Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Seeing some mixed answers on Blood tanking stat priorities. After haste, some guides point to crit and others to mastery/vers. Not sure if others can provide more input.
    I've also been looking through it quite a bit, best I could find is this:
    DPS Focus
    Strength 7.0 > Crit 4.0 > Haste 3.6 > Vers 3.2 > Mastery 2.8

Survival Focus
    Haste 3.5 > Vers 2.8 > Mastery 2.4 > Crit 2.2 > Strength 1.5

I've seen a lot of discussion on it and I'm still not entirely sure if this is correct but should give you some idea.

I'll personally will be going for a more balance approach so something like:
    Strength > Haste > Crit = Vers > Mastery

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been quite unsure about blood stat weights aswell, most online sources disagree about what to do and my in-game experience is that all the stats are actually pretty useful.
    Most sources seem to say either "Haste>Crit>..." or "Haste>Mastery>...", but one other source (Mr Robot's "show me BiS gear" function) goes in a completely different direction and just slams shit-tons of versatility onto every gear slot (including enchanting for vers) while keeping a medium amount of mastery and dropping all haste and crit. Is that one website just not very trustworthy in their stat suggestions or is that actually a valid train of thought aswell?

Does someone have some more specific insight? Because unlike some other specs, this isn't quite as obvious to me - as I said above no stat seems like an obvious "da best" stat (see crit for fire mages) or obviously useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

So I've started to tank on my DK and been trying some mythics. I feel very up and down in health. I don't have any gold traits so maybe one of those fixes it but is there something I may be missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    I've been quite unsure about blood stat weights aswell, most online sources disagree about what to do and my in-game experience is that all the stats are actually pretty useful.
    Most sources seem to say either "Haste>Crit>..." or "Haste>Mastery>...", but one other source (Mr Robot's "show me BiS gear" function) goes in a completely different direction and just slams shit-tons of versatility onto every gear slot (including enchanting for vers) while keeping a medium amount of mastery and dropping all haste and crit. Is that one website just not very trustworthy in their stat suggestions or is that actually a valid train of thought aswell?

Does someone have some more specific insight? Because unlike some other specs, this isn't quite as obvious to me - as I said above no stat seems like an obvious "da best" stat (see crit for fire mages) or obviously useless.
    Talking about stat weights as a tank is always bizarre. DPS are clearly trying to maximise... well, DPS. What exactly are you trying to maximise as a tank?

Versatility is probably the the best secondary stat if all you care about is minimising damage taken throughout the course of a set-length encounter - but since versatility always provides flat damage mitigation on every instance where you take damage. Haste, on the other hand, translates into not only more mitigation via Marrowrend and DS, but also provides you with a greater degree of control over when that mitigation kicks in. Many people will likely prefer haste over versatility for those reasons, even if haste is technically weaker for pure damage minimisation.

Crit is by far the best DPS secondary but it's also the weakest secondary for damage mitigation (even accounting for the parry bonus and Skeletal Shattering, which, frankly, is a pretty awful trait). Mastery isn't great from either a DPS or mitigation perspective - you'd probably prefer one of the other stats, though it's not so terrible that you'd avoid it at all costs.

So if you're looking for a balanced set of weights, I'd say go for Haste > Crit > Vers > Mastery. If you lean more to the defensive side, switch vers and crit around.
    Last edited by Demeisen; 2016-09-19 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    I'm looking for some tips regarding talent choices on the different bosses of Emerald Nightmare raid.

For a pure single target encounter Bursting Sores + Pestilent Pustules + Castigator + Shadow Infusion + Soul reaper is what I guess will be used?
    I have seen a few people recommending the All Will Serve + PP + Unholy Frenzy + Necrosis build for single target, but I do not have the gear for that.

I also wonder on bosses with Cleave 2-3 targets mainly what build would be recommended?
    And on a fight with multiple targets like Cenarius will Bursting Sores be stronger over all?

Quote Originally Posted by gustav View Post
    I'm looking for some tips regarding talent choices on the different bosses of Emerald Nightmare raid.

For a pure single target encounter Bursting Sores + Pestilent Pustules + Castigator + Shadow Infusion + Soul reaper is what I guess will be used?
    I have seen a few people recommending the All Will Serve + PP + Unholy Frenzy + Necrosis build for single target, but I do not have the gear for that.

