Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Nope. Most likely it'll work like this.

August/September - 5.4

November - Expansion V revealed

December/Janurary - Beta begins

Janurary/February - 5.5 patch, no raid, just additional content to tie MoP into Expansion V

April/May - 6.0 released.

May/June - Expansion V released

---------- Post added 2013-06-28 at 01:13 PM ----------

Titan isn't WoW2, it's not Universe of Starcraft, it's not Realms of Diablo.

IT IS A TOTALLY NEW GAME.

Dokh... I 100% agree with you. I see the rumor mill has already started on this, and the same old stuff is being said about "Blizzard will NOT release during summer... Blizz has to wait so long after announcement.... Blizz will wait until Christmas of 2014 to release... etc etc"

Didn't the release cycle of MoP prove ANYTHING to people that Blizzard does NOT have to follow a script on all things.

But I do think that your time estimate is realistic considering two things... MoP Patch release cycle and the fact that there are multiple teams working on different aspects of WoW, not ALL of them are working on the patches. Some are working on next expansion, some are working on artwork and models.... etc. So the next expansion is already in development and has been for some time.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    MoP Patch release cycle and the fact that there are multiple teams working on different aspects of WoW, not ALL of them are working on the patches. Some are working on next expansion, some are working on artwork and models.... etc. So the next expansion is already in development and has been for some time.
    The fact that they have so much of the Titan team back in the fold for the next WoW expansion means 2 things:

First, the patch cycle will be faster and more predictable. We have already seen this with the timetables of all of the patches this expansion. They have been delivering on the promise of faster content this time around, while giving far better and more varied content in comparison to Cata.

Secondly, the final tier WILL NOT last 8+ months like we have seen previously. They have already mentioned that they are humming along on the next expansion. We will not see another beta cycle like we did for MoP. I expect to see beta run approximately 4 months this time around.

All of this adds up to an expansion announcement before BlizzCon. I would expect to either see a beta announcement or at the very least, a somewhat polished playable demo at Blizzcon. We will see an announcement on the new character models that will be rolled out with the lead-in patch for the upcoming expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll see WoW 6.0 announced at Blizzcon, MAYBE Diablo 3 Expansion #1.

TITAN will be absent since it *JUST* got slapped on the RESET button.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Yeah given the timing I would expect an announcement of some kind at Blizzcon, however it will be a long time between then and actual release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ariakan View Post
    Okay, let's sum up some facts:

1. The next expansion should've be announced by now by all marketing strategies and Blizzard's usual need for aiming holiday markets.
    2. Since WoW has started to grow old and not to lure so many new players recent years, they have to be at least planning WoW2 or whatever you want to call it.
    3. They have announced they will tell more about Titan MMO this year.
    4. The most obvious way to keep hype not peak too early is to say "It is NOT WoW 2" (remember GW2 and all the jersey secrecy? well, this is the same, excep for Blizz).
    5. Announcing WoW2 and next expansion would cut purchases from the expansion.

--> Blizzard will announce Titan MMO is WoW2, hence there is no need to create an expansion but to start creating a hype this year. I mean, what would they have said? "Yes, we are working on Titan, se super secret project. And it will be WoW related."? Not likely. This strategy will give them time to develop in privacy, and create quite a magnificent surprise.

Logical?
    You're a little out of date on two key points, one is that Titan is not only not WoW2, it isn't related to any existing Blizzard franchise - it was intended to be a new franchise.

Point two is that Titan has been put on the backburner and resources diverted elsewhere. Read: scrapped for now. You won't be hearing more about it for... a while. A long while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the next Expac landing on store shelves at the end of Summer 2014

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    It is you who don't understand the way it works. Blizzcon isn't marketing, it's a fan service. Any news they can get out from Blizzcon to the world, they can do just as well on any other day of the year. The world press watches Blizzard constantly, and a game announcement would be front page news everywhere regardless if it's Blizzcon or not.

The fact that they traditionally announce a lot of games there has simply been a convenience, and an extra treat to the show's visitors and viewers. If they need to announce Exp V elsewhere, they will, and everyone will know about it within hours.

