Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Bachmann Won’t Seek Re-election Next Year

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/us...year.html?_r=0

Representative Michele Bachmann, the Minnesota Republican who made an ill-fated run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, announced Wednesday that she would not seek a fifth term in Congress next year.

She made the announcement just six months after being re-elected in what was her most challenging Congressional campaign since she was first elected to the House in 2006. Her announcement also comes as her former presidential campaign faces inquiries into its fund-raising activities.

“I have decided next year I will not seek a fifth Congressional term,” she said in a video on her campaign Web site. “This decision was not impacted in any way by the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign or my former presidential staff,” she added.
    Tis a good day for MN.

Thank you!!!!

She's just scared that Graves almost kicked her ass with no help from the DNC.

Also I look forward to this campaign funding thing in Iowa blossoming out soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    She'll probably become a Fox News contributor.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

what a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    She'll probably become a Fox News contributor.
    Going to run for President in 2016. I can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Going to run for President in 2016. I can't wait.
    She may have had some momentum in 2011 due to the whole Tea Party thing, but I don't think she stands a chance of even doing reasonably well in the primaries in 2016. Thank god.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed feelings. I did enjoy watching liberals seethe with rage in regards to her, but I do think it's time for her to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Mixed feelings. I did enjoy watching liberals seethe with rage in regards to her, but I do think it's time for her to move on.
    If by "seethe with rage" you mean laugh our asses off at her stupidity and her status as a flagship member of the Tea Party?

Yeah, we're seething alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I enjoyed watching conservatives seethe with rage in regards to her too.

Another teabagger bites the dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If by "seethe with rage" you mean laugh our asses off at her stupidity and her status as a flagship member of the Tea Party?

I think her insanity was more amusing than her stupidity to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account

At least the liberals I know, she's in the same pantheon as Bush, Rush, and Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I think her insanity was more amusing than her stupidity to be honest.
    I honestly don't know if she's insane or just stupid.

My friends and I were talking about making a choice between her and Palin for President, who would you pick?

I was stumped.

It's a pity. We probably could have picked off her seat if she was running next year. Between her extremism, her scandals, and her blind stupidity it would have been hard for her to keep the spot. She only kept it by 500 votes last time, and that was before all the news about bribing officials in Iowa started to trickle out.

Now we have to run against Generic Republican in a Romney +15 district.

I'll miss her. She really put a face on the logical flaws in her ideology, and had a way of bringing the stupid.

The Girl With The Faraway Eyes, as Pierce puts it.

At least the liberals I know, she's in the same pantheon as Bush, Rush, and Fox News.
    No, because she does a great job making conservatives look bad all on her own. Anyone with any sort of cognitive function would be infuriated to be associated with her in any way.

So really, as Payday said, I enjoyed watching Republicans shake their heads at her idiocy.

Deleted
    That's good news. Especially for the Republican Party. If the mainliners had any sense whatsoever, they would distance themselves from the likes of her as much as possible and start to drift towards the Centre. The type of voters who are attracted to politicians like her and Paul Ryan obviously don't carry as much electoral clout as they had bargained on and maybe now they are starting to see that. The Republican Party should market itself after Milton Friedman, not Jerry Falwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I honestly don't know if she's insane or just stupid.

My friends and I were talking about making a choice between her and Palin for President, who would you pick?

I was stumped.
    I would move if those were my options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-1...achmann-quotes

15+ Year Old Account
    See, this is why I think all conservatives, especially the tea party types, are being duped. The conservative wing of the republican party is a fucking entertainment enterprise; read their "leader's" books, their radio shows, and the "leader's" themselves. All the books says the exact same thing several times over and they each publish 2 books a year; making millions upon millions of baby-boomers for their cerebral entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I must link to Charles Pierce, because he has gotten a lot of comedic fodder from her career

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...,_Ms._Bachmann

You have to admire her ability at pre-emptive whinging, though.

Taking a shot at what she calls "the mainstream liberal media," she says she "fully" expects them to "put a detrimental spin on my decision not to seek a fifth term. ... They always seem to attempt to find a dishonest way to disparage me. But I take being the focus of their attention and disparagement as a true compliment of my public service effectiveness."

Well, all right, then, Nutsy Fagin. Who can forget the way you burst onto the national scene, stunning Chris Matthews with a bold call for a New Red Scare? Or the fact that, for a while, based on your talent for moving old white people from one place to another on buses in Iowa, you were the frontrunner for the 2012 presidential nomination of the Republicans, one of America's two actual major political parties. (This lasted approximately 25 minutes, until your post Iowa Straw Poll bump was devoured by the intellectual power of the Rick Perry juggernaut.) Let's all sing together, now. "Don't know much about history..." Or about much else, either, but that doesn't fit the meter very well. Now, though, at least she'll have time to bone up on the difference between cowboy movie stars and famous serial killers. I mean, everyone needs a hobby, right? I will some day forgive her for what she has done so callously to the blog today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...

Polling poorly against her competition...check.
    FBI has gotten involved in her campaign finance shenanigans...check.

But I'm sure her not seeking a fifth term is purely god's will and not due to either of the above.

I did hear a rumor that she might run for senate against Al Franken. Have no idea if there is any substance to that or not.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Thank you!!!!

She's just scared that Graves almost kicked her ass with no help from the DNC.

Also I look forward to this campaign funding thing in Iowa blossoming out soon.
    IMO the only reason she got elected in the first place was because of the county she was in; if she was anywhere near the city, she wouldn't have even been on the ballet.