Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hi what is best Runeforge for solo Lich King as Blood and get max DPS?
    Is it Lichbane?
    Fallen Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    Is it worth upgrading my iLevel 530 T15 legs to iLevel 548 non-tier legs if it'll break my 2P T15? Or is the 2P bonus a bigger DPS gain than the increased stats from the 548?
    As a rule of thumb I'd say the 2-set is a bigger bonus, but it would be close and you'd need to sim it to be sure. Check out http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...tioncraft.html for my guide on how to get started with simC

Quote Originally Posted by Davola View Post
    Hello again!

Just want to ask about these stat weights that I have just got from simming this char..
    Sounds like you've put a lot of thought and effort into this, good job! Your first 2 results are very close, tier16_2pc_melee=0 is the correct override to turn off the 2-set, but make sure it doesn't have a # in front of it, that comments out the line and makes the sim ignore it. Other than that it sounds like you're doing a great job of manipulating stats.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    As a rule of thumb I'd say the 2-set is a bigger bonus, but it would be close and you'd need to sim it to be sure. Check out http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...tioncraft.html for my guide on how to get started with simC
    Just want to thanks your for that guide you wrote
    Impressive and had given me some more deep insight into simc!
    Thanks.

Deleted
    At the moment I'm playing 2handed(finally a get something new weapon to replace the 2 lfr iron qon swords), and I don't known why 2handed need crit instead of haste. Last i played 2handed was in 5.1 and there haste is the best for there. It's a little confusing. Why crit is the best stat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    At the moment I'm playing 2handed(finally a get something new weapon to replace the 2 lfr iron qon swords), and I don't known why 2handed need crit instead of haste. Last i played 2handed was in 5.1 and there haste is the best for there. It's a little confusing. Why crit is the best stat?
    Read the previous page there is a nice post that Mend has wrote about haste.

Haste has been altered, so it is now 2hfrost weakest stat (at higher gear levels), but if look at my post above you will see that haste is still somewhat valuable and, for me, it stops being better than mastery at around 6600 haste/7800 mastery (guesstimated from my post above).

Now, I'm not entirely sure on this next part, but I'm thinking that 1:1.2 is the ratio of haste to mastery that I will try and stay at as I increase in ilevel. Time will tell!

Haste being bad is answered on the front page, I'm not sure that there is a particular ratio for 2H frost to obtain. Well, there IS a ratio, but it's not worth worrying about. 2H frost should always have haste as the lowest stat, if you're using PL, and have it drop off in value at around 10-7k haste, if you're using UB/RB.

Deleted
    Sorry in advance, for I have no idea which page of which thread I should look for this information and I don't habitually browse this forum.

But given equal weapons and two pieces of t16; which of 2h frost, DW frost and unholy puts out the best (theoretical, I guess) DPS around ~535ivl? I have Thok's trinket and Evil Eye, if that is relevant.

Deleted
    Equal skill? DW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I have 4set Tier 15. (502 iLvl, LFR basically) I have a Flex non-tier Helm and Ordos Shoulder piece, is it worth breaking 4set? Or will it be a DPS loss? I'm Unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    Thank you.
    Q: So no matter where your at in progress, having a dk alt or not even raiding at all, haste has the lowest value?
    First question - As far as im aware that happens only when u get (galakras+thok trinket)+(Plague leech+AMS glyph), if u dont have those its still mastery>haste>crit for DW and haste>crit>mastery for 2h frost right or i have outdated info?

Second qustion(not sure if this is the right place tho) - Where/What in SimC i have to change before simming my char to display that AMS absorb lets say 200k dmg every 35 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    First question - As far as im aware that happens only when u get (galakras+thok trinket)+(Plague leech+AMS glyph), if u dont have those its still mastery>haste>crit for DW and haste>crit>mastery for 2h frost right or i have outdated info?

Second qustion(not sure if this is the right place tho) - Where/What in SimC i have to change before simming my char to display that AMS absorb lets say 200k dmg every 35 sec?

Nope, DW at any ilevel and 2H frost with any gear and PL wants to avoid haste.

See the line under auto attack?
    actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=100000

You want to change that to

actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=200000,interval=35

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post

See the line under auto attack?
    actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=100000

You want to change that to

actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=200000,interval=35
    Thanks for the info, but for some reason my SimC bugs when i change that. Anyway i think the info it shows is enough accurate.

