PvP Meta Gem 5.3

whats better in 5.3 for pvp, the tyrannical primal meta gem or the regular gems such as the agile primal diamond??

Deleted
    With the nerfs to power im guessing that the regular metas will be the best.
    Dont know tho since i havent had a chance to try yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    whats better in 5.3 for pvp, the tyrannical primal meta gem or the regular gems such as the agile primal diamond??
    Offensive wise - regulars, especially for agility classes with high crit.

Is the proc rate for the PvE Legendary meta sufficiently low enough to make it unwise to use it for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Is the proc rate for the PvE Legendary meta sufficiently low enough to make it unwise to use it for PvP?
    You can't socket the pve legendary meta in to the 496 pvp helms unfortunately, unless it changed since I tried it last.

Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    You can't socket the pve legendary meta in to the 496 pvp helms unfortunately, unless it changed since I tried it last.
    Didn't know that. Still, with the nerf to PvP Power and Resil I wonder if it isn't just better to use a 5.2 PvE helm with a PvE Legendary meta-gem for the proc.

Deleted
    I did the calculation for my UH DK and found out that 4 PvP power corresponds to ~1 strength in terms of damage. So the 665 PvP power on the PvP gem will add less damage than the 213 str on the normal meta gem (for UH DKs). The extra resilience is however really nice, and definitely worth it, in my opinion.

So, easy, if you need more damage, use the normal meta, if you need more protection, use the PvP meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    same here. Maybe pvp power is not imba but allot of resi there to. And it gives 1.5x% damage reduction. I would say its not bad.
    If i could socket epic gem i would cause before as fury i was using crit meta gem anyway.
    Blizzard always brakes fun. Why i cant use legendary gem in my gear. That was reason to do all of those LFRs for me to get meta gem and put it in elite helmet later on.
    And well ?? Fuckers nerfed ilvl on elite gear and i cant put legendary gem in.

So may hours of wipes with noobs on lfr FOR NOTHING !!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

These new metas sound rather powerful shall be interesting to say the least

I think in most cases for dps the regular is better. For healers, the pvp power/res. one is a clear winner with the bonus % they added to our healing.