Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd pay real money to see my norn in a schoolgirl uniform. And I asked for LFG tool from the very release, maybe I'd still be playing if they released it from start. Hope it's true and it will work for fractals, I might be back to the game then.

Finally, GW2 updates to a modern MMO by including basic features. My time is valuable, and standing in Lion's Arch spamming LFG is not worth it. Getting halfway through a dungeon run and then quitting because 1 person leaves is not worth it. People mistake shouting in general chat for social interaction. As Fencers pointed out, MMO's have progressed from the EQ days where group interaction was required to do any type of advancement in the game. MMO cater both solo and group play, and if they don't provide tools to promote group play beyond a chat window, they do so at their own peril.

Swimwear? Hm... I might finally get up and buy GW2. No, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugor View Post
    Finally, GW2 updates to a modern MMO by including basic features. My time is valuable, and standing in Lion's Arch spamming LFG is not worth it. Getting halfway through a dungeon run and then quitting because 1 person leaves is not worth it. People mistake shouting in general chat for social interaction. As Fencers pointed out, MMO's have progressed from the EQ days where group interaction was required to do any type of advancement in the game. MMO cater both solo and group play, and if they don't provide tools to promote group play beyond a chat window, they do so at their own peril.
    Spamming mapchat in Lion's Arch is silliness.

http://gw2lfg.com/

Over 4.5 million groups formed - at x5 is 22 million player experiences.
    Takes less than a moment to put it up, groups form generally within 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Swimwear? Hm... I might finally get up and buy GW2. No, seriously.
    I'm hoping we get Kasmeer's swimsuit with the sandals

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/...meer_Meade.jpg
    Valar morghulis

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Spamming mapchat in Lion's Arch is silliness.
    Needing a 3rd party website outside of the game to form a group is madness. Thank heavens for this new feature when it comes. Has there been an official response to this 'leak'?
    BAD WOLF

Yea, I don't really think you can use an ancillary, third party tool out of game as a defense for the antiquity of GW2's LFG "features".

In fact, you can't really. It's intellectually dishonest and at worst, um, stupid.

Hehe, would also be philosophically opposed to Anet's stated design goals too!

To be honest, Anet have never ever nailed a single secondary system in 5 titles of the Guild Wars series. Core gameplay, excellent. Everything else, sloppy as a drunk on St. Patty's Day.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-05-30 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Needing a 3rd party website outside of the game to form a group is madness. Thank heavens for this new feature when it comes. Has there been an official response to this 'leak'?

"Madness" is a little extreme lol. It takes a moment to put up a listing, people whisper you or simply /join on you in game.

Colin did say recently that it was being worked on and would be out this year.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...he-radar/first
    and those codes were taken directly from the .dat file so yes, it's coming soon
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they respond to leaks, but the official statement was 'We are working on a better LFG system' afaik.
    However, there might be ways to find out if the leaks are true if you know how to decode the GW2 strings.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Madness" is a little extreme lol. It takes a moment to put up a listing, people whisper you or simply /join on you in game.

Colin did say recently that it was being worked on and would be out this year.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...he-radar/first
    and those codes were taken directly from the .dat file so yes, it's coming soon
    Well it's like Fencer's said, it goes against the entire nature of a video game to have to use a complete detatched service offered by another povider to enable functionality in your game. I think that's way past silly, which is why I chose madness.

Imagine if you had to teleport via waypoints by using gw2cartographer.com, instead of the in game map.

Same level of ridiculous. But good news that they are working on it, for sure.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's like Fencer's said, it goes against the entire nature of a video game to have to use a complete detatched service offered by another povider to enable functionality in your game. I think that's way past silly, which is why I chose madness.

Imagine if you had to teleport via waypoints by using gw2cartographer.com, instead of the in game map.

Same level of ridiculous. But good news that they are working on it, for sure.

I played WoW for years without one, they didn't implement one until late Wrath so maybe that's why it's no biggie to me. Well, that and I mostly run with my guild.
    Valar morghulis

A school outfit, really? I'm still waiting for the NPC attire they promised to add before the game even launched. Ngh. Though the addition of a LFG tool will be very useful if it goes ahead. I just hope it doesn't have a negative impact upon the community spirit and is limited to one's realm.

My favorite comment on the reddit post "The back to school clothes will go perfect with the tentacle backpack"
    Yep

Swimsuits and school outfits? Speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Swimsuits and school outfits? Speaks volumes.
    And what does it speak? Do tell

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaks volumes about someone's feelings getting ruffled that most people playing mmorpg's like to party after a long night of killing bitches ;-)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-05-30 at 05:18 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I am soooo going to buy a school-uniform for my big bearded Norn male Warrior, along with pair of glasses and the hope to get a brown leather school-satchel as a backpack-skin.

Now we only need areas that enforce town-clothes, just like the SSC-beach that takes your clothes off.

Is it really that hard to make the current LFG display a text on what you are looking for?

Did it really take that long just to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is it really that hard to make the current LFG display a text on what you are looking for?

Did it really take that long just to do this?
    There's the quick way, and the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Well, the current tool wouldn't be so bad if Anet had just developed it further just a tiny bit.

Actually, I am not even sure that is even necessary. Had Anet simply created... a UI button for the LFG that was less oblique than in a sub menu of the social menu.

I mean. For realsie. The way they implemented the LFG smacks of laziness or ineptitude. Likely both.

Speaks volumes about someone's feelings getting ruffled that most people playing mmorpg's like to party after a long night of killing bitches ;-)
    Nope. Just wasn't aware that GW2 attracts the creepy japanophile bunch, which is sort of a turn-off.