Deleted

Help me with a motherboard!

First things first, please treat me as if I'm a massive PC upgrade noob, I don't do this often.

So it's upgrade time soon and I've already tracked down the CPU and GPU I will be getting.

I will be switching from AMD to Intel and I want to know what to do about my motherboard. I am going to be going for an intel i5 3570k along with an Nvidia GTX 660 TI. Both within my price range, and after looking at reviews I'm posotive that I will be getting those 2 pieces of hardware.

So, atm I'm using a Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3. As far as I know, it's a board mostly designed for AMD processors so I guess I can't use it with intel? I've seen conflicting info so I'd like some clarification there.

But yeah, mostly I just want to see some motherboard reccomendations baring in mind the hardware I've chosen. Any help appreciated, thanks.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is the cheap everyman class board for that processor. It's not the best there is, but it has incredible amount of features for the price.

Intel will come out with new processor supposedly next monday so buying that i5-3570k is not that great idea as it'll get replaced with either i5-4670k or i5-4570k or whatever the name is...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    a board mostly designed for AMD processors so I guess I can't use it with intel? I've seen conflicting info so I'd like some clarification there.
    Each CPU as a socket. If you are using a AMD CPU, you can't use an Intel CPU because the socket don't matchs, its like lego blocks: AMD use one kind of blocks and intel uses another one. For a i5-3570k, the socket is called LGA 1155, so you need to find a motherboard with that specification.

Like vesseblah said, new intel processors will be coming next monday, so I recommand you to wait, and don't get an i5-3570k, but and i5-4670k (I think its 4670k)

I have read somewhere that it was cheaper than the current i5-3570k (approx 20$) , but it may not be true, its still rumor and I read this a long time ago.
    My first build:
    Storage: Kingston SSD Now V200+ 120G and WD Caviar Blue HDD 500 G
    Processing Units: i5-3570k @ 3.8 Ghz cooled by 212 Evo and MSI Twin Frozr 3, R7850 @ 900, 1200
    Mobo, Ram, PSU Gigabyte Z77-D3H and G.Skill ripjaw 2x 4G with XFX 550w
    If I am unreadable, its not because I hate grammar, its because Im french-canadian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is the cheap everyman class board for that processor. It's not the best there is, but it has incredible amount of features for the price.

Intel will come out with new processor supposedly next monday so buying that i5-3570k is not that great idea as it'll get replaced with either i5-4670k or i5-4570k or whatever the name is...
    Ah didn't know that! thanks for the speedy reply, I will definately look into one of the new processors if they are a good price