Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Feral Damage Really That OP?

What is with all of the recent posts about feral damage being so OP? Considering the ramp up time required for feral to do max damage (SR, cds, combo points) I don't understand why people think they are so OP. Yes they have infected wounds, clone, and a few other tricks, but nothing more than other hybrid utility classes (especially priest). I hardly think rip/rake is going to burst anyone down.. #Hunter/mage/rogueburstisbetter

I dunno, i have nothing against ferals atm..
    Rogues on the other hand. Open > bye 50% hp, Vanish, vanish.. vanish.. wait i can do it 2 more times! vanish, vanish..

Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I dunno, i have nothing against ferals atm..
    Rogues on the other hand. Open > bye 50% hp, Vanish, vanish.. vanish.. wait i can do it 2 more times! vanish, vanish..
    This. Not sure why people think feral is now god-mode after a 10% dmg buff to SR.

Since the nerf to cyclone ferals are all but OP imo.
    I hate ferals on my mage tho..

Everytime I see someone crying aboout ferals is 1500 mage hero who don't understand how the game works and expect that they will control every melee in the game.
    They are far from OP, you can check their representation on the 2k bracket to how OP they are. In fact since the buff on rets and shamans, feral is arguably the worst melee right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are doing not bad, the damage is great, but there energy regeneration blows ass, when the blow CD's you have no choice but to blow your own CD's because you will die....quickly. As Knolan said, most QQ will come from mages, mainly becuase GL trying to nova/poly them, they shape shift outta that shit quicker than a fat chick eats cake. But then you have to be a reasonably good player to pull of being feral, some I have seen have been utter bollocks, and some have killed me so quick I have no fcking clue what happened (I play frost mage :P)

I would still take a feral on my ass over a bloody rogue, pala or hunter though, almost got fckin solo'd by a shale spider pet yesterday that was doing 100% crit (WTF?) :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    They are doing not bad, the damage is great, but there energy regeneration blows ass, when the blow CD's you have no choice but to blow your own CD's because you will die....quickly. As Knolan said, most QQ will come from mages, mainly becuase GL trying to nova/poly them, they shape shift outta that shit quicker than a fat chick eats cake. But then you have to be a reasonably good player to pull of being feral, some I have seen have been utter bollocks, and some have killed me so quick I have no fcking clue what happened (I play frost mage :P)

I would still take a feral on my ass over a bloody rogue, pala or hunter though, almost got fckin solo'd by a shale spider pet yesterday that was doing 100% crit (WTF?) :P
    I play mage and I find rets to be more OP tbh lmao. At least burst-wise.

I can understand why people dislike ferals, but I don't think they are really OP. I wouldn't say they come close to the current top tier classes.

Feral isn't really amazing. It seems to have a niche as the high CC melee, which makes it a little too strong in 2v2 but isn't really off par in general. Honestly it seems like all melee are just really strong right now. Enhance and especially DK damage is overtuned, but other melee seem pretty comparable to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty Fish View Post
    This. Not sure why people think feral is now god-mode after a 10% dmg buff to SR.
    Not sure why people think rogues are still amazing. Feral has better mobility, stronger sustained damage, more survivability, and team utility while maintaining higher-pressure CC and comparable burst. Rogues are a one-trick pony nowadays (burst), and that trick just got nerfed quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Not sure why people think rogues are still amazing. Feral has better mobility, stronger sustained damage, more survivability, and team utility while maintaining higher-pressure CC and comparable burst. Rogues are a one-trick pony nowadays (burst), and that trick just got nerfed quite a bit.
    Sustainable damage is not as important as burst in pvp, most times a feral surviving is a feral that is not putting any pressure and this is not true with rogues. Team utility? what team utility does a feral have? Rogue has far more CC (sap + blind + redirect stun = 22s) it is also not dispellable, unlike feral CC.

Problem with ferals is them being nearly unpeelable, combine that with curent ench state and you've a team that'll stomp you harder then thug. That's about it, dmg didn't change just new comps became aviable and some hardcounter most popular setups of previous seasons. I must say that ret/hunt can kill just as fast though, as many other combos can.

Deleted
    There must be something really good with ferals atm because Reckful has started playing his feral and geared it.
    Everyone knows that reckful only plays overpowered classes so this must mean that ferals are either OP or close to it.

He played warrior and shadow priest last season. This season he started with rogue and when that got nerfed he continued with death knight.
    Now he is playing feral.

I guess we will have to see

In all honesty. Ferals that are speccing full mastery in PvP are ripping ppl to shreds. I have a decently geared monk and got wtf owned with popping all defensives within 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Sustainable damage is not as important as burst in pvp, most times a feral surviving is a feral that is not putting any pressure and this is not true with rogues. Team utility? what team utility does a feral have? Rogue has far more CC (sap + blind + redirect stun = 22s) it is also not dispellable, unlike feral CC.
    They made cyclone and bash dispelable? So a rogue can cc someone for a 22secs once every 2mins if they blow vanish or dance on that.

I found it funny that they nerfed cloak and dagger because it was "unpeelable" yet all you had to do was root or hard cc them. But ferals rooting won't work only hard cc does and their mobility isn't tied to a 1min cd it there all the time and way more than anything rogue has had.

One of my favorite things is when I'm on my holy pally if I use my sprint while feral isn't in a full cc I just to get nowhere from the feral because his passive run speed is almost as fast as it....

Originally feral had the shifting and speed etc because they didn't have real dmg or even real melee tooltip. But over the years that toolkit got filled in and they have everything now and its just too much. You can't have a unpeelable melee and them have just as much burst and toolkit as everyone else. Something has to give somewhere.

And before some feral responds to this if they called cloak and dagger unpeelable feral is really unpeelable.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-05-29 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Seen some ferals using weird Dream of Cenarius/NS specs and pulling off 150k+ ravages; which could be a OP.

The 10% savage roar buff wasn't needed at all, but outside of 2s they aren't that OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their damage is insane with CD's, but really that's the same for anyone with dps CD's. My only ever lasting complaint about feral is that passive slow combined with ridiculous mobility and root lol'ing, but sadly at the moment they require to have all 3 of those things to properly function right now. (though I think the slow could be made an active one but that wont help the 'button bloat' problem) It's mostly a overreaction but I haven't had the pleasure of fighting many ferals yet so I can't say with 100% certainty but it's most likely just a overreaction like most reactions with most changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the damage due to their high up-time and CC.

i dont know is it a bug or not but berserk works with tirgers fury which is not deifnately worknig as intended. more burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    i dont know is it a bug or not but berserk works with tirgers fury which is not deifnately worknig as intended. more burst.
    That's because the Feral used Tiger's Fury before activating Berserk.

its not feral damage alone, its feral damage combined with feral unpeelability.

i've never really had a problem with feral clone since i play a comp with an offensive dispel, but being unable to keep a feral controlled for long periods of time is incredibly frustrating.

feral didn't need powershifting back, resto might have, but feral definitely did not.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"