I got another question now
    Yesterday i got the trinket from Paragons and after the raid i went to try it out. I equped it, reforged according to it and i just checked in Askmrrobot how much dp sincrease it is realtive to my current gear. It showed me that it is 14k dps increase (2 times upgraded) to my second trinket that was the shadow-pan rep one. It also showed it is with 5k dps better than the trinket from Thok. For what i know Amp and cd red trinkets are BiS for DW frost? or i am (again) with outdated info

armory link - battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Nathanial/advanced

Amp and CD are BiS, I was unaware AMR had trinket rankings, but if they are saying that the crit trinket beats amp/CD, they are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMR's BiS lists have always been pretty bad. There reforge/optimization tools are actually pretty good with personal stat weights, if you know when they aren't. Because sometimes they do wonky things that you need to keep an eye out for.

Howdy,

After playing frost for the majority of the xpac, I decided to make the switch to unholy after 5.4 hit. For the most part, it's fine, but I have a couple of concerns.

Armory link: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Vordhosbn/advanced

(I'm waiting until Thok's and/or a better weapon before I commit to crit or mastery gemming)

The first is about haste. I was running roughly 25% crit, ~3000 haste rating, and the rest was dumped in to mastery (I believe it was at ~8000 before I stacked more haste). I found myself spending a lot of time waiting for runes to come back up, thus a lot of downtime. To counter this, I tried to boost haste, but it didn't really make much of a difference. 3000 rating to 8000 rating (before raid buffs and 2pc) was....~.50s faster rune regeneration? Somewhere around there. In a raid the extra haste was only mildly noticeable. Is unholy simply one of those specs where I am going to be spending a lot of time waiting?

I've simmed the character many times, with variations of haste, mastery, and crit priorities. The DPS of each variation doesn't really fluctuate too drastically, but waiting time can be pretty significant. Obviously as one stat is raised or lowered, it decreases or increases its value, so I'm not really sure if I should just aim for "a comfortable amount of haste", or just roll with the most mathematically superior build (squeeze as much dps out of simc as possible). A lot of very geared DK's I've seen tend to stack haste to around 9k or 11k, but I don't have the iLvL to do that without sacrificing a lot more crit unless I change my gemming, in which case I can comfortably hit 9000 haste and ~25% crit. But then...do I really need the haste? As mentioned, 5000 extra haste rating was nothing game-changing.

There probably isn't any solid answer to that, but any tips would be just dandy . It's all food for thought!

My second question is about Plague Leech and where it falls in to the unholy rotation. I tend to do more DPS when I've snapshotted the strongest dots, and by the time the dots are naturally expiring, outbreak is back up again due to FS. It seems detrimental to use Plague Leech on cooldown like frost does. Is PL only used when dots are <3s, for a couple of bonus runes every minute or so? Not including AoE or emergency-runes-on-demand scenarios.

Thanks for your time and expertise

Unholy is going to have waiting time, that's part of the spec right now. It should not be waiting a LOT, ballpark 10-20% at any haste level. If you hate waiting time, give DW frost a try :P
    As far as gearing goes, I suggest maxing your DPS with simC. Finding the right ratio of stats is important, and has to be done on an individual basis. http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...ity-in-54.html

You want to use PL right before you would otherwise reapply diseases. Diseases about to fall off? PL, outbreak. Trinkets up? PL outbreak to disease game.

Hello guys, need a fast answer. We have some nice discussion about trinket's strength and we kinda dont know whats better: heroic cleave trinket or heroic feather of ji-kun for unholy for SINGLE_TARGET_FIGHT (thok the blodthirsty heroic). Our dk claims that cleave trinket is better according to simcraft but I kinda can't believe that this is true. Any experienced dk can tell me the correct answer to that hard question?

HTF feather is about 2k better than HWF cleave trinket.
    http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...-about-54.html has complete dk trinket rankings.

Deleted
    Hey Mend. Could you please sim how many mobs it takes to make the cleave trinket better than the CDR one if that even happens at all? I would be most interested in HC WF levels and assume that the AMP one stays BiS in the second slot no matter what.

I think it would also be interesting for a lot of people to know how much dps we'd lose if we went full HC WF offset or 2pc set + rest HC WF offset.

PS: at least I only care about DW
    Last edited by mmoc7b9ac7750b; 2013-10-19 at 10:14 PM.

Cleave should beat equivalent ilevel CD trinket as soon as you get 2 targets.