Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    first: what?
    second: ps hits with offhand too...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    At this rate I won't be playing my dk past the first tier of next expansion, I love the class but enough is enough.
    I quit nearly 2 months ago now. Stupid as it might be I was just spending my raiding time being frustrated at my "performance" vs others in my raid.

Deleted
    What's are the statt priorities for Unholy pve ? I read lot's of about this, I saw crit>mastery>haste and nearly every kind of combinations, someone said that there is no prio just choose one and build around that statt. I checked my 2 handed frost build(which is crit>mastery>haste) in ask mr robot( doesn't my best idea ) and it's want to change the gemming but don't know why , if the statt prio are similar(if similar) . I could use some advice
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kord/advanced this is my little killing machine. (boot enchant will be changed tomorrow)
    Last edited by mmocce1a1323c7; 2014-01-07 at 10:48 PM.

crit > mastery > haste for unholy in bis
    crit and mastery are quite close (5.21 vs 4.99 at bis) so depending on your gear, mastery might be stronger. Some people like to do mastery > crit for stronger gargoyle.
    Really you can go either way and not see a huge dps difference. .22*320 = 70 dps per yellow gem which rng and better play is a much bigger factor

Deleted
    Thank you
    I'm tried a mastery build, similar to what I used for DW , and I was amazed when saw that there isn't that big difference between crit-mastery and mastery-crit.
    I'm just thinking because I'm far from BIS, maybe it will worth another try. Just it's really hard to compare the 2 because I'm not using SIMcrafts, but yeah they are nearly the same in my gear.

Never really played around much with unholy just wondering can that pet be used to tank? Can it hold aggro off you or anything? Does that pet make unholy better at soloing than frost?

The ghoul is a permanent death pact enabler and a source of a stun and interrupt.

That's all.

So my subscription to this thread decided to break 3 weeks ago, and mmoc stopped sending my emails when it got updated. Time to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    Hi Mendenbarr, I appreciate all of your theorycrafting work and wanted to ask you a question. With the HWF Evil Eye, the cooldown on AotD is reduced to 6.67 minutes, which does make it theoretically possible to use twice on some fights. Assuming the following conditions:

1. Bloodlust was used on the pull and will not be up again during the fight, so the second AoTD will not benefit from this.
    2. The second AoTD will be able to attack the boss for their full duration
    3. Just to give them the benefit of the doubt, let's say we can line up our second potion and a PoF for them after they are up. No trinket procs though. Let's just give them whatever is under our direct control.
    4. Rather than channeling AoTD, I could have used those 3 runes (let's say 2 Death and 1 Unholy) & GCDs (4 seconds to channel AoTD) to attack the boss myself.

Is it worth using AotD twice during a fight?
    Yes, army is still very high damage per rune and damage per GCD spent, and I'd still cast it unless the fight had like below 20 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    This means that there is no hope for us in WoD ? https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...98921180164096
    No hope? Celestalon merely said we have no fights to shine in this tier. If anything this means we might be seeing more fights where we CAN shine in WoD, and DKs are just fine right now, even if we don't shine as bright as a sun.

What's are the statt priorities for Unholy pve ? I read lot's of about this, I saw crit>mastery>haste and nearly every kind of combinations, someone said that there is no prio just choose one and build around that statt. I checked my 2 handed frost build(which is crit>mastery>haste) in ask mr robot( doesn't my best idea ) and it's want to change the gemming but don't know why , if the statt prio are similar(if similar) . I could use some advice
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kord/advanced this is my little killing machine. (boot enchant will be changed tomorrow)
    Unholy stat priorities are not so much a min/max thing and more of a balance thing. You want to get all the stat weights as equal as possible, and I go further in depth in the subject at http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...ity-in-54.html

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Never really played around much with unholy just wondering can that pet be used to tank? Can it hold aggro off you or anything? Does that pet make unholy better at soloing than frost?
    Pet has some niche uses, I used it to tank the reliquary of souls before it got nerfed. He's basically just a run of the mill pet, who can hold aggro on something if you never touch it, and has about half the armor/health that you have. Limited usefulness while soloing.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Deleted
    Mendenbarr!

I will come up with the idea again:
    As for DW, due the haste inflation and the GCD lock, is it not viable to spend the runes on obliterate instead of HB only, maybe with strenght gemming?

Quote Originally Posted by kalamona View Post
    Mendenbarr!

