1. #1

    Strats for Unholy on Ko'ragh (and specifically mythic)?

    Hi all. We are starting mythic Ko'ragh now and I was wondering...what is the general strategy for an unholy dk in this fight? In the past I would just go frost for heroic mode for the physical damage and just not even care abot DPS, but on mythic it is not an option anymore. I see most people spec NP+UB for this. So should my goal be to prolong duration of plague on boss at the start then bloodboil once adds come out to spread them? And is NP what's making it possible to do 40k on this? Thanks!

  2. #2
    NP automatically spreads to the adds no need to bloodboil

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by breadwinka View Post
    NP automatically spreads to the adds no need to bloodboil
    so basically just proceed with single-target DPS on Ko'ragh, let adds take NP, and profit?

  4. #4
    If you check out the DK PoV thread there's a fair number of Unholy DK kill video's there for Ko'ragh in mythic.
    My practice was taking UB/NP and keeping NP on without letting it ever fall off (we needed a bit more physical and this kinda helped). I would switch to dumping death runes into SS once his shield was down however.
    Maxweii
    <Vintage> on US-Mal'Ganis
    1/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry 6/7 Mythic Highmaul
    Visit us here

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    If you check out the DK PoV thread there's a fair number of Unholy DK kill video's there for Ko'ragh in mythic.
    My practice was taking UB/NP and keeping NP on without letting it ever fall off (we needed a bit more physical and this kinda helped). I would switch to dumping death runes into SS once his shield was down however.
    thanks for the advice guys. It looks like I may have been overthinking the process. I will focus on keeping the plague on the boss as close to 100% of the time as possible and then simply let the adds take it up as they pass by. I'll see how that goes. Thanks!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    thanks for the advice guys. It looks like I may have been overthinking the process. I will focus on keeping the plague on the boss as close to 100% of the time as possible and then simply let the adds take it up as they pass by. I'll see how that goes. Thanks!
    The adds spawn directly from the boss which is why you dont need to worry about spreading NP to them as they pass. They pick up the disease as they are born which makes it even simpler than you thought.

  7. #7
    I logged 31 last night on world of logs Koragh and I never left him as target. Just try to have as high uptime on him as possible without dying from any felflame or fire on the ground and you will do fine and ofcourse keep NP up and restack with blight
    Last edited by Regazozo; 2015-02-23 at 09:33 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Regazozo View Post
    I logged 31 last night on world of logs Koragh and I never left him as target. Just try to have as high uptime on him as possible without dying from any felflame or fire on the ground and you will do fine and ofcourse keep NP up and restack with blight
    There's a difference between ranking and doing a fight correctly, since the OP is just starting on him, he should be switching to the MC's unless otherwise noted. Not leaving the boss at all is certainly an easy way to rank here though
    Maxweii
    <Vintage> on US-Mal'Ganis
    1/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry 6/7 Mythic Highmaul
    Visit us here

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    There's a difference between ranking and doing a fight correctly, since the OP is just starting on him, he should be switching to the MC's unless otherwise noted. Not leaving the boss at all is certainly an easy way to rank here though
    True, but I just feel the chance of having DKs on breaking MC duty is not maybe that high since you want to have pure physical damage players on them, or atleast we did.

    Oh well :P

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Regazozo View Post
    True, but I just feel the chance of having DKs on breaking MC duty is not maybe that high since you want to have pure physical damage players on them, or atleast we did.

    Oh well :P
    It's more for interupts, keep em interupted until say a warrior or rogue can get over and beat em around. Also if you're Unholy and you just use FS on them compared to dumping SS's in, you do a "decent" amount of physical by the time said other raid member gets over.
    Maxweii
    <Vintage> on US-Mal'Ganis
    1/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry 6/7 Mythic Highmaul
    Visit us here

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It's more for interupts, keep em interupted until say a warrior or rogue can get over and beat em around. Also if you're Unholy and you just use FS on them compared to dumping SS's in, you do a "decent" amount of physical by the time said other raid member gets over.
    Alright, guess I did the fight "incorrectly" then. Sorry sire...

  12. #12
    oh yes I will indeed be helping with interrupts. but then I guess I would go straight back to boss and continue right?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    oh yes I will indeed be helping with interrupts. but then I guess I would go straight back to boss and continue right?
    Yeah if you are on interrupt duty, swap interrupt MCs, and as Maxweii pointed out, use FS (physical) and then swap back to Koragh. Probably wont be messing with your damage that much anyway. Great talent to have here is Deaths Advance (third tier), so you can activate the short movement speed boost to get to your MC target quicker and reducing the DPS loss.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Regazozo View Post
    Great talent to have here is Deaths Advance (third tier), so you can activate the short movement speed boost to get to your MC target quicker and reducing the DPS loss.
    Death grip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •