Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Try using PL in the sim Zuke.

    Replace the talent line at the top of each profile with
    talents=222311
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  2. #142
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,989
    Fight like Dark Shaman

    Worth switching back/forth every ~15 seconds to keep up razorice stacks on both? Assuming both are tanked together and you can OFC.

  3. #143
    How much mastery needed for a frost dk(DW) until cap ?
    Sorry for bad english.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Fight like Dark Shaman

    Worth switching back/forth every ~15 seconds to keep up razorice stacks on both? Assuming both are tanked together and you can OFC.
    Yes, if you are with 2+ targets that live a long time, and there isn't a priority target on either one, it's worth keeping up RI on both.

    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    How much mastery needed for a frost dk(DW) until cap ?
    Sorry for bad english.
    There is no mastery cap. You want as much as you can get.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  5. #145
    I'm currently playing 2H frost. I have a ilvl of around 520 and I'm in the progress of switching stats from haste (5.3) to crit (5.4) as the strongest stat. Every sim and guide says crit is the strongest stat these days for 2H (frost and unholy alike) and even my own sims confirm that. However, I have the feeling I have quite a few empty globals now, since most of my haste is gone. Would it make sense to get a decent amount of haste first end reforge/gem for crit after that? If it has any impact, I'm using RC (personal preference) instead of the other tier 5 talents.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    I'm currently playing 2H frost. I have a ilvl of around 520 and I'm in the progress of switching stats from haste (5.3) to crit (5.4) as the strongest stat. Every sim and guide says crit is the strongest stat these days for 2H (frost and unholy alike) and even my own sims confirm that. However, I have the feeling I have quite a few empty globals now, since most of my haste is gone. Would it make sense to get a decent amount of haste first end reforge/gem for crit after that? If it has any impact, I'm using RC (personal preference) instead of the other tier 5 talents.
    Haste is a fickle stat, and it's value jumps around a lot depending on your own particular setup. If you're getting haste at 5.3 and crit at 5.4, then they are a lot closer for you than they are for most people. My advice to you is to recheck your stats weights after you change around your gemming/reforging

    Now, while you could do this by constantly regemming/reforging and importing your new build into simC, that is expensive and takes a long time. Luckily, there is a better way. You may have noticed that, below your simC profile is a set of lines. I'll give you the ones for my profile.

    # Gear Summary
    # gear_strength=20000
    # gear_agility=80
    # gear_stamina=39521
    # gear_intellect=80
    # gear_spirit=80
    # gear_expertise_rating=2206
    # gear_hit_rating=2550
    # gear_crit_rating=21000
    # gear_haste_rating=11000
    # gear_mastery_rating=10000
    # gear_armor=41770
    # meta_gem=capacitive_primal
    # tier16_2pc_melee=1
    # hands=gauntlets_of_cyclopean_dread,heroic=1,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii
    # main_hand=xalatoh_desecrated_image_of_gorehowl,heroic=1,elite=1,weapon=axe2h_3.60speed_261 24min_39188max,enchant=rune_of_the_fallen_crusader

    These lines are a summary of your current stats from gear. If you take the 4 important ones, and remove the #(which comments it out and makes the sim ignore it), you have easy access to edit your stats. Like so:

    gear_strength=20000
    gear_crit_rating=22000
    gear_haste_rating=12000
    gear_mastery_rating=10000


    You can add haste, and take away crit, or vice versa, and see what your stat weights would become.


    Also worth noting that PL has a huge effect on haste, namely decreasing it. Those who choose not to use PL will see a higher value for haste, and it makes sense that you would want some haste.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  7. #147
    Ah, thanks for the excellent explanation, Mendenbarr! That would probably explain it anyway, I am not using PL since it's too much of a chore for me to use and on my level of play every additional button just slows me down/produces worse results.

    Yeah, I know of the fickleness (is that even a word? o_O) of haste, but I only recently switched back to my DK after a long time as ranged DPS, I never saw quite that much impact so far. I'll play around in simcraft a bit, thanks a lot for your advice!

  8. #148
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    surrounded by corn fields
    Posts
    283
    Mendenbarr, Looking at that string I see you have the glove tinker. Mind if I ask how you would deal with the Evil eye causing that and Pillar not to line up? Been looking everywhere for a straight answer

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Mendenbarr, Looking at that string I see you have the glove tinker. Mind if I ask how you would deal with the Evil eye causing that and Pillar not to line up? Been looking everywhere for a straight answer

    More uptime is better than them lining up. Use both pillar and gloves on CD, unless you need it for a specific burn phase.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  10. #150
    So I'm currently setup like this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urdos/advanced

    And I got a normal Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful tonight because nobody else wanted it.

