Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not insult or attack people, no matter how you feel about them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galad View Post

Um... pwnt?

"I am Rei Shen, prease!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    2 options as far as I can see it

Option 1 / join a guild to up your experience to the level or as close as possible., even though you might very well be at a different skill level to them. This is pretty much scumbaggy imo as you will be using them to gear up and show experience on kills.

Option 2 / find a good guild who have experience and progress well above yours currently. Show them logs from the past where you kicked arse and are worthy of a spot- after all the player is farrrr better than the gear in any decent guild.

I took option 2 when I was in greens after changing to main. I linked my top10/20 ranks on various specs in the past and said I would simply do it again if they had a lil patience with me gearing up. I was accepted and lo and behold 2 months later I top dmg and have ranks 2-5 on WoL for class

It happens but you will have to be patient and show what you are doing for option 2 for it to succeed. If you don't then you probably wont have it work.
    Rankings doesn't mean shit tho, doesn't provide you With anything of value when talking about recruitment.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Judging from the content in this post i would probably say that you need to work on your social skills buddy xoxo

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is how you get into a guild is all in how you sell yourself. If you are a bit undergeared but in your app you put that you are very willing to try your best and keep mistakes to a minimum they may bring you on as a 2nd string raider and transition you to a main spot, in most cases if they bring you in as a project it will be for farm bosses. The last guild I had joined was basically that, I was a bit undergeared but I had PTR exp and I explained that I knew alot but willing to learn new stuff and do what it takes to be a cog in the machine and in 2 weeks time I was geared up and at main raider rank. Its all in how you sell yourself is how you get into a guild even if they are above your level. But once you get in you better do work.

PS wellthisescalatedquickly.jpg
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    It really sucks that Windwalker requires RoR and 4-piece to be competitive at all. Try to at least get the LFR version if you're not at N Lei Shen yet.
    Quite funny you should mention that, I've had insanely good luck with gearing up fast, except for where it counts - still no 1h weapons from LFR/normal, no RoR, and just got my 2piece tier the other day...it's going to be awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    If you are competent enough make your own pug then? To get past council you need like 5 players who aren't complete retards, if you can't find that on a medium-high server you simply aren't looking hard enough. I never claimed that a random trade pug started by mage with 3/12 and spirit gear would make it very far, I don't think most pugs on my server do either. I simply just make my own (I have a decent rep on my server, which helps to fill it up) or join people who I know are competent, I'd never join a random guy spamming trade, that's the difference. If actually putting some effort in means that I'm an elitist I suppose that's true:P.
    All of your posts in this thread are wildly ignorant and miss leading talking about how if u basically take heroic raiders and put them on low geared toons they can clear normal tot, when the thread is about people struggling to join guilds / finish runs on their mains in the first place.

On my server I make and run tot pugs on my alt, and have done so since it was 490. I get the best that is available on my server, but these players simply are frequently not capable of getting past council / tortos / meg.

Regardless of this, I wanted to pick apart this particular post because it is so easy; Council...

So lets assume you have two *excellent* for a pug healers and are two healing, thats 2 of your 5, you need two competent tanks so that the tank isn't get frozen then destroyed by frost king, that leaves you with one competent dps to handle loa spirits and push each dark power ???? good luck...

Because I'm playing a prot pally as my alt I can carry groups fairly far, but there simply isn't the talent available on most servers these days (I used to carry / lead pugs to 5/8 heroic ds when there was only a handful of guilds clearing it on my server and similar in firelands).

Deleted
    In my server we have 8 25man guilds and 35 10man guilds who have cleared ToT normal. Not many of those guilds run full guild alt runs. Usually you see those people looking for man for their raids that they run with their alts. There might be like 5 guys from same guild and others are semiwell geared and experienced alts of other players from other guilds. These "pugs" can clear like 11/12 if they have like 5hours without too many leaving for reasons like sleeping etc.. Obviously you won't get into this good pug if you haven't cleared most bosses in ToT normal since they want smooth and fast clears without having to carry bad players.

And how hard can it be to find guild, seriously? I see like 5 different guilds spamming in our General chat looking for members. If that guild is like 12/12 normal and they are looking for "Exceptionally good players" you shouldn't be too scared of that. Their progress isn't too great and for them to look supergood players since they probably aren't best players themselves is stupid. It's same thing if you are looking for job and see what the requirements are for entry level job, they might scare you, but in reality the job is way easier than it says on the job advertisement.

