Glyph Ideas - fun focused

Hi everyone. I can't help but notice that the glyph selection in this game is severely limited and boring. What are some glyphs you would like to see in the game that could make things more interesting and entertaining?

Here are two lists of mine. The first set is for the Warrior class and the second is for the Shaman (more focuses for Restoration). The numbers were put together quickly, but it's all in the name of fun. Let me know what you think and share some of your own.

Exhilaration - Every unique target hit by Bladestorm lowers it's cooldown by 5 seconds.
    Dropping In - If your Heroic Leap hits 3 or more targets, your next Whirlwind costs no rage.
    Aftershock - The damage from Heroic Leap is duplicated at the target location after 2 seconds.
    Bloodthirsty - Bloodthirst heals for an additional 3% while Bloodbath is active.
    Berserker - Increase haste by 1% for every 10% health missing.
    Heroic Initiation - Increase the damage of Heroic Throw by 200% if the target is not in combat.
    Killing Spree - A killing blow with Execute grants a single free use of Execute on another target regardless of it's health.
    Generate Rage - Enraged Generation now bleeds out 15% of your health over 5 seconds to gain 30 rage.
    Save Yourselves - Shield Wall is applied to your 5 closest allies but not to you. Lasts 6 seconds and increases it's cooldown by 2 minutes.
    Inspiring Attack - Cast Recklessness on a friendly target to split its benefits for 6 seconds.
    Electric Circuit - Storm Bolt bounces to a second nearby target but stuns for only 2 seconds.

Earth Warden - Reduces damage taken by party and raid members by 10% for 6 seconds after summoning the Earth Elemental.
    Inferno - Summoning the Fire Elemental empowers allies attacks to deal additional fire damage for 6 seconds.
    Rapid - Casting Riptide on a target with full health increases their haste by 10% for 5 seconds.
    Torrential Storm - All overhealing done by your Healing Rain damages enemies within the rain for 25% of the amount.
    Magnitude - Earth Shield has unlimited charges.
    Persistence - Every spell cast while Ascendance is active has a 40% chance to increase its duration by 1 second.
    Devotion - If Healing Surge is used on a target with less than 15% health, then your next Healing Surge on the same target will have it's mana cost reduced by 15%.

While I don't play either class I can't help but think some of these would be a little OP. To me fun glyphs are things that change animations, spell type, even add new fun spells. These seem strong and some would be baseline for raiding (which blizzard are trying to move away from). Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I like the idea behind some of them but a lot of those are just way, way to op. Though I do really like the Elemental ideas, a new raid CD that's not over the top but would provide a nice boost.

Hmm, while fun may be the focus, and as fun as having many of those glyphs would be, they're just way too op to ever be implemented.

I play a male blood elf paladin, so, naturally, I want a glyph that'll make my wings twice as large, make me sparkle, and then twirl every time I cast Avenging Wrath. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Those are not fun. Those are broken / game changing monsters. Fun glyph = The glyph that lets mage look like someone else for 2min. Useful glyph = Glyph that makes mage mana stones restore mana over time instead of instantly. Broken (old) glyph = Glyph that boosts your damage directly by any % because it is now baseline REQUIRED.

really good ideas

OP's ideas aren't really bad. Current glyph system feels too cosmetic and thus boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    Those are not fun. Those are broken / game changing monsters. Fun glyph = The glyph that lets mage look like someone else for 2min. Useful glyph = Glyph that makes mage mana stones restore mana over time instead of instantly. Broken (old) glyph = Glyph that boosts your damage directly by any % because it is now baseline REQUIRED.
    Meh, I remember when glyphs were introduced - they were truly interesting - 10 expertise when Seal of Vengeance (old SoT) is active, Divine Plea duration refreshment, allowing dots to crit, and even minor glyphs were actually useful - like removal of needing in various reagents, etc.

Now we have way too much useless or awkward glyphs. From same paladins' glyphs the only useful and game-changing glyph which I can recall is Glyph of Battle Healer. That's it.

Glyphs should directly increase combat capabilities or influence combat in meaningful way, because WoW is from RPG genre, and it is not some Barbie game "which glyph goes well with color of my dress".

