Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Testing shadowform shows that it's exactly what it looks like, the 100% bonus armor takes whatever existing armor you have, and doubles it. However it treats the armor as "bonus armor", so instead of saying you have 2000 armor, it says you have 1000 armor + 1000 armor, and the bonus is written in green instead of white.

Blood presence, on the other hand, only increases the "white" or base part of the armor, and doesn't show a + anything, or have any green. Also, in times past, some items had "bonus armor" as a stat, though it was quite rare. One example is http://www.wowhead.com/item=50606 having 2764 armor, while http://www.wowhead.com/item=51265 having 3148 armor, at the same ilevel. The "green" color refers to bonus armor. Blood presence does not multiply bonus armor, only base armor.
    Yeah, I went on my dk and it seemed to work the same as shadowform is, besides it shows the numbers differently.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

How is UH doing at the moment for PvE? I remember Method using DKs on some Tier14 Worldfirst, not sure what spec they were.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    How is UH doing at the moment for PvE? I remember Method using DKs on some Tier14 Worldfirst, not sure what spec they were.
    T14 was a while ago, but Method seems to have used 2 unholy DKs for T16, and 2 unholy dks for T15(according to wowprogress). I'm not sure what they used in T14. Right now, unholy is perfectly fine in PVE, simming a mere 2.5% behind DW frost, which can be made up for with FB2.0, as well as unholy's superior sustained AE. I'm playing it myself.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Hi quick Question does PvP Frost DK DualWield or twohand?
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-06-01 at 01:08 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

High Overlord
    Hi, is there any frost dk bis list for CM. Or at least stat priorities? DW or two handed?

I'm not aware of any BiS lists, as far as stat priorities, simcraft has a challenge mode setting that scales your stats down to 463, and will generate Cmode stats just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hi quick Question does PvP Frost DK DualWield or twohand?
    2h is generally better for pvp since you have more burst plus DW is a lot more likely to break CC accidentally. Could maybe see DW being used in RBGs for a dot cleave comp.
    Axphyxiate <Kill it Please> - 14/14HM
    Rank 19 US 10man / Rank 87 US 25man

Quote Originally Posted by Axphyxiate View Post
    2h is generally better for pvp since you have more burst plus DW is a lot more likely to break CC accidentally. Could maybe see DW being used in RBGs for a dot cleave comp.
    It goes either way, rune flexibility and magic damage of DW make it just as good as 2H however I think even in RBGS people are going unholy for necro strike and disease spreading.

My question is Flex 2hander or Flex Heirloom 1hander with another Flex 1hander?

Flex heirlooms are exactly the same as a fully upgraded 4/4 flex 1-hander, with the exception that they can't be warforged.

I will start challenge modes as dps with my friends. I will go as dw frost because i think that will do the biggest damage out of the 3 spec, and i like it. But i need some informations about stat prio (maybe hit-exp>master>crit>haste) and the gear what can i use , or whats the most beneficial items what i can use as a dw frost.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    I will start challenge modes as dps with my friends. I will go as dw frost because i think that will do the biggest damage out of the 3 spec, and i like it. But i need some informations about stat prio (maybe hit-exp>master>crit>haste) and the gear what can i use , or whats the most beneficial items what i can use as a dw frost.
    Your stats are correct, hit-exp>master>crit>haste. If you want stat weights, simC has a cmode setting to scale your gear down to 463, but I'm not aware of anyone doing a cmode BiS list for dks.

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Your stats are correct, hit-exp>master>crit>haste. If you want stat weights, simC has a cmode setting to scale your gear down to 463, but I'm not aware of anyone doing a cmode BiS list for dks.
    It really doesn't matter. CMS are far more about proper execution. I've seen/done them with people in quest greens still.

Gear just makes it slightly easier if you are tight on timing.

Basically, aim for max sockets and you'll be fine.

I forgot to ask one more thing, i know now what was it. So people say that Dk's have scaling issues. How does it will looks like in WoD. Does the stat squish change something ?

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    I forgot to ask one more thing, i know now what was it. So people say that Dk's have scaling issues. How does it will looks like in WoD. Does the stat squish change something ?
    Stat squish and the rebalancing of weapon damage and str-AP basically changes everything. If our scaling was a dartboard, blizzard just threw a new dart.