Deleted
    All of your posts in this thread are wildly ignorant and miss leading talking about how if u basically take heroic raiders and put them on low geared toons they can clear normal tot, when the thread is about people struggling to join guilds / finish runs on their mains in the first place.
    This is about people claiming that they are far better players than the content they have done, so I fail to see how it's misleading, unless you mean that they aren't as good as the heroic players?!?:O I've also had people on their mains, who were far from clearing tot, in my runs so I guess it's definitely possible^^.

On my server I make and run tot pugs on my alt, and have done so since it was 490. I get the best that is available on my server, but these players simply are frequently not capable of getting past council / tortos / meg.
    No you don't, you think you do. I've pugged ToT (and t14 content when it was at roughly the same difficulty) with well over 100 different people, on a medium-high server. Do you really claim there there aren't 5 or even 10 players on your server?

Regardless of this, I wanted to pick apart this particular post because it is so easy; Council...
    This'll be amusing.

So lets assume you have two *excellent* for a pug healers and are two healing, thats 2 of your 5
    One good healer and one mediocre/bad healer is all you really need for ToT (hell, most fights in ToT can essentially be solohealed) assuming that you swap in a third on one or two fights. You could also just 3 heal the entire thing, and in that case all your healers can be below average.

, you need two competent tanks so that the tank isn't get frozen then destroyed by frost king
    Both druids and monks can usually/sometimes avoid enough frigid to never even require a tank swap, and every tank can easily just pop a cd before they get frozen and it's not that much damage to get through. Considering that I'm coaching the players over voice communcation I also don't think that a tank needs to be competent to taunt frost king if I give him a heads up and tells him when to do it. By calling them "not competent" I don't mean the bottom of the lfr barrel doing 12k dps, I still expect the player to be able to follow simple voice commands, which most people who are able to read a guide (proper gemming/reforging) can do.

and, that leaves you with one competent dps to handle loa spirits and push each dark power ???? good luck...
    Any competent player (including the tank/healer) can cc the loa spirit. As an example my characters are a priest (void tendrils it), a dk (chains of ice+aoe grip) or a monk (worst off, but I can still stun the add and kite the boss away). Screaming at the dpsers to attack the loa spirit/what target to attack doesn't require any significant competence from them, and ToT normal is designed to have almost no actual dps requirements, so carrying 3+ mediocre dpsers isn't an issue.

So yeah, I guess I could do council (and most of ToT) with ~2 competent players and a bunch of mediocre players, just not really worth the effort:P. It's also nice to have some margin of error if a few players absolutely turns out to be complete shit despite your best efforts (was my co-tank and a dps/third healer in last weeks run).

Because I'm playing a prot pally as my alt I can carry groups fairly far, but there simply isn't the talent available on most servers these days (I used to carry / lead pugs to 5/8 heroic ds when there was only a handful of guilds clearing it on my server and similar in firelands).
    Oooor you just can't find them. I'm not claiming that it'd be as easy for anyone to start a 12/12 ToT pug as it is for me. I know a few friends to bring and I (and my pugs) have a decent rep on my server, however you need to start out somewhere. Assuming that you have a decent grasp of every spec in the game (this is practically required to make a good pug/be a good raidleader), try making a pug next week and only invite people who have solid gemming, reforging, talents/glyphs and at least xp from a few bosses in ToT, if you can snag one or two alts/people with good logs as well that's great. Chose an evening early in the week when you have a lot of people active and start looking early (start spamming trade at 5, aim to get the grp done by 7, expect it to start 8), it'll probably take you 2-3 hours to get a solid grp going if you don't have any friends/contacts.

Your group might not make it to Lei shen (or it does), but assuming that you followed what I said above I'm really struggling to see how you wouldn't make it to at least megaera. Next week, try again, now you'll probably have at least 1-2 competent people from last weeks run who'd like to tag along assuming that you made a good impression and okayish pugs are as rare as you say on your server. Give this a few weeks and your pugs will get a decent rep on the server, resulting in far more/better players showing interest.