I also wonder on bosses with Cleave 2-3 targets mainly what build would be recommended?
    And on a fight with multiple targets like Cenarius will Bursting Sores be stronger over all?
    ST Talents Most seem to suggest something like:
    • All will server - PP - Belch - yolo - SF - SR
    You can replace shadow infusion for necrosis if you feel comfortable playing that. It is simming higher but makes the rotation "clunky" it is harder to play.

for the second build you list, I imagine that is with the Legendary bracers.

As for cleave:
    • Bursting - PP or Epidemic - Belch - Yolo - SF - SR

It depends on how the adds really come out and whatnot and how much st focus you need. The more targets there are the strongest Epidemic becomes really becoming worth it at 3+. As for multi target fights, BS will be very strong and is currently out pacing ebon fever.

Quote Originally Posted by gustav View Post
    I've seen this also and it appears to be related to the legendary bracers. Things (talent wise) are unfolding in an interesting way. Tons of variance out there.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    In unholy is theer any haste/crit cap, and which one is more important ?

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    In unholy is theer any haste/crit cap, and which one is more important ?
    There are soft caps, these are the ones for the castigator build.

If I'm in my opener, and I get 6 stacks of Festering Wound from my 1-2 first FS (castigator), should I use another FS to quickly get to 8 for Apocalypse, or should I do a SS and then another FS so I don't waste as many potential wounds?

Deleted
    is there a similar ranking for blood dk trinkets? what trinkets would be the best choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Beingbob View Post
    If I'm in my opener, and I get 6 stacks of Festering Wound from my 1-2 first FS (castigator), should I use another FS to quickly get to 8 for Apocalypse, or should I do a SS and then another FS so I don't waste as many potential wounds?
    This would delay your SR/Apoc by quite a bit, so I'd say a soft no?

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    I've also been looking through it quite a bit, best I could find is this:
    DPS Focus
    Strength 7.0 > Crit 4.0 > Haste 3.6 > Vers 3.2 > Mastery 2.8

Survival Focus
    Haste 3.5 > Vers 2.8 > Mastery 2.4 > Crit 2.2 > Strength 1.5

I've seen a lot of discussion on it and I'm still not entirely sure if this is correct but should give you some idea.

I'll personally will be going for a more balance approach so something like:
    Strength > Haste > Crit = Vers > Mastery
    Hmm, hearing nothing but crap about the mastery stat. Feeling very spiky as a tank atm when running mythics, mitigation feels like a challenge.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

On DK Blood
    Fallen Crusader vs Stoneskin Gargoyle
    I'm wondering about the Dps vs Survivability that the current rune forging options gives.
    What are you currently using and why.

Deleted
    Ok simple question. These buffs on frost makes it equal or better to unholy, or what actually they mean to the 2 dps ?

Deleted
    Ok simple question. These buffs on frost makes it equal or better to unholy, or what actually they mean to the 2 dps ?
    I'm alos curious to this, I will just save all the AP I get from now on untill wednesday and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by silk7396 View Post
    On DK Blood
    Fallen Crusader vs Stoneskin Gargoyle
    I'm wondering about the Dps vs Survivability that the current rune forging options gives.
    What are you currently using and why.
    I'm currently using Fallen Crusader.

Reasons:
    • Heals a decent amount (5-7% of healing)
    • Boosts damage on abilites that "leech" like HS/BP
    • Stam is meh
    Logs to show some numbers, not the greatest performance by me but should give you some idea.

- - - Updated - - -

From the chatter on the DK discord from various people the general consensus at this time is that Unholy WILL be better on ST, and they both will have close AoE/Cleave capabilities, with unholy having the advantage on spread. This really just puts them closer in line and means that you can really play what you want.

About the leg shoulder:

Should i stop using army on pull and go with it on combat to benefit from the buff? Like start the fight popping wounds / sr / apocalypse / army / garg and DT so all of them get the benift?

Also, should i delay apocalypse to use it together with the DT so they can always get the buff or it isnt worth it?

Quick question: with this shoulder i should probably not go with Infected Claws and always go Shadow Infusion to try and always have it up for apocalypse correct?

Whats the verdict with BS vs AWS on pure single target? Was reading through some posts here saying BS>AWS on pure ST after you hit like 32% crit. Has anyone bothered to test it yet? Im running with 40% crit right now and been taking AWS. Looking at logs on ursoc, im seeing quite a bit of dks pick BS (And IC but not as often as BS...)

Deleted
    So which trinkets are BiS for unholy ?

Would say Spontaneous Appendages and Nature's Call ?
    Got the bracers so mastery should be important for me with uf.
    Last edited by mmocd34bec8955; 2016-09-27 at 12:39 AM.