How is UH doing at the moment for PvE? I remember Method using DKs on some Tier14 Worldfirst, not sure what spec they were.
Hi quick Question does PvP Frost DK DualWield or twohand?
Last edited by Trumpresident; 2014-06-01 at 01:08 PM.
Hi, is there any frost dk bis list for CM. Or at least stat priorities? DW or two handed?
I'm not aware of any BiS lists, as far as stat priorities, simcraft has a challenge mode setting that scales your stats down to 463, and will generate Cmode stats just for you.
I will start challenge modes as dps with my friends. I will go as dw frost because i think that will do the biggest damage out of the 3 spec, and i like it. But i need some informations about stat prio (maybe hit-exp>master>crit>haste) and the gear what can i use , or whats the most beneficial items what i can use as a dw frost.
I forgot to ask one more thing, i know now what was it. So people say that Dk's have scaling issues. How does it will looks like in WoD. Does the stat squish change something ?
Thank you for the answer. I don't really care about bad or good scaling because I love playing with Dk. But I was really interested about this after i read how bad dk's are in the end of the expansion. And thank you for helping me with the CM.
Just one more question. If i would do it in unholy or 2handed frost my stat prio would be haste>crit>mastery ?
Last edited by DkWarrior; 2014-07-28 at 12:23 PM.
Hi Menddenbarr, I'm a huge fan of yours.
1) For a JC UH DK is better going for specific profession given str gems or crit gems? In your guide on elitist jerks you wrote str gems: do you still have this opinion and if it doesn't bother you explain me why seen it seems we dk's have major benefits from crit nowadays?
2) I was looking on the net about haste breakpoints: you are using 9k + haste on your toon and I think it's because you have enough mastery and our beloved Gary get 17 attacks, am I correct? Please if you can might I have a link where I can see clearly haste breakpoints and the corresponding gary's attacks?
Please pardon me if my questions make you repeat things already written.
1) Strength gems give 320 total strength, or 160 extra strength, while crit gems give 480 total crit, or 160 extra crit. The question is then, what's better for you, 320 strength or 480 crit? Generally strength wins out, so the guide is still correct. Crit isn't GOOD, all the other stats are just less good. Haste has become weak since we are GCD capped so much of the time, which means more haste leads to overcapping and lost value. And mathematically, mastery just doesn't effect enough of our damage to be better than crit(not including DWF). Unlike int and agi, we don't get bonus crit from using STR, so when the gems offer twice as much crit as strength, crit gems are normally stronger.
2) The breakpoints for gary are insubstantial for the most part, while they do technically exist, they are altered enough by lag and pet AI imperfections that it's not really worth going for them. I have 9k haste because I like the feeling of having that ballpark of haste, and because it provides me with some extra benefit on low soaking fights such as nazgrim. I can't really get more crit, but I would be able to gain slightly, and I do mean slightly, more damage on heavy soaking fights by swapping over to a mastery heavier build, at the cost of light soaking fight damage.
Thank you for your quick reply!
So we benefit more of the jc specific STR gems and equipping or gemming or reforging haste for Gary has no reason nowadays.
Then I suppose, translating it in a pvp context, as human UH DK:
1) we would have more benefits from blacksmithing (bracers + gloves extra slots) + enchanting (ring "extra slot" enchant) as professions since engineering gloves enchant shares a CD with the pvp trinket;
2) since haste has no reason on Gary, equipping crit/exp pvp bracers gives major benefits than haste/mastery pvp ones.
Pardon my silly questions, thank you again for your attention and please keep up the amazing and exceptional work you are doing about dk's!