10+ Year Old Account

[Frost PvP] Water Elemental not getting Invisibility

Hey all,

so today was the first time I did some PvP (2v2 Arena, just for points) since the patch came out and I found that the Water Elemental no longer benefits from Invisibility.

Is this possibly a bug or have you guys encountered something similar?

The only thing I saw is a post from the bnet forums that says the pet might immediately enter combat and try to attack someone, making it lose invisibility and that it has to be set to Passive in order to work normally.

Has this been a continuing problem and I've just noticed it or is it something new?
    My magic will tear you apart.

I think this is one of those things that's gone back and forth. I remember there initially being a hotfix shortly after we got WEs as permanent pets that made them gain invisibility with us. But I also know that throughout* MoP my WE has never invis'd when I have.

*: since 5.1; prior I didn't play Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that it tends to not always get invisibility. Happens sometimes. Perhaps something to do with range?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enter arenas invisible because I play with a Rogue partner so we have lots of invisible time together to position ourselves. Last time I played was 2-3 weeks ago and the Elemental was getting Invisible every single time I used the spell at least 7 weeks in a row getting capped.

Today it just refused. So it has to be because of the patch.

Either that or it really just is that it has to be set to passive otherwise it always tries to enter combat by itself. Will test it later, but definitely something to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been pretty glitchy in pve for a while too. You have to dimiss it if you want to actually invis and get out of combat instantly and if you stop it attacking it take quite a while to get out of combat and even then sometimes it doesn't work.

There must be something blizz could do to make it work better.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I've found when you cast Invisibility and let it count down those 3 seconds,
    If it completely invis's BEFORE the gate opens (even a milisecond) then your pet is not invisible.
    However, if you go invis after the gate opens it is invisible.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Do you play with the talent "Greater Invisibility"? My elemental was visible everytime I "invised" just before the arena match started. After speccing cauterize, problem was sloved. But I´m not a pvp, just played 4 - 5 matches this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I use Cold Snap. It would seem that oldcurrency4u's post might be spot on for this. Depending on the Arena doors opening. I'll test it some more this reset. Thank you all for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Nah, I use Cold Snap.
    I almost wanted to bop you for using that, then I remembered this was a PvP discussion >.>;

Anyways, yeah, a lot of temp buffs are typically wiped pre-arena, much like H Tortos wipes your Crystal Shell pre-pull. Invis (On pet) may have entered the crosshairs of these buffs. Curious why it's just out pet though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.