Extending lockouts with only one toon (Solo Raid Content)

I'm solo'ing H LK 25 on my paladin, and I'm kind of annoyed at having to clear ICC every week. Is there a way I can extend the lock out so I only have to do LK each week?

I don't have 2 accounts, and don't want to use guildies for it, since they need to be on when I want to do it. Is it at all possible?

For ICC it should work (didn't work for BC content for me)..
    Clear up to LK on your alt. Ask someone to inv your main to the same group as your alt, get in on your main, accept save and kill LK.
    Next week extend lockout on your alt and then ask for inv, accept save.. rinse and repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Clear up to LK on your alt. Ask someone to inv your main to the same group as your alt, get in on your main, accept save and kill LK.
    Next week extend lockout on your alt and then ask for inv, accept save.. rinse and repeat.
    I tried the same with BT some time ago, wanted to keep pre-Illidan save. But after killing Illidan, my other char (on whom I kept save for extension) also got him flagged as being killed in his RaidID, even though he wasn't even in group when I was killing Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I tried the same with BT some time ago, wanted to keep pre-Illidan save. But after killing Illidan, my other char (on whom I kept save for extension) also got him flagged as being killed in his RaidID, even though he wasn't even in group when I was killing Illidan.
    ICC has a heroic mode and Black Temple does not. I imagine this is why you are experiencing a difference.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    ICC has a heroic mode and Black Temple does not. I imagine this is why you are experiencing a difference.
    I didn't try with ICC, however I have experience also with Cata raids. When during Cata we took one person who had to sit out in other raid group and killed only 2 bosses in BWD. Zoning inside BWD with that person greeted us with "6/6 Accept?", as that other raid group has cleared BWD.

And hc modes had it even worse, because if you had 2hc/6 clared, you could only take unsaved people or people who killed those 2hc bosses with you. There were no official changes in lockouts' system after that, so I doubt that hc mode of ICC will be different. Normal ICC might work however. Oh, and hence those times, blue posts avoid to call this system as "flexible" lockouts (they were promoted as flexible lol), and simply call them "shared".

I believe the "new raid lockout system" was implemented starting with ICC, which explains why it works there and not BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I tired the same with BT, didn't work. But AFAIK it does for Wrath/Cata/Mop content. I know Mione was keeping Arthas/Al'Akir lockout when she was working on soloing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Are you killing LK each week or are you just working on the solo attempt? Each heroic lockout is unique. Once that specific lockout ID is cleared, it's cleared for all those saved to it. If you are in fact killing him, then you will have to clear it every week. If he is alive, then you can extend the lock out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    Are you killing LK each week or are you just working on the solo attempt? Each heroic lockout is unique. Once that specific lockout ID is cleared, it's cleared for all those saved to it. If you are in fact killing him, then you will have to clear it every week. If he is alive, then you can extend the lock out.
    You can generate a new heroic lockout every week by having an alt clear 11/12 normal mode, group up with someone and leave the dungeon, log onto your main and join the group then enter the dungeon. You'll now be in 11/12 normal mode, just change to heroic inside and the heroic lockout is generated at this point (your alt won't be saved since you left). Kill LK heroic and next week just do the same with the alt who'll still be saved to 11/12

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    You can generate a new heroic lockout every week by having an alt clear 11/12 normal mode, group up with someone and leave the dungeon, log onto your main and join the group then enter the dungeon. You'll now be in 11/12 normal mode, just change to heroic inside and the heroic lockout is generated at this point (your alt won't be saved since you left). Kill LK heroic and next week just do the same with the alt who'll still be saved to 11/12
    don't you need to have killed all bosses on heroic in the same lockout before you can do heroic LK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    don't you need to have killed all bosses on heroic in the same lockout before you can do heroic LK?
    That was changed a loooong time ago.