I will come up with the idea again:
    As for DW, due the haste inflation and the GCD lock, is it not viable to spend the runes on obliterate instead of HB only, maybe with strenght gemming?
    Even taking the double rune cost into account, you're dealing with the fact that HB hits harder than oblit on it's own. While it's true that oblit procs rime, rime also takes up another GCD in our GCD locked rotation. Sims say that dropping oblit is either a downright gain, or a very small loss, and you should pretty much always be mastery gemming. To check your own toon, I have an action list for "mastersimple" at http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...mplicated.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    Even taking the double rune cost into account, you're dealing with the fact that HB hits harder than oblit on it's own. While it's true that oblit procs rime, rime also takes up another GCD in our GCD locked rotation. Sims say that dropping oblit is either a downright gain, or a very small loss, and you should pretty much always be mastery gemming. To check your own toon, I have an action list for "mastersimple" at http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...mplicated.html
    I've simmed it and I sim lower w/ mastersimple. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if that is due to my having significantly better weapons than gear when I ran that sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I've simmed it and I sim lower w/ mastersimple. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if that is due to my having significantly better weapons than gear when I ran that sim.
    I've found its only a gain at the higher levels of mastery, you're not doing anything wrong. It's a loss, albeit a small one, at lower mastery/higher weapon ilevels, but the rotation is still simpler and therefore worth considering as an option, even if it isn't a downright gain. You should be using unholy runes on oblit if mastersimple sims lower and you want to play optimally, but you NEVER want to use F/D or D/D on oblit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found its only a gain at the higher levels of mastery, you're not doing anything wrong. It's a loss, albeit a small one, at lower mastery/higher weapon ilevels, but the rotation is still simpler and therefore worth considering as an option, even if it isn't a downright gain. You should be using unholy runes on oblit if mastersimple sims lower and you want to play optimally, but you NEVER want to use F/D or D/D on oblit.
    Well this is around 576 ilvl. I've swap back and forth between the two, and generally prefer master simple.

But I DO miss 2h super obliterates.

Deleted
    I read about a balanced gemming/reforging for unholy, but i don't know how it looks like or what i must done(and don't know how it's changes with thok's tail tip). Now my unholy dk is gemmed to crit, i think that's the best for it but AMR says I must regem to mastery. So atm i really confused, with all of these things.

I read about a balanced gemming/reforging for unholy, but i don't know how it looks like or what i must done(and don't know how it's changes with thok's tail tip). Now my unholy dk is gemmed to crit, i think that's the best for it but AMR says I must regem to mastery. So atm i really confused, with all of these things.
    There is an AMR forum thread currently discussing whether or not the mastery regemming is the correct suggestion at http://forums.askmrrobot.com/index.php?topic=8142.0

You can also find my post on how to balance stat weights at http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...ity-in-54.html

Deleted
    A question. Do diseases snapshot only buffs on yourself or also on the target? Meaning if the boss takes more damage for a while, you your dots increase in damage automatically or do you need to apply them again to get benefit from it? And if you apply diseases when boss takes more damage, does it stay when the boss no longer doesnt?

Deleted
    Diseases snapshot your stats, but update dynamically with boss buffs/debuffs.

QUESTION: Considering I enjoy and am confident with both Frost DW and 2H, which, based on the weapons alone, would be a DPS increase?

Option A (DW): Heroic Xifeng i574 (mastery & hit) + Normal Siegecrafter Hammer (haste & mastery) i561 (avg i567.5)
    Option B (2H): Greatsword of Pride's Fall (crit and haste) i574

I know in some posts I've read before it was mentioned that the better weapon is usually more DPS, but at a total gear iLvl average of i566 for either choice and for how close each is and how DW is slightly ahead 2H, I wasn't sure.

Thank you very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by kleintrpt View Post
    QUESTION: Considering I enjoy and am confident with both Frost DW and 2H, which, based on the weapons alone, would be a DPS increase?

Option A (DW): Heroic Xifeng i574 (mastery & hit) + Normal Siegecrafter Hammer (haste & mastery) i561 (avg i567.5)
    Option B (2H): Greatsword of Pride's Fall (crit and haste) i574

I know in some posts I've read before it was mentioned that the better weapon is usually more DPS, but at a total gear iLvl average of i566 for either choice and for how close each is and how DW is slightly ahead 2H, I wasn't sure.

Thank you very much for your time.
    I'd say DW, if for no other reason than the free cleave it provides. However, I am biased a bit because I prefer DW, and they are very close right now.

I'd say DW, if for no other reason than the free cleave it provides. However, I am biased a bit because I prefer DW, and they are very close right now.
    Sounds good thanks for the quick response!

Last question 1) Any prior experience with Unholy and 2) In your opinion is it worth trying with the new 2H I mentioned above or perhaps should I stick to my current DW setup for SoO? (Atm 5/14H)

Thanks.

Edit: I played Unholy throughout nearly all of Cata but have been Frost since the very end. Unfortunately from the amount of players I see utilizing it and from what most say, it has been a bit of a turn off to try up until now for MoP. Would be a good 20+ gems and a reforge I'd imagine.
    Last edited by kleintrpt; 2014-02-12 at 08:43 PM.