---

Obviously you won't get into this good pug if you haven't cleared most bosses in ToT normal since they want smooth and fast clears without having to carry bad players.
    Or you just act convincing, show that your gear is properly done, show your logs of you crushing the meter in lfr and explain that you know all the tactics inside out. There's quite few fights where on bad player actually can wipe a group in normal, so if a somewhat confident guild is looking for 1-2 players they usually won't mind you lacking a bit of experience as long as you seem like a solid player. Alternatively just link a character with 12/12 down in ToT and and say that it's your main, piece of cake.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-30 at 11:04 PM.

That app was priceless.

Deleted
    I have also been stuck in shit guilds because of my class being unwanted (ret paladin), but after reading that application you lost all my sympathy. You OP, are an immature cock that I wouldn't want in my raids no matter how much your DPS you do. Have you also considered that in LFD, LFR and pugs heroic raiders might not play with 100% efficiency because it is not needed?

But one thing that is completely retarded is how much this game favors ranged. Most raids will take a 100k dps warlock over a 150k dps paladin if they already have more than 1 melee.

PS: linking someone else's character will not work. It is very easy to see that it isn't yours.
    Last edited by mmocb55638e0da; 2013-05-31 at 02:42 AM.

Yeah, same here playing WW, but I've always had a soft spot for the underdog. Recent buffs should make us a bit more attractive though.

Haha yeah, dat app, I'm trying to imagine some alternate universe where the guild recruiter replies with "well actually, you raise a very valid point, I for one will henceforth not enchant anything but my heroic BiS items, and what's more I find your manner endearing".

And I can't. I just....can't.

Deleted
    make logs, play well, if you're as good as you say, apply to a top 30 guild, it's pretty common to gear people up. Assuming you have atleast some heroic experience under your belt.

also, expect having to play more than just your warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had issues finding guilds... hell I'd leave guilds all the time because their progression sucked... eventually landed in a guild that got shit done and didn't take more than a couple wipes to down bosses, sometimes none.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I'd say I leave very good impressions. I always make an effort to sound polite and all that stuff. I've applied to a lot of guilds, most of which don't need a melee, and so I have to write an app anyway and see if they'll even consider it. The apps aren't really the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I know this comes across as arrogant, but I can sometimes perform better than players in heroic gear, and yet I'm the one that only has 4/12 experience.
    In a guild application or on vent/chat, if you saying anything remotely close to "I can sometimes perform better than players in heroic gear" they will delete your application. People who say stuff like that tend to have huge egos and take no responsibility after boss wipes: it's always 'someone else's fault.'

Stay humble. Run some 5 mans with people in the guild. Talk on vent. If you're positive, friendly and capable perhaps someone will give you a try if a regular misses or can't make it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearyn View Post
    +

http://ancientstorm.guildlaunch.com/....php?t=8767923

=

Does not compute.

If i can find this application by doing a simple google search of your name, you can be sure guilds you apply to can do the same, and while people can change as they mature, this does not make you seem like the kind of person i would want to spent 9+ hours a week raiding with.

You also still haven't sorted out your professions, and have upgraded very few items via the new valor point upgrades, and unfortunatly warriors are simply not in a good enough place that that sort of thing can be acceptable right now.
    I'm sorry, but this post wins. OP you're clearly either rather delusional or you're a liar. Cause what I see, when looking at your armory is; Someone who's been lazy, not capping VP, has a farming profession, no viable OS, no alts, no raiding experience of note while it was current and you didn't even bother to gem/enchant your gear.

Yet you claim to be serious? This is a class example on someone thinking he's a lot better than he actually is. Someone who don't understand how raiding guilds look at applicants, someone who wants to give people the impression of being mature and polite. But in reality, all I see here, is a random player who in no way would stand a chance in any decent raiding guild.

My own guild has accepted shit geared players with no experience several times. We do take chances with people, if their applications are good. Recently we brought in an Spriest and a Mage and none of them had cleared Normal ToT, while we were 6/13 Heroic at that time. Now they're both core raiders in Heroic gear. The difference is, that they made the effort, they made good applications (and no, your app isn't good by any means).

You have a chance to prove your knowledge in your app. Show them that you know the ins and outs of your class via theorycrafting, detailed stat priority explanations, rotation or priority system. Research the encounters you haven't done yet, explain how and why your class can be of benefit, make the best of your gear - regardless of the ilvl. And ofc, link a recent WoL parse of you demolishing the dps meter in LFR, while not standing in fire....

I'm sorry, but with that application, you won't find a "decent" raiding guild who will actually have you.