Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Ive been playing at around 2k rating as a rogue (from Aus on bg9) and have just recently levelled up both a hunter and spriest because I just cant handle the frustration anymore.. Vsing Tich rogues I simply can never out-sap them and ofcourse the whole running ontop of people and not being able to land an attack has done my head in. Still unsure which class I will be maining, as ive always played melee.
    Yeah I have known several aus players to get up to 2400 even in 3s but not without getting very frustrated over the American players ability to say hit them an interrupt a fraction faster than them EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Over all ranged tends to be *better* for pvp for players at 200ms or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have been playing my warlock for 5 years now PVP and I have anything between 300 -400MS in arena's and without blowing my own horn I have always got it right to kick some seriuos ass in arena and RBG, the thing is you have to learn what to expect the other class you play againts to do better than a dude with 50ms.

I Visited my aunt in Paris 2 years ago and played some arena while I was there and could not belive how easy it was to kill people hehehe with the years of training at high MS it was like I turned untouchable while I had 50ms lol wish I could play on that latency every day lol

Some things i have learned through while playing, its always best to assume that the player is actually closer to you than what you see. With high ping the delay is big enough for it to make a difference. For example i have about 200-300 ping so that's about 2-3 sec delay. I just gotta think 3 seconds ahead. Sounds easy but its frustrating at times but eh what can you do...

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Some things i have learned through while playing, its always best to assume that the player is actually closer to you than what you see. With high ping the delay is big enough for it to make a difference. For example i have about 200-300 ping so that's about 2-3 sec delay. I just gotta think 3 seconds ahead. Sounds easy but its frustrating at times but eh what can you do...
    Um 200ms = 0.2 seconds so your looking at a 0.2-0.3 second delay not including the reaction time of the person. And I find 2-3 secs is a bit excessive of a delay. I play with 200-250ms quite often here in Australia and can honestly say it's not such a big delay. Definitely noticeable once you have played <50ms but they delay itself is only small. The problem is that it can sometimes be just enough to make it hard to play melee or to catch interrupts of people with lower ping.

It isnt to bad as log as it dont get any worse

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter. Still have auto shot and pets no matter what. Something like a Mage/Priest/Lock and you'll be dancing with a pillar. Rogue, Warrior you may struggle to get close.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Vsing Tich rogues I simply can never out-sap them and ofcourse the whole running ontop of people and not being able to land an attack has done my head in.
    Chasing a fc down in a bg last night that was from Tich and appeared to be right on them but kept getting the out of range stuff. Very frustrating. Got a 90 lock and 90 shaman at the moment I'm considering switching to to main pvp.

Absolutely nothing melee and nothing with an all-important interrupt. Hell, MW monk would probably be fine at lower ratings.