Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Indie Bundle!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Great collection in this one. Only thing I would pass on personally is Dear Esther because it's not really a game.

Pay more than the average and get Hotline Miami and Proteus, and you get to not be *that* douche who thinks 7 games are worth $1 even when it's for charity.

Cross-platform, DRM free, with steam keys if required.

[To mods, sorry if this isn't in the right section or if there's already a thread about it. Didn't spot one though]
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-05-29 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For hotline miami you have to pay over the ammount shown in the webpage, would definately pay the 6 bucks, a fucking deal out of it taking into account I have no money due to college !

I love the Humble Bundle so much. Been looking to pick up Hotline Miami, Proteus and Dear Esther for some time now. Awesomenauts and Thomas was Alone are a great side-bonus too (finding Thomas was Alone to be an awesome game so far).

Deleted
    As Op said, not sure why dear ester is in there since it's imo not a game. Have only played awesomenauts and capzized as of yet and both games are good, especially awesomenauts.

Picked it up for 6$ because I'm a greedy bastard

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    As Op said, not sure why dear ester is in there since it's imo not a game. Have only played awesomenauts and capzized as of yet and both games are good, especially awesomenauts.

Picked it up for 6$ because I'm a greedy bastard
    It's about as much of a game as many of the modern release, and it's far more interesting.

Yes, the player absolutely lacks agency and there isn't (to my knowledge) any real "fail" states, but that doesn't mean that it's not an interactive game.

Deleted
    Great deal, got all the ones I want myself but I bought a pack for a friend. Hotline Miami is worth the price alone.. although I'll never complete it, way too hard for my skills.

Deleted
    Dear Ester might not be a 'game' to many people (same with proteus), but Dear Ester is an extremely heartmoving experience that everyone should play in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth it for Awesomenauts alone.
    I might pick it up myself for all the other stuff and the Clunk Skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's about as much of a game as many of the modern release, and it's far more interesting.

Yes, the player absolutely lacks agency and there isn't (to my knowledge) any real "fail" states, but that doesn't mean that it's not an interactive game.
    Dear ester is a virtual promenade, a gallery of ideas mediated by walking. Thats my opinion anyway.

I guess you wouldn't call a series of pictures which you scroll through by using the arrow keys a game either. I'm not saying it's not interesting however it does not qualify as a game. Not to me in any case.

Also "far more interesting" is your opinion, I thought it was interesting but not anything special that I would recomend to other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to be that "douche" and pay a buck but the average is up to 5.69 at the time of this post. I dislike most indie games, so I won't be paying that. On that note I also dislike paying $60.00 for up to standard games and don't do that either. Call me cheap, I guess.

Hotline Miami alone is worth the average price. I grabbed this bundle instantly.

Picked this bundle up myself, quite a few games there I hadn't gotten around to purchasing for once. Also, I recommend this site to anyone interested in indie game bundles in general:

http://www.indiegamebundles.com/

Deleted
    Thanks for the link

Been playing Guild Wars and Warframe most of the day but had a quick go on Awesomenauts earlier, pretty cool. I also grabbed the Alan Wake weekly bundle. Already owned and finished it on console but I wanted it on Steam :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it against their ToS to share keys? I can't recall. I've already got Aweseomanuts so I was planning on giving it away.

Maybe I'm just making stuff up or misinterpreting something.

Bought that instantly.
    Worth it just for awesomenaughts.

The Humble Bundles have been incredible lately. I buy them out of obligation at this point -- I certainly don't have time to play all these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Isn't it against their ToS to share keys? I can't recall. I've already got Aweseomanuts so I was planning on giving it away.

Maybe I'm just making stuff up or misinterpreting something.
    You are completely allowed to gift your key(s) to someone else, it's the same as buying a steam key on steam. They email the keys to you and what you do with them after that is upto you.

if i buy the indie bundle will i get steam keys for all seperate games because i already own awesomenauts and i want to give that key to a friend?

Is it possible to buy this from the UK, or for pounds instead of dollars? The only option seems to be paying in dollars? I really want to get this (mostly just for Dear Esther admittedly) but doesn't seem to be an option to do it in pounds?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Dear Ester might not be a 'game' to many people (same with proteus), but Dear Ester is an extremely heartmoving experience that everyone should play in my opinion.
    The only entertaining thing about Dear Ester is the Total Biscuit review of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--LmQrsD6b0