Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valabrax View Post
    I am a super new Blood DK, and just new to playing a tank spec in general, and I'm trying to figure out the best rotation for just doing quest content. Should I just be spamming heart strike and death strike?

It gets the job done but I'm wondering if utilizing other abilities like marrowrend and blood boil would be quicker over all.

I kind of understand what to do in a dungeon environment where I want to keep up bone shield stacks and save death strike for healing, but when it comes to just trying to kill some things as fast as possible I'm not sure what to do.
    Really outside of dungeons/raids it's whatever you want as everything is dying. By your wording it seems that your not using blood boil at all? Make sure you use it even after the nerf it does quite a bit of damage and costs no runes/rp along with putting dots up.

Also, take advantage that you are a tank and you can massive group pulls. With blood boils aoe and HS/DND cleave you should be able to get a massive amount of adds and nuke them down quickly and that would be much faster than other strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Really outside of dungeons/raids it's whatever you want as everything is dying. By your wording it seems that your not using blood boil at all? Make sure you use it even after the nerf it does quite a bit of damage and costs no runes/rp along with putting dots up.

Also, take advantage that you are a tank and you can massive group pulls. With blood boils aoe and HS/DND cleave you should be able to get a massive amount of adds and nuke them down quickly and that would be much faster than other strategies.
    I have been using BB, but usually just when I pull a mob that doesn't die in a couple of heart strikes. So unless I'm doing some solo fights where I need to tank is it usually not worth spending the runes on Marrowrend?

Quote Originally Posted by Valabrax View Post
    I have been using BB, but usually just when I pull a mob that doesn't die in a couple of heart strikes. So unless I'm doing some solo fights where I need to tank is it usually not worth spending the runes on Marrowrend?
    For leveling it's really whatever you want, as long as things are dying and your not, it's all good.

Marrowrend will give you some more survivability via boneshield and some haste/rp reduction on death strike (if your talented) but outside of that it will do less damage than Heart Strike spam, so might not be worth it if you don't need the survivability gain.

Does Scourge of Worlds not have any notification when it's active like Sudden Death does or did I mess something up with my UI?
    Last edited by atro22; 2016-09-01 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atro22 View Post
    Does Scourge of Worlds not have any notification when it's active like Sudden Death does or did I mess something up with my UI?
    Debuff with same picture shows up on enemy when you target it. It doesn't proc much and has a small uptime, so probably test it out once more.

Also, tidey plates doesn't show it, a little confusing I guess it is easy to set up

Deleted
    Is the castigator build ( crit>=haste ) better than the CS build ( haste>mastery) for mythic dungeons ( and mythic + ) as of now? Ι'm more curious about mythic + where adds become much more stronger .

Hi, I decided to go with Enhancement for Legion, but now that I've played it for a bit, I'm finding it boring because I feel like I wait around for Stormbringer procs all the time, a bit like how MOP 2h Frost was sitting around waiting for Killing Machine procs. It's a big turn off for me since I don't like being being bound by RNG.

I'm considering Unholy instead via 100 boost (Devs really seemed to have their shit together for DKs in Legion), but first I was wondering how big a deal the random Festering Wounds generation is? I'm more concerned with whether it feels bad not getting many, than whether or not it actually matters in the end (i.e. that it evens out over a fight).

Is there a pre-raid BiS gear guide? I would love to see what these are so i can craft some things and replace those drops :P

hey guys, question : why does my corpse shield + pet defences macro does not work?
    #showtooltip Corpse Shield
    /cast Dark Transformation
    /cast Huddle
    /cast Protective Bile
    /cast Corpse Shield

it just casts corpse shield, tho my other macro (burst) works just fine - few /cast skills in that macro, few /use items.
    My mind has left, my body follows

Does anyone have any insight on which Neck Enchant we should be using? Wowhead guide says Distant Army, Icy Veins says Mark of the Claw, and Ask Mr Robot is saying Hidden Satyr.

Is it worth it to continue pursuing Frost? I keep hoping they're going to buff it to bring is somewhere near Unholy, or even Blood, but the Frozen Pulse change isn't promising. I only ask because with the way artifacts are, I don't want to waste months pouring work in to getting my Frost artifact high-leveled when it'll always be Unholy's 'not-as-handsome' little brother.

And please don't tell me to play what I like. I like to win, and do good. I just want a realistic view on the viability of Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyclaris View Post
    Is it worth it to continue pursuing Frost? I keep hoping they're going to buff it to bring is somewhere near Unholy, or even Blood, but the Frozen Pulse change isn't promising. I only ask because with the way artifacts are, I don't want to waste months pouring work in to getting my Frost artifact high-leveled when it'll always be Unholy's 'not-as-handsome' little brother.