    I just NOW got used and comfortable with dual-wield, but simcraft seems to think even in AOE using the hammer for DW Frost is superior; is it worth entirely regemming and reforging my gear if I'm going to go back DW Frost anyways as soon as I get my 4-set?
    Vampire Zombie Werewolf

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    So I'm currently setup like this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urdos/advanced

    And I got a normal Gar'tok, Strength of the Faithful tonight because nobody else wanted it.

    I just NOW got used and comfortable with dual-wield, but simcraft seems to think even in AOE using the hammer for DW Frost is superior; is it worth entirely regemming and reforging my gear if I'm going to go back DW Frost anyways as soon as I get my 4-set?
    4-set is equally strong for DW and 2H.
    I believe you should play what you prefer, and that you'll have the best results with whatever you play the best. If you plan on going back to DW frost, and you're enjoying it and getting better with it, it seems silly to me to swap for a short period of time. On the other hand, if you like 2H frost better, you should consider swapping and staying 2H.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  12. #152
    Hey Menden was wondering if the old Meta gem would be better than the Legendary one considering we have a trinket that amps Crit DMG and the fact that we are going Crit heavy this tier ?

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by arzee View Post
    Hey Menden was wondering if the old Meta gem would be better than the Legendary one considering we have a trinket that amps Crit DMG and the fact that we are going Crit heavy this tier ?
    New one is just awesome, check lightning strike, it's anywhere from a 2-5% of your damage. Amp is nice, but not nice enough to justify it. Maybe, MAYBE for something silly like 30+ target sustained AE, but I'm going to be recommending the legendary meta for all practical purposes.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  14. #154
    Sorry if it has been answered here or in another thread, I wouldn't know:
    Question: Anybody knows the best Blood DK DPS Rotation in an Environment where you do nothing for survivel?
    a) Without Vengeance
    b) with very high Vengeance

    Thank you in advance for your answers
    Capitalism, Ho!

  15. #155
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,160
    Hi guys. Yesterday I did a ToT run and got a 526ilvl 1H axe. I have a 1H sword from flexi 540ilvl and a I have a 2h Axe ilvl 544 from Flex. My question is: Is it worth going DW with my 540 sword and amy 526 axe? I will be able to upgrade them aswell.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry if it has been answered here or in another thread, I wouldn't know:
    Question: Anybody knows the best Blood DK DPS Rotation in an Environment where you do nothing for survivel?
    a) Without Vengeance
    b) with very high Vengeance

    Thank you in advance for your answers
    Try the blood resources at:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5-4-DK-Tanking

    and

    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130560-...e_before_cool/

    If you can't find your answer anywhere there, ask in the blood thread on mmoc.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  17. #157
    Mechagnome Aerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Maelstrom EU
    Posts
    670
    I think I missed something in the patch notes. According to icy-veins and askmrrobot I shouldn't be reforging into haste anymore but in the stat priority below. I couldn't quickly find the reason why haste lost value for 2h and 1h frost dk's, can someone point me in the right direction or give me an answer?

    Stat priority for Two-Handed play style:

    Strength;
    Expertise Rating (until 7.5%);
    Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
    Critical Strike Rating;
    Mastery Rating;
    Haste Rating.
    source icy-veins
    Last edited by Aerr; 2013-10-02 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added source

    Run, rabbit run.
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.



  18. #158
    Because of the new AMS glyph reducing time in between each soak resulting into more RP from it and the new plague leech now giving 2 runes instead of 1.

  19. #159
    Q: Why did haste become so bad?
    A: There were several factors that reduce haste's value for 5.4:

    1. Haste no longer scales with rppm trinkets/zandy.
    2. RC bug removed from the game, stopping it from multiplying with haste to further make the trinket uptime go down.
    3. The new PL generates 2 runes every 25 seconds instead of 1, and is basically free if managed right. These extra free runes make haste less necessary to GCD cap.
    5. The new AMS glyph reduces the average CD on AMS, allowing you to get more runic from it.
    6. The new CD trinket does the same thing.
    7. The amp trinket means you need less haste to achieve the same rune regen effect.
    8. The T-16-2set, if haste is your highest stat, leads to pushing you above the GCD capped threshold.

    Most of these factors do not yet affect people. Even the PL/trinket change alone is enough to drop haste down a bit, and perhaps below crit. Best way to find out if it affects you is to sim yourself.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

  20. #160
    Mechagnome Aerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Maelstrom EU
    Posts
    670
    Thank you.
    Q: So no matter where your at in progress, having a dk alt or not even raiding at all, haste has the lowest value?

    Run, rabbit run.
    Dig that hole, forget the sun,
    And when at last the work is done
    Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •