Poll: Which would you prefer?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Given that my computer is towards the lower end of the system requirements, then new races would hold more interest.

Deleted
    So for the sake of discussion, any 2 races I want the most are the ones we get? So that means we get naga and dryads/keepers by what I want, so I'll have to chose races, I can live with the old models a few more years

15+ Year Old Account
    only if it means remodeled female Worgen. their model is very horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Both, we shouldn't even need to choose
    ^ my thoughts exactly, on their budget and income we should be getting new races every 6 months.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Vanilla race redo. Frankly, there's no need for more races, we have plenty. Most people also have at least one of every class in game, again, making more races useless. If they create more races, it's essentially a money grab, counting on people to change races and therefore make money off of players who race change. Sure, they could just level up another character, but that gets extremely boring after the 12th time, especially for something cosmetic only.
    I have one of every class and every race (horde i'll never play ally) new races would give me reason to roll more alts, which YES i still do, I have 2 alt warlocks I'm working on because I'd rather level an alt of a new race than to race change.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Revamp the current ones for the love of all things wow. We don't need crap naga and terrible lore to explain them joining sworn enemies (anything that you can come up to stuff the naga into Alliance OR Horde one could make a better explanation for the Horde and Alliance coming together), or crap arakkoa (wtf seriously? use the trinket if you want to play an obnoxious bird-thing), etc. etc. We need our beloved classic races (and BC ones) not merely brought up to par with the fit and finish of Pandaren but exceeding them as one would expect from a new expansion release. We don't need furbolgs and naga being playable.
    Yes we do, if you want to keep some people here and bring new players. Not everyone has to like every race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would support that Blizzard redo older models only if it includes all models, not just the classic races. In other words, the blood elves, draenei, worgen and goblins also need an update (a smaller update, no doubt) since for example the two last races can not be monks because of the technical limitations that currently exist.

Now, since Blizzard is set to update the models (among which are the blood elves and night elves ones) it would not cost much more work to Blizzard to make an unique model for the High Elves, and incidentally, to update the Ogres models, thus we would have double benefit: all playable races with new models and other two well known races would pass to be as new playable races with new models too.

In any case, what Blizzard is proposed, will come true.

Definitely a revamp, I might actually roll a male Alliance toon once they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to cure my human of his breadstick fingers before they go making any new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Adding more races all the time is not a good idea. Lore wise it doesn't make sense and takes away the original alliance/horde feeling.
    This is a good point. I think the game is heading towards a saturation point in terms of races. Goblins and Worgwns? Fine. Pandaren? Cool. Now we're talking High Elves ( a carbon copy of Blood Elves) and Naga? That's when I feel we just need to stop and work with what we have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Just to make this a bit easier, the 2 new races could be whatever you want them to be.

So which would you prefer for the next WoW expansion? Revamping the old races, or creating 2 brand new races?
    New models for vanilla races, easily. Actually, they should've done this ages ago since WoW already has too many races.

Worgen and Draenei for example are already very hard to work into the rest of the story. There are simply too many races now. I'd rather see new models for existing races than even more races which serve no purpose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Now, since Blizzard is set to update the models (among which are the blood elves and night elves ones) it would not cost much more work to Blizzard to make an unique model for the High Elves, and incidentally, to update the Ogres models, thus we would have double benefit: all playable races with new models and other two well known races would pass to be as new playable races with new models too.
    I still find making different models for high and blood elves just to make high elves playble very iffy. They haven't been seperated long enough to warran't any noticable differences imo. Unless they turn the blood elves into the drug addicts in their starting zone. Which won't happen because horde needs his pwettie!1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is a good point. I think the game is heading towards a saturation point in terms of races. Goblins and Worgwns? Fine. Pandaren? Cool. Now we're talking High Elves ( a carbon copy of Blood Elves) and Naga? That's when I feel we just need to stop and work with what we have.
    They should've stopped the races with Cataclysm. Worgen and Pandas are already too much. Goblins work due to them being in WC2 though, heck even adding Ogres would still work. But the Alliance equivalents don't fit WoW. Draenei, Worgen and Pandas could be deleted from the game for all I care.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would we have to choose, they have infinity money and resources, such low expectations for the number 1 subscription based MMO in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymei View Post
    Why would we have to choose, they have infinity money and resources, such low expectations for the number 1 subscription based MMO in the world.
    This thread was partly made in response to another thread where the poster was saying that new races add more to the longevity of the game than old model revamps. I just don't see how that could be a true statement, since the first thing people see when they log into the game is that hideous Human race model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I still find making different models for high and blood elves just to make high elves playble very iffy. They haven't been seperated long enough to warran't any noticable differences imo. Unless they turn the blood elves into the drug addicts in their starting zone. Which won't happen because horde needs his pwettie!1
    Aren't the Blood Elves meant to be more skinny and stuff? Like, as if they are emaciated from the arcane withdrawl?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Revamp but I do like getting 2 new races.

Two new races. I just know that I will dislike the changes to my existing characters looks when they change them. I really dislike what they've done to Jaina and Tyrande. Tyrande looks like a freaking hooker.

There are however some things I really think they should update. The hair... most hair styles don't look like hair - more like Play-Doh or whatever it's called.
    I wouldn't mind if they updated the male orc mouth. I wouldn't mind more diversity like giving female trolls two more "pretty faces".

new races would be cool, I always played max zoom and couldn't really see that much model detail anyways

Deleted
    Updated Vanilla models, please. The factions don't need another pair of races added to the lore, only to then fade into obscurity while all the plot revolves around humans, orcs, blood elves and Forsaken.

Deleted
    new models would bring back some flavor to wow,also add other stuff like guilds halls & Housing like instance for each char to have like a trophy room of each boss they killeed or weapon they have or armour same goes for guild,they could implement this to buy stuff online like 10 euros for an armor and weapon holder and stuff....Plus more Hair styles and color + scars and tattoos/ marking also an armor colorer would be nice like to be unique in some way.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Who seriously wants even more races? o.O