And please don't tell me to play what I like. I like to win, and do good. I just want a realistic view on the viability of Frost.
    It's going to be worse than unholy unless something major changes, they have hinted strongly at doing a balancing patch the week after heroic raids release (so the week of mythic) this may or may not buff frost.

Quote from watcher on the situation
    "In the long run, our tuning goal is simply for everyone to feel that they can play the class and specialization they prefer. There will of course be areas of strength and weakness, and some specs will thrive in certain situations while lagging behind in others, but those gaps should not preclude viability. We’ll continue to look at available data and player feedback and make adjustments until that is the case, but that process will not begin until next week. Thank you for your patience."

So, even though you asked us not to, play what you want. You can "win" and "do good" as both specs.

What is the stat priority for blood DK now? I hear it's haste/mastery, still correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    What is the stat priority for blood DK now? I hear it's haste/mastery, still correct?
    The most common builds are something like:
    Str > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Vers

I think mastery is a bit undervalued atm and is closer to equal with crit. Either way something like this will give you a good balance of survivability and damage.

EDIT:
    After looking at more discussion and seeing that a lot of guides completely replaced the stat weights they have listed here is a more updated version:
    Haste > (vers, survability, crit, damage) > Mastery

I've seen a few variations with str plugged in at various points, I'll leave the other build up just to show I'm bad or something.
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2016-09-18 at 07:09 AM.

Are there any proper stat breakdowns from sims for UH? As in, str = 1, crit = 0.84 etc (random).

Im trying to decide between multiple items, and sim for some reason is glitching out on my pc atm :/

1073 strength 882 mastery trinket VS 898 crit and 49.600 dmg cleave proc trinket (835 resilient heart of the forest vs 840 mark of dargrul). The crit is very juicy for my castigator spec, but im not very fond of losing 1k str. Then again, Discordant Chorus was pretty damn good in WOD, this looks like a different version of it (sans str)?

1238 str 915 crit 322 versatility pants VS 1182 str 871 crit 386 haste pants (845 portalguard legplates vs 840 wracksoul legplates). Less str and less crit on the low ilvl ones, but they have haste instead of versatility. They also have 539 leech. Depending on how the stat ranking is, might be an upgrade.

And a few others as well. Does anyone know the stat sim results atm?
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Are there any proper stat breakdowns from sims for UH? As in, str = 1, crit = 0.84 etc (random).

Im trying to decide between multiple items, and sim for some reason is glitching out on my pc atm :/

1073 strength 882 mastery trinket VS 898 crit and 49.600 dmg cleave proc trinket (835 resilient heart of the forest vs 840 mark of dargrul). The crit is very juicy for my castigator spec, but im not very fond of losing 1k str. Then again, Discordant Chorus was pretty damn good in WOD, this looks like a different version of it (sans str)?

1238 str 915 crit 322 versatility pants VS 1182 str 871 crit 386 haste pants (845 portalguard legplates vs 840 wracksoul legplates). Less str and less crit on the low ilvl ones, but they have haste instead of versatility. They also have 539 leech. Depending on how the stat ranking is, might be an upgrade.

And a few others as well. Does anyone know the stat sim results atm?
    What I've been seeing is something like this:
    Strength(9.63) > Critical Strike(7.88) > Haste(7.31) > Versatility(7.07) > Mastery(6.64)

This is for pure ST, but I'm still a bit hesitant on these numbers, seeing vers so high feels odd to me at least.

Here is also a link to a googledoc with all trinkets simmed out (at least from dungeons, world quest trinkets will not be listed and raid ones are still be calcuated) Here is also a link to a googledoc with all trinkets simmed out (at least from dungeons, world quest trinkets will not be listed and raid ones are still be calcuated)

This is also the source for the stat weights above (I've seen similar from my own test and from other sites though) so take it all with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    can anyone show my a BiS trinket list from current dungeons to Unholy dk ? I have currenty equiped resilient hearth of the forest with Crit stats and Terrorbound nexus. Both item is 845 ilvl, and i don't really know should I go to some mythic to try and change them or these are good, for raid start.

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    can anyone show my a BiS trinket list from current dungeons to Unholy dk ? I have currenty equiped resilient hearth of the forest with Crit stats and Terrorbound nexus. Both item is 845 ilvl, and i don't really know should I go to some mythic to try and change them or these are good, for raid start.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=166430616 (dung)

and

http://i.imgur.com/ioq49fY.png (raids)

Seeing some mixed answers on Blood tanking stat priorities. After haste, some guides point to crit and others to mastery/vers. Not sure if others can provide more input.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I wonder if anyone has tested Marfisi's Giant Censer and how it does with a high crit Castigator build.

I can't link it, but it increases crit damage by 15% for 10 seconds at ilvl 850, along with +1233 strength.