Pesci kitchen questions.

I've recently started adding more fish to my diet, both as an effort to lean things down and get more Omega-3's in my system. I've noticed that since I'm now getting more Omega-3's in my diet I've actually felt like superman compared to before. I especially love how quickly a fish fillet can be cooked up, and how it feels filling for longer.

But here is what always kills every dietary motion I try: I have a ridiculously fickle palette. And because I've grown up with (and thus have far more experience cooking) fattier meats like pork and beef I always end up going back to the same high sodium high fat solutions in order to keep my taste buds entertained. And the higher cost of fish over land animals also has me a little gun-shy about blind culinary experimentation.

So I have a couple of questions for all the fish lovers health nuts alike out there;

#1. How much fish is too much? (i.e. assuming a 21 meal week, how many of them at most should fish be the protein source?) Obviously I want to keep my fish cooking skills in check, but I don't want to give myself mercury poisoning. (I know this one is probably a better question for google, but I'm just looking for a ballpark number)

#2. What are some good fish/herb and spice combinations to try out? (I've tried rosemary and garlic so far on Haddock and Salmon with delightful results).

#3. What are some healthy sides that palette well with fish? Rice is the obvious one, but a man can only eat so much rice before he gets sick of it. (They also need to be calorie positive sides, since I need enough energy to get through 10 hours of moderate to hard physical labour on work days without turning to the snack machine.

#4. Sauces that go well with fish? I'd experiment but pound per pound fish is a lot pricier than my usual meats.

#5. So far I've been a coward and pan fried all my fish, any tips if I ever decide to brave the BBQ?

(And I ask all of this here and not a cooking website because taste is a highly subjective experience, and I figure peers would be a better asking point).

TLDR-^- (the title) DO U C WOT I DID THAR?

Well for fish it depends what kind since some types have more mercury then others but the general ball park would be 2-3 times a week should be good anymore and the mercury factor comes into play.