Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    We have officially skipped spring in the Netherlands..
    I'm pretty sure the British Isles have skipped Summer and Autumn too.

12C at the end of May is not OK.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    It isn't too shabby in Denmark right now. Clear blue sky, around 20C and according to the forecast for the next few days it'll be 25-ish, yay \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Houston has been getting up to the 90s (33C or so) this week. I was hoping for a mild summer, but I'm thinking we're going to be in the 105F/40C range here before too long.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Houston has been getting up to the 90s (33C or so) this week. I was hoping for a mild summer, but I'm thinking we're going to be in the 105F/40C range here before too long.
    Do you get the nasty humidity there during the summer in Houston like Louisiana does since you're right near the water? I've only been to Houston in the Winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Do you get the nasty humidity there during the summer in Houston like Louisiana does since you're right near the water? I've only been to Houston in the Winter.
    Yes, it gets bad. It's worse in Galveston, but Houston proper gets pretty damn humid. It doesn't take much time outside to sweat all the way through your undershirt to your overshirt. Some summers it ends up thunderstorming every single day.

My first summer living here was hell after having grown up in San Jose, CA.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

meanwhile, i am cooking eggs on my black car under the 46c sun -.-

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    This. I hate it when people bitch about the cold. I've walked around in a T-shirt all winter long. Colder than normal? Yes. Crappy weather? Sure. Cold? Nah, not really.

Give me some of your sun, though, OP.
    Yeah, people complain when they're uncomfortable. Go figure.

Everyone has different tolerance levels for cold and heat. Stop being an asshole. You're staff, be professional for god sakes.

It's a bit strange to see people bitching about temperatures that are lower than room temperature being too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    ... That's too warm. At 25c it's getting too warm.
    QFT, and I hate the sun coming up earlier, let me sleep for god sake! Only want a warm sun when sunbathing...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    For the Americans, it is in Celsius so don't get confused.
    Honestly I thought it was Celsius because Finland is so cold most of the time.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Give me constant ~15-20 Celsius instead of 25+. I already sweat like a pig in a sauna, don't make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's a bit strange to see people bitching about temperatures that are lower than room temperature being too hot.
    Room temperature implies temperature controlled environments. There is a pretty decent sized range for what people across the world consider to be room temperature.

Room temperature implies temperature controlled environments. There is a pretty decent sized range for what people across the world consider to be room temperature.
    I think he is implying a specific temperature which for him is room temperature, but like you said it varies regionally. And damn I was to put my fist through my screen every time I see your avatar. Fuck Bob Sagat lol

Deleted
    All i want right now is more rain to be honest. It kind of dampens my allergies. So it can keep raining for another month in my opinion

Pretty sure 20 C, 68 F is "room temperature" by most common definitions.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to know the weathers good there, as I plan a trip to surprise my grandparents a visit!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Pretty sure 20 C, 68 F is "room temperature" by most common definitions.
    You are correct
    Certain things just cannot be argued. There's a huge difference between ones personal preference and a commonly regarded average for like a century or longer..

18 - 20 Celsius is considered Room temperature.
    Anyone preferring something else simply sets it to below or above.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    You get different temperatures in the sun compared to the air temperatures though... I don't think people complain so much about the air temperature but rather when they are in the scorching sunlight.

It's not uncommon that our kitchen window thermometer is showing 30C on a good day, but thats not the air temperature in the shadow, thats more like 20C.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You are correct
    Certain things just cannot be argued. There's a huge difference between ones personal preference and a commonly regarded average for like a century or longer..

18 - 20 Celsius is considered Room temperature.
    Anyone preferring something else simply sets it to below or above.
    20°C - 25°C actually, with an average of 23°C.

I think Britian should rename all its seasons seeing as they are all pretty much the same.