Thoughts on Blood DK haste tanking?

Stat priority is hit to cap, expertise hard cap, as much haste as possible with reforges and gems. After that, straight crit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't see many blood dks that do this, but I got a buddy in a 11/13H guild that runs this and he absolutely demolishes the damage meters on nearly every fight.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/s26jz3kcdtcq62yy/ Logs for this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Onzay/simple

Armory.

What're your thoughts on this?

I personally wouldn't go as far as using crit over mastery but yeah it's definitely doable.

Deleted
    You judge a tank from the damage meter?

They are ourgearing content so who cares? He could go full spirit and it wouldn't matter anyway.

Deleted
    It's perfectly viable for every 10-man heroic fight. You'll take more damage and be more at risk of dying to burst but if you time your cooldowns correctly and you have good healers it's not that difficult to pull off.

If you're feeling really brave you can use a priority of crit > haste > mastery and end up doing 20% of your raid's damage on each fight, like so: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/79464/rankings/players/. Hard capping expertise is a total waste as it only affects Heart Strike and Soul Reaper which make up maybe 10% of your overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Hard capping expertise is a total waste as it only affects Heart Strike and Soul Reaper which make up maybe 10% of your overall damage.
    Not to say it would change the outcome, but doesn't also affect melee swings? Which would put it at more like 25%.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Not to say it would change the outcome, but doesn't also affect melee swings? Which would put it at more like 25%.
    Whoops, that too, though only when actively tanking and you can't attack from behind. It's still only around ~20-25% of your damage in a situation where you have 100% uptime so not enough to warrant it.
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2013-05-29 at 11:39 AM.

I currently run haste > mastery > crit on most fights, some I reforge crit > mastery if survivability is 0 issue (ie. jinrokh). With the haste > mastery build you push out considerably more damage and my healers have told me that my dmg intake is not considerably higher. As some ppl previously mentioned I'd only advocate doing this in 10 man content. Good way to kill bosses faster and get some nice ranks, also if you are really brave u can make a /sit macro for some extra vengeance at certain points. Wouldn't recommend sitting though until you are comfortable with the build

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteout View Post
    I currently run haste > mastery > crit on most fights, some I reforge crit > mastery if survivability is 0 issue (ie. jinrokh). With the haste > mastery build you push out considerably more damage and my healers have told me that my dmg intake is not considerably higher. As some ppl previously mentioned I'd only advocate doing this in 10 man content. Good way to kill bosses faster and get some nice ranks, also if you are really brave u can make a /sit macro for some extra vengeance at certain points. Wouldn't recommend sitting though until you are comfortable with the build
    Except vengeance is based on unmitigated damage. You don't get crit when you sit down anymore, you just can't dodge/parry etc. So there's a zero increase to vengeance from doing this.

You do get crit when sitting... that's why it is so popular these days, and it increases vengeance because you are taking more damage than if you were tanking normaly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarles View Post
    Except vengeance is based on unmitigated damage. You don't get crit when you sit down anymore, you just can't dodge/parry etc. So there's a zero increase to vengeance from doing this.
    Unmitigated damage means the amount of damage that you take before all of your damage reduction is applied. As you take double damage from melee hits while sitting you are taking twice as much damage, ergo, more vengeance.

Check my damage taken from melee hits here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8.../#tab-dmgspell, 4 crits.
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2013-05-29 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspark View Post
    You do get crit when sitting... that's why it is so popular these days, and it increases vengeance because you are taking more damage than if you were tanking normaly.
    Wow, I could have sworn they removed that mechanic. Well, then I retract my statement.