Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you AMS soak by standing in the water on Gorefiend? I've tried looking at some logs but it's not clear as to whether or not this works.

Is it worth using a Heroic Vial of Convulsive Shadows over H HFC trinkets for UH?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Is it worth using a Heroic Vial of Convulsive Shadows over H HFC trinkets for UH?
    With BoS, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Can you AMS soak by standing in the water on Gorefiend? I've tried looking at some logs but it's not clear as to whether or not this works.
    You can afaik.

Deleted
    someone knows who jacedk is? what is his current armory?

(he is the dk invited for next finalboss str dps debate)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    someone knows who jacedk is? what is his current armory?

(he is the dk invited for next finalboss str dps debate)
    He left Huge in Japan with his DK. I don't know if he changed his name after, but I cannot find his main DK. Both his alts are still in Huge in Japan.
    Last edited by Clayney0; 2015-09-22 at 09:06 PM.

Is there a list of what you can use Dark Simulacrum on in HFC? I couldn't seem to find one.

This might be a silly question, but (for dual-wield frost specs) why is Obliterate only used when both unholy runes are available? Since Obliterate > Howling Blast + Plague Strike, and assuming we're using Blood Tap and not Runic Empowerment, what's the advantage in keeping one unholy rune available?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    Is there a list of what you can use Dark Simulacrum on in HFC? I couldn't seem to find one.
    Incinerate - Gorebound Felcaster (Hellfire Assault)
    Felfire Volley - Gorebound Terror (Hellfire Assault)
    Conducted Shock Pulse - The Goblin Engineers on Hellfire Assault - This does a LOT of damage on Mythic
    Corruption Bolt (Hellfire Assault Mythic Mini Boss)

Not sure of anything else.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-10-12 at 12:16 AM.

Fel Blast on Mannoroth is also simmable.

Just got the class trinket, is it true I go uh pres as frost and use a two hander with it?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Just got the class trinket, is it true I go uh pres as frost and use a two hander with it?
    Don't play 2H Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    2H Frost isn't a spec.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

So what fights is it useful for? I've heard people telling me you can go UH pres and do 2 handed with the trinket.

Assuming its just bad for frost, for unholy what fights do you use it for?

Gorefiend, if you're talking mythic.

Xhul'horac, mannoroth and archimonde, situationally. It depends on your raid comp, if everyone else is blowing up adds straight away you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Obliterate doesn't get used often when DW, pretty much only when you are about to cap on unholy runes or don't have enough runic power to use Frost Strike on a Killing Machine proc. It's not about keeping the rune available, it's about it being a dead rune since damage is coming from Howling Blast. DW doesn't even bother with the Obliterate buff (which is haste) from the 2set.
    Obliterate just doesn't do as much damage as Howling Blast, so we're left with orphan runes.
    I'm not sure I understand this. Let's say we have a frost and unholy rune free. If Howling Blast deals more damage than Obliterate, we would be using Howling Blast + Plague Strike rather than Obliterate. So why aren't we spending excess unholy runes on Plague Strike (assuming we're not GCD capped)?

Alternatively, if it's better to use a UF rune pairing on Obliterate (e.g. if the 45% chance to proc Freezing Fog on Obliterate means it's preferable over Howling Blast + Plague Strike), then why don't we use both unholy runes on Obliterate (i.e. why do we only Obliterate if unholy runes are capped)?

I can understand the value of making sure unholy runes are never depleted if we're using Runic Empowerment, since we never want Runic Empowerment to return an unholy rune, but both Blood Tap and Plague Leech return death runes - so that shouldn't be a consideration.
    Last edited by Demeisen; 2015-10-17 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeisen View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this. Let's say we have a frost and unholy rune free. If Howling Blast deals more damage than Obliterate, we would be using Howling Blast + Plague Strike rather than Obliterate. So why aren't we spending excess unholy runes on Plague Strike (assuming we're not GCD capped)?

Alternatively, if it's better to use a UF rune pairing on Obliterate (e.g. if the 45% chance to proc Freezing Fog on Obliterate means it's preferable over Howling Blast + Plague Strike), then why don't we use both unholy runes on Obliterate (i.e. why do we only Obliterate if unholy runes are capped)?

I can understand the value of making sure unholy runes are never depleted if we're using Runic Empowerment, since we never want Runic Empowerment to return an unholy rune, but both Blood Tap and Plague Leech return death runes - so that shouldn't be a consideration.
    Havent been playing dwf after SoO, but my wild quess is just to save 1 uh rune for PS(blood plague after PL) or defile.

Deleted
    Hello,

I wanted to know how "Hãns" can begin the fight "Zakuun Mythic" with all this runic power please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Themangemort View Post
    Hello,

I wanted to know how "Hãns" can begin the fight "Zakuun Mythic" with all this runic power please ?
    Reset the boss and use Empower Rune Weapon + Army while doing so. Those cooldowns will reset, once the boss does, and the respawn timer is only 25s. If you manage to gain 100 RP during the resetting of the boss, then you'll end up with 75 RP by the time he respawns. Using Army again prior to actually pulling + dropping a DnD will put you at ~100 RP.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

Anyone knows why this is happening when simming multitarget stat weights? Why is haste higher valued than Multistrike and Crit?
    Using heroic RH + mythic socket UeH.

What fight style / number of enemies do you guys use for simming multi target?