MoP press conference wasn't the announcement. It was just extra information for marketing in the magazines and the website articles. A week between announcement and beta isn't gonna happen, buddy.
    Just plain wrong. Blizzcon is as much for marketing as it is for "Fans." The two are not mutually exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    I see the next Expac landing on store shelves at the end of Summer 2014
    and have another 9+ Months of an end of a story arch.. No way. Not another Dragon Soul. I think the more realistic is late spring/early summer of 2014.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 07:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Just plain wrong. Blizzcon is as much for marketing as it is for "Fans." The two are not mutually exclusive.
    That is exactly why Blizzcon has partner vendors up the yingyang peddling their goods from booths all over. Blizzcon is for the fans to gather, yes... but.... What better place to market to your target demographic at the same time!!!!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Way I see it we'll have a few months of 5.3, then at least 6 months of 5.4 - which puts next expansion early 2014 sometime. November is about right for an announcement.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 06:38 AM ----------

Seriously doubt it.

Does nobody else remember the long ends to all the previous expansions?
    They stated they didn't want to do huge gaps in content like Cata and the end of.... There are a plethora of articles and interviews about it.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    I also think that any good accountant would realize that just because something worked once, doesn't guarantee it would work again.

But I can totally tell you, I would sign up for an annual pass or 6-month pass if it gave the expansion for free and I liked the look of the theme/content. Of course, I'm also a player that has and plans to play for a while longer.
    Yup - that's all Blizz needs to do is to make an expansion that shows a bunch of demons running around - and half of the BC crowd will be screaming "YAY! Burning Crusade is coming back and I get it for FREE" and would buy that subscription RIGHT away. They'd even go so far as to say "I'm voting with my money showing them I want BC back!"

Then, when they discover that it's only BC-graphics (Demons, Infernals, ect) but still the same gameplay design and off-writing of Cata/Pandaria, they'll scream bloody murder wanting to cancel their subscriptions.

:P

I'm hoping the expansion will come sooner than the two years that Blizzard has traditionally done. I know a lot of people complained about the long stretches of content at the end of Wrath and Cata (nothing but ICC for a long time in Wrath and nothing but DS for a long time in Cata burned out a lot of players), so I'd imagine Blizzard probably won't want to repeat that.

Also, I can't quote it (and may be mistaken / confusing it with something else), but I think I can vaguely remember that one of the Blizzard developers posted something about how they never intended to release Sunwell in TBC but ended up doing it because people cleared Black Temple and got bored a lot faster than they planned.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-01 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'm hoping the expansion will come sooner than the two years that Blizzard has traditionally done. I know a lot of people complained about the long stretches of content at the end of Wrath and Cata (nothing but ICC for a long time in Wrath and nothing but DS for a long time in Cata burned out a lot of players), so I'd imagine Blizzard probably won't want to repeat that.
    They've been saying for awhile now they want to do expansions every 18 months instead of every 24. The problem is just getting the work done in time. They are certainly aiming for a March - May release for this next expansion (18-20 months), but anyone who has been around Blizzard long enough knows there is a strong possibility it will be delayed beyond that.

A 5.5 patch is a possible indicator they don't expect to have the expansion done on time. The might do a 5.5 regardless, but are much more likely to skip it if they think they can have their next expansion out close to the end of March.

and have another 9+ Months of an end of a story arch.. No way. Not another Dragon Soul. I think the more realistic is late spring/early summer of 2014.
    I'm sure they want to avoid that. I doubt they wanted ICC to last 12 months or DS to last 9+, but it happens. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see SoO last 8+ months before new content arrives. Hopefully not, but it's Blizzard... it's 100% possible.

Honestly, I'm willing to bet that closed beta is either under way right now or will be starting really soon. I'm thinking they'll do a longer internal alpha/beta test to reduce the length of the open beta test to help keep their timeline on schedule.

I'd also be very surprised if they announced anything about their 3 major titles at anything other than Blizzcon. Yes, it's a great service to provided a dedicated convention for your fans but, as others have said, it is also the BEST way to hype your titles/IPs as it will be packed to the brim with your core demographic and the hype generated by anything that is announced their is pretty hard to replicate anywhere else (especially since it's usually paired with a demo of some sort) I do think they'll start the open beta test no more than one or two weeks after Blizzcon. I also reckon that we might see a 5.5 filler patch around December/January.

Also, Titan is a brand-new IP as Blizzard has stated many times. Yes, they hit the reset button, but I doubt the amount of money they've invested in trademarks, copyrights and other legal things would be worth totally backtracking and changing what the setting is. The reset is probably more of a graphics/gameplay overhaul and then a story/world/lore overhaul.

I'm praying for another Legion expansion, hopefully with Sargeras in it. Sargeras will most likely be the end of WoW, though.