Thank you for the answer. I don't really care about bad or good scaling because I love playing with Dk. But I was really interested about this after i read how bad dk's are in the end of the expansion. And thank you for helping me with the CM.

Just one more question. If i would do it in unholy or 2handed frost my stat prio would be haste>crit>mastery ?
    Last edited by DkWarrior; 2014-07-28 at 12:23 PM.

jc dk's special gems: crit or str? haste breakpoints table for gary's attacks?

Hi Menddenbarr, I'm a huge fan of yours.

1) For a JC UH DK is better going for specific profession given str gems or crit gems? In your guide on elitist jerks you wrote str gems: do you still have this opinion and if it doesn't bother you explain me why seen it seems we dk's have major benefits from crit nowadays?

2) I was looking on the net about haste breakpoints: you are using 9k + haste on your toon and I think it's because you have enough mastery and our beloved Gary get 17 attacks, am I correct? Please if you can might I have a link where I can see clearly haste breakpoints and the corresponding gary's attacks?

Please pardon me if my questions make you repeat things already written.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverre View Post
    Hi Menddenbarr, I'm a huge fan of yours.

1) For a JC UH DK is better going for specific profession given str gems or crit gems? In your guide on elitist jerks you wrote str gems: do you still have this opinion and if it doesn't bother you explain me why seen it seems we dk's have major benefits from crit nowadays?

2) I was looking on the net about haste breakpoints: you are using 9k + haste on your toon and I think it's because you have enough mastery and our beloved Gary get 17 attacks, am I correct? Please if you can might I have a link where I can see clearly haste breakpoints and the corresponding gary's attacks?

Please pardon me if my questions make you repeat things already written.

Hello Neverre!

1) Strength gems give 320 total strength, or 160 extra strength, while crit gems give 480 total crit, or 160 extra crit. The question is then, what's better for you, 320 strength or 480 crit? Generally strength wins out, so the guide is still correct. Crit isn't GOOD, all the other stats are just less good. Haste has become weak since we are GCD capped so much of the time, which means more haste leads to overcapping and lost value. And mathematically, mastery just doesn't effect enough of our damage to be better than crit(not including DWF). Unlike int and agi, we don't get bonus crit from using STR, so when the gems offer twice as much crit as strength, crit gems are normally stronger.

2) The breakpoints for gary are insubstantial for the most part, while they do technically exist, they are altered enough by lag and pet AI imperfections that it's not really worth going for them. I have 9k haste because I like the feeling of having that ballpark of haste, and because it provides me with some extra benefit on low soaking fights such as nazgrim. I can't really get more crit, but I would be able to gain slightly, and I do mean slightly, more damage on heavy soaking fights by swapping over to a mastery heavier build, at the cost of light soaking fight damage.

Thank you for your quick reply!

So we benefit more of the jc specific STR gems and equipping or gemming or reforging haste for Gary has no reason nowadays.

Then I suppose, translating it in a pvp context, as human UH DK:

1) we would have more benefits from blacksmithing (bracers + gloves extra slots) + enchanting (ring "extra slot" enchant) as professions since engineering gloves enchant shares a CD with the pvp trinket;

2) since haste has no reason on Gary, equipping crit/exp pvp bracers gives major benefits than haste/mastery pvp ones.

Pardon my silly questions, thank you again for your attention and please keep up the amazing and exceptional work you are doing about dk's!

Quote Originally Posted by Neverre View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply!

So we benefit more of the jc specific STR gems and equipping or gemming or reforging haste for Gary has no reason nowadays.

Then I suppose, translating it in a pvp context, as human UH DK:

1) we would have more benefits from blacksmithing (bracers + gloves extra slots) + enchanting (ring "extra slot" enchant) as professions since engineering gloves enchant shares a CD with the pvp trinket;

2) since haste has no reason on Gary, equipping crit/exp pvp bracers gives major benefits than haste/mastery pvp ones.

Pardon my silly questions, thank you again for your attention and please keep up the amazing and exceptional work you are doing about dk's!
    I can't pretend to have any knowledge of pvp, but I'd imagine that the rocket boots and goblin glider outweigh any minor determinants of not being able to stack with trinkets. No idea on pvp stat weights, sorry.