Death Knight:
    Frost Bite: Increases the cost of Frost Strike by 10 RP. Frost Strike now applies a bleed.
    Meat Shield: Your ghoul leaps between you and your opponent blocking any damage equal to half your current health. Replaces Death Pact
    Sundering Blow: Your Obliterate now lowers enemy armor by 10%

Hunter:
    Hydra's Blood: Your Serpent Sting now deals 50% less damage but is passively applied to every 4th auto attack.
    Vital Point: Your Aimed Shot now applies a bleed that deals an additional 25% of the damage

Warrior:
    Overrun: When you Charge a target, you now run over them, knocking them down and stopping on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugfugly View Post
    Hi everyone. I can't help but notice that the glyph selection in this game is severely limited and boring. What are some glyphs you would like to see in the game that could make things more interesting and entertaining?

Here are two lists of mine. The first set is for the Warrior class and the second is for the Shaman (more focuses for Restoration). The numbers were put together quickly, but it's all in the name of fun. Let me know what you think and share some of your own.

Exhilaration - Every unique target hit by Bladestorm lowers it's cooldown by 5 seconds.
    Overpowered Needs a cap.
    Dropping In - If your Heroic Leap hits 3 or more targets, your next Whirlwind costs no rage.
    Aftershock - The damage from Heroic Leap is duplicated at the target location after 2 seconds.
    Bloodthirsty - Bloodthirst heals for an additional 3% while Bloodbath is active.
    Berserker - Increase haste by 1% for every 10% health missing.
    Nit sure how compelling this one is, would encourage some strange dps gameplay, though
    Heroic Initiation - Increase the damage of Heroic Throw by 200% if the target is not in combat.
    Killing Spree - A killing blow with Execute grants a single free use of Execute on another target regardless of it's health.
    Generate Rage - Enraged Generation now bleeds out 15% of your health over 5 seconds to gain 30 rage.
    Save Yourselves - Shield Wall is applied to your 5 closest allies but not to you. Lasts 6 seconds and increases it's cooldown by 2 minutes.
    Inspiring Attack - Cast Recklessness on a friendly target to split its benefits for 6 seconds.
    This is one of those Unique buff caveats. Will cause a lot of debate on how mandataory the class is in some situations. (Im looking at you, Arena)
    Electric Circuit - Storm Bolt bounces to a second nearby target but stuns for only 2 seconds.

Earth Warden - Reduces damage taken by party and raid members by 10% for 6 seconds after summoning the Earth Elemental.
    Too Powerful a cooldown for a glyph
    Inferno - Summoning the Fire Elemental empowers allies attacks to deal additional fire damage for 6 seconds.
    Another one of those unique buff things; its like another stormlash
    Rapid - Casting Riptide on a target with full health increases their haste by 10% for 5 seconds.
    devalues haste a bit and encourages riptide use for specific players
    Torrential Storm - All overhealing done by your Healing Rain damages enemies within the rain for 25% of the amount.
    Magnitude - Earth Shield has unlimited charges.
    Persistence - Every spell cast while Ascendance is active has a 40% chance to increase its duration by 1 second.
    Overpowered as ascendance is already a very strong cooldown
    Devotion - If Healing Surge is used on a target with less than 15% health, then your next Healing Surge on the same target will have it's mana cost reduced by 15%.
    Overpowered in pvp with high mastery stacking restos
    Glyphs should prevent some options such as x over y; anything op just does not serve the purpose. Some of the warrior ideas are cool though.

- Explosive Shot now resets the cooldown of, and automatically activates, Disengage when used on critters.
    - Activating Camouflage causes your eyes to briefly flash yellow.
    - Thunder Clap now applies Sunder Armor instead of Weakened Blows.
    - Your Rejuvenation no longer has a sound effect.

Eh, that's all I can think of at the moment. Pretty neat ideas in the first post, too.

Hunter
    Minor Glyph: Icy Shot: Your arcane shot now deals frost damage instead of arcane damage.
    Minor Glyph: Tamed Beast Dire Beast now summons a random animal based on your current inactive pets.
    Major Glyph: Acid Pool Lob a Pool of acid over an 8 yard radius that deals nature damage to anyone standing within it. [Replaces Explosive trap]

Shaman:
    Minor Glyph: Ice Elemental Your Earth Elemental is now transformed into ice elemental and is immune to frost damage.[Assuming Eartyhn Elemental had its Nature elemental]
    Major Glyph: Spirit Link Totem Increases the radius of your spirit link totem by 5 yards but reduces its damage reduction to 7%.
    Major Glyph: Elemental Blast Your Maelstrom Weapon charges also reduce the cast time of your next elemental blast by 0.1 seconds.