10+ Year Old Account

Razorgrin - Virtually Impossible for Warrior

Posted this on official forums. Posting here for additional information I may recieve.

I need some serious insight on Brawler challenge boss Razorgrin. The fight essentially works like this: get into melee range = instant death from his "Bite" attack. In order to kill this boss, you have to utilize ranged attacks and burn ~5 mil health within the two minute berserk. Every single class can manage to do this, including melee dps classes such as Rogue and Enhance Shaman. Warriors? Not a chance. Why? Let me tell you.

Heroic Throw
    Shattering Throw
    Stormbolt
    Shockwave
    Bladestorm
    Thunder Clap
    Heroic Leap
    Whirlwind
    Throw

The above list consists of all of the moves (hope I didn't miss any) that have some sort of ranged aspect to it. Now, is it possible to deal ~5 mil damage with these moves in under two minutes, noting that all of them boast rage requirements and/or lengthy cooldowns aside from Throw which does absolutely pathetic damage.

What do you guys think of this? Is there some sort of unforeseen strategy with this boss to prevent him from one-shotting you? He bites right through Die by the Sword. There's literally nothing in our grand arsenal of abilities that allow us to kite and kill Razorgrin. What am I missing?

Thanks for any potential insight.

Deleted
    I'll ask our guild Warrior who managed to do this and get back to you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can Bite be parried?
    If it can be parried, go for Glyph of Die by the Sword, charge, Die by the Sword, burn it and hope for Wild Strikes procc. 5 Million is less than you think with everything up.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-05-29 at 12:00 AM.

Use that sacrificial dagger as soon as you enter.

Wait for whoever is next in-line to kill their fight.

Profit.

Yes, this is an exploit, but I think Razorgrin is not a fight that warriors can do atm (most likely because something is missing from the fight that Blizzard left out).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Use that sacrificial dagger as soon as you enter.

Wait for whoever is next in-line to kill their fight.

Profit.

Yes, this is an exploit, but I think Razorgrin is not a fight that warriors can do atm (most likely because something is missing from the fight that Blizzard left out).
    Does this work on every boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Can Bite be parried?
    If it can be parried, go for Glyph of Die by the Sword, charge, Die by the Sword, burn it and hope for Wild Strikes procc. 5 Million is less than you think with everything up.
    That's exactly what I did but he bites through Die by the Sword as I stated. I thought I would be able to do enough damage during the duration but it can't be done.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i didn´t fish the questiitem yet, but I have some assumptions. Ever checked if he is one of those... I need to stand to channel bite mobs? Like the stunning adds in Mogu Shan palace? Does he perhaps have a greater hitbox than he has range? Read up on him on wowhead, but aside from paladins and Enhancers nobody stated something interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    i didn´t fish the questiitem yet, but I have some assumptions. Ever checked if he is one of those... I need to stand to channel bite mobs? Like the stunning adds in Mogu Shan palace? Does he perhaps have a greater hitbox than he has range? Read up on him on wowhead, but aside from paladins and Enhancers nobody stated something interesting.
    He doesn't channel it. He just does it. His hitbox is not greater than his range.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well fuck this then. sounds awful, And I thought the hardest thing about this will be to find out something about that blindfold thingy.

Please, send a ticket.
    Send many tickets.
    This shit needs to be fixed.

(Yeah, I know, it doesn't NEED to be fixed, it's just an optional fight. Still, it just a big middle finger to a whole classe for no reason.)