Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Apparently there's a LFG tool coming to GW2!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...pdated_gw2dat/

If this data miner can be believed. I'm pretty happy about it.

Also, swimwear and school outfit? Color me happy. Can't wait for them to officially reveal this stuff if it's true.

Well technically there is already a LFG tool but yeah, a good one would be nice. However, indications are that it won't auto-group you and port you to the spot. So you will still have to do a bit of communicating to get a group together.

The moderator in me wants to report the other moderator for faulty thread title.

"Apparently, another LFG tool is coming to Guild Wars 2!"

Why do you do this to me, Edgecrushero0? You storm of chaos, you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well technically there is already a LFG tool but yeah, a good one would be nice. However, indications are that it won't auto-group you and port you to the spot. So you will still have to do a bit of communicating to get a group together.
    It sort of looks like the original LFG tool (from GW1), with some aspects of the LFG website. Looks good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    It sort of looks like the original LFG tool (from GW1), with some aspects of the LFG website. Looks good enough for me
    That would be perfect in my opinion.

That would be perfect in my opinion.
    I agree. It won't satisfy some people *cough* but then...well, I won't get started

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The moderator in me wants to report the other moderator for faulty thread title.

"Apparently, another LFG tool is coming to Guild Wars 2!"

Why do you do this to me, Edgecrushero0? You storm of chaos, you.
    FINE! Be that way.

And guys/gals, you're missing the most important part. Swimwear and school outfits. For reals.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    FINE! Be that way.

And guys/gals, you're missing the most important part. Swimwear and school outfits. For reals.
    hmm, and we got a tentacle backpack this time around...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, and we got a tentacle backpack this time around...
    Don't even want to know where this thread is headed now....

This game sorely needed a 'real' group finder as I think a lot of people (like me) would be more eager to play at the level cap and to change up the leveling experience by having dungeons available without going through that painful chore of using 3rd party websites or actually socializing with people. I mean, who wants to socialize with new people?
    BAD WOLF

Define "'real' group finder"

Yeah not sure what Kitty means by that.

Define "'real' group finder"
    A proper, functioning interface system like what you see in EQ2 or Aion which is globally available and makes finding groups LFM or people LFG very easy. The group finder in GW2 is woefully inadequate.

A proper, functioning interface system like what you see in EQ2 or Aion which is globally available and makes finding groups LFM or people LFG very easy. The group finder in GW2 is woefully inadequate.
    Right but for some folks a real group finder is one that will have you queue up, auto group you, and then port you to the instance.

Right, but...
    Right but for some folks a real group finder is one that will have you queue up, auto group you, and then port you to the instance.
    Exactly. The qualifications you list, edge, are necessary; those that Doozer listed, are unnecessary, despite what some would have you believe. I'm trying to figure out where people draw the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. The qualifications you list, edge, are necessary; those that Doozer listed, are unnecessary, despite what some would have you believe. I'm trying to figure out where people draw the line.
    1) You don't determine when someone's opinion of what they want out of a feature is wrong. You don't have that authority. No one does. So it doesn't matter what my opinion of a 'real' finder is, because it's the same amount of valid as yours.

2) My statement implied I was fine with the implementation as expressed in the link, which doesn't mention anything about auto queues, teleporting, or anything like that. Additionally, it was halfway sarcastic (though with the hidden mask of truth that sarcasm so beautifully brings)

3) What Edge listed is perfectly adequate for a game like GW2, though I admit if it had full on automation you would see far more people using it and playing that aspect of the game. Whether it's good or preferred is subjective and naturally debatable.

It would be nice if this feature could function across servers though and zoning into the instance put everyone together. At least that way without automation you could still have a larger pool of players.
    BAD WOLF

This is good news, I hope its only grouping tool and nothing else - I still want to (be forced) to travel there on feet/wp. If they make a copy of WoW LFD I will be disappointed big time. I want the world to remain alive and not be one city hub with tons of overflow servers and ports to dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    1) You don't determine when someone's opinion of what they want out of a feature is wrong. You don't have that authority. No one does. So it doesn't matter what my opinion of a 'real' finder is, because it's the same amount of valid as yours.

2) My statement implied I was fine with the implementation as expressed in the link, which doesn't mention anything about auto queues, teleporting, or anything like that. Additionally, it was halfway sarcastic (though with the hidden mask of truth that sarcasm so beautifully brings)

3) What Edge listed is perfectly adequate for a game like GW2, though I admit if it had full on automation you would see far more people using it and playing that aspect of the game. Whether it's good or preferred is subjective and naturally debatable.

It would be nice if this feature could function across servers though and zoning into the instance put everyone together. At least that way without automation you could still have a larger pool of players.
    Any tool that removes the world from a game that's designed around the world (ie, automation, teleportation) is wrong, for the game. It's a matter of fitting the tool to the game. Yes, what we currently have is woefully inadequate, to the point that many/most people don't know or forget it's there, but going to the other extreme is unnecessary and would be harmful to the game and community.

Automation, anonymity, and lack of communication tend to end up tied together, and are detrimental (at least the latter two, which the former fosters) to the community, and in turn, the game.

Drop the hostility, there was none intended, I was simply asking a question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tool that removes the world from a game that's designed around the world (ie, automation, teleportation) is wrong, for the game.
    Incorrect. This is subjective, opinionated.
    Drop the hostility, there was none intended, I was simply asking a question.
    1) Any hostility is imagined on your own accord. There's nothing hostile in the post.

2) You weren't just 'asking a question'...you were imposing your opinion as an ultimate truth...which you are continuing to do. If anything you're being hostile by refusing to accept anything other than your view. If you continue down this path, I can show you hostile. Until that bit of bull headedness keeps rearing out, your opinion is just as valid as mine and I have no qualms with you feeling that way. I just disagree.
    BAD WOLF

Any tool that removes the world from a game that's designed around the world (ie, automation, teleportation) is wrong, for the game.
    Rhandric, I may have some bad news for you...

Automation, anonymity, and lack of communication tend to end up tied together, and are detrimental (at least the latter two, which the former fosters) to the community, and in turn, the game.
    It's subjective. I didn't find that using the GW2 LFG site or spamming LFM in map chat resulted in any more communication than any given WoW LFG grouping I've had. Likewise, no one spoke in /p except when things went wrong and we were trying to form a strategy. As far as I know I haven't seen anyone I've done a dungeon with since and if I have I obviously wasn't aware of it.

Personally, I believe it's a myth that group content brings people together socially. The only time I see that happen is when you have very particular personalities grouped together which, at least from my experiences, is rare. Most people I've grouped with are only interested in obtaining gear or achievements and it's usually just an unfortunate circumstance that you need 4 other people to do it. It seems like most of the players who do want to be social in MMOs join guilds to that effect, which in many cases does away with the need of having to PUG in the first place.

I'd actually be really interested to see the percentage of people who would continue to do 5+ man group content if the option existed to obtain and complete everything solo or at the very least in smaller groups of 2-3 people.