addon that shows you the price of the mats on each enchant for your realm's AH is a much better guide.

My point is that enchanting is much easier to level from the AH now than ever before, and definitely cheaper than something like LW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I did level it both times on a blood elf so that saves some gold, but many of those guides are silly and inefficient. Any AH addon that shows you the price of the mats on each enchant for your realm's AH is a much better guide.

My point is that enchanting is much easier to level from the AH now than ever before, and definitely cheaper than something like LW.
    Oh I don't disagree, of course buying stuff from AH is easy and won't take long. With this post I was just asking about which other method is the most efficient as I didn't want to spend 13k. I wasn't saying I couldn't just do that I was curious what the best way other than that was.

13.6k to go from 1-600 for enchanting? Not great, but not terrible either. Depending on server economy, you can make that amount back rather quickly if you get the good MoP enchants and/or old world heirloom enchants.

One idea that may help: Level a toon with tailoring and/or BS. Level it as you level the toon, then send the greens you make to your enchanter. I did this with JC earlier in the expansion and ended up with enough mats I could've damn near leveled enchanting 1-600 again, had I not already had it at 600. May have run short of mats in some spots, but it helps to ease the pain. Not only that, but then you end up with other professions to benefit from.

Just delete unwanted data..