Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    This happens as Mississippi, the fattest state in the union, makes it illegal for any legislator to even consider limiting caloric intake, as well as outlawing calorie counts on restaurant menus. NYC crime rates are the lowest among the 10 largest cities in the US. Get out of here scrub.
    And do you honestly believe that banning large sodas and the 2nd amendment is American? I'd love to live in NY man, seriously I would. But I can't knowing the criminals have guns and the law abiding citizens are defenseless.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You mean the soda ban that didn't go through because the system works? Right.

And tell me what is so horribly wrong with the SAFE Gun Laws put through in NY? I am a gun owner and I am all for them as is a majority of the state, which is again ... the system properly working.
    Jesus how many hoops did you run through to own that? I'll move to NY tomorrow if I know I can defend myself against the criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidpci View Post
    And do you honestly believe that banning large sodas and the 2nd amendment is American? I'd love to live in NY man, seriously I would. But I can't knowing the criminals have guns and the law abiding citizens are defenseless.
    You really need to read the new laws (which there isn't even one against soda since it didn't pass) and not quote headlines.

I've never stated that this problem does not exist outside of America... infact, let's talk about Germany. Some idiots there huh that let Hitler take power? I mean, just because I point out problems in our country, doesn't mean I'm anti-American. This country isn't perfect. It never has been. If not for people SPEAKING UP about issues, we would still be under crown rule. Just because I care about my country and want it to succeed... and want to be number 1 in education again. Number 1 in industry again. Does not mean I hate my country or that I'm trying to bash it.
    Godwinning.

And that's /thread.

But thanks for ignoring what I said. Guess it's my turn to return the favor.

You really need to read the new laws (which there isn't even one against soda since it didn't pass) and not quote headlines.
    So the soda law is gone? So you agree that it's an overreach? This is what I'm talking about, the overreach of power.

(btw im sorry, my team kicked yours out of the playoffs, gg though)

10+ Year Old Account

Jesus how many hoops did you run through to own that? I'll move to NY tomorrow if I know I can defend myself against the criminals.
    Hoops? None. Filed the paperwork and paid the fees for the license, as well as registered each weapon voluntarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's bad to go through hoops to buy guns? I'd say it's doing it's job other than banning guns themselves.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So the soda law is gone? So you agree that it's an overreach? This is what I'm talking about, the overreach of power.

(btw im sorry, my team kicked yours out of the playoffs, gg though)
    There is no such thing as an overreach of power when the system is in place to keep it from happening and it works. Any mayor of any town can make ridiculous claims, and there is a checks and balance system in place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you could go to any country and find people like this
    Probably true, although I'm sure the chances of finding such people in the US are the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So it's bad to go through hoops to buy guns? I'd say it's doing it's job other than banning guns themselves.
    Do criminals go through hoops to buy guns? Did the drug cartels go through hoops when our government shipped them to them? Why do law abiding citizens need to jump through hoops to protect themselves when criminals don't?

Criminals will ALWAYS have guns because they're criminals. They don't follow the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Probably true, although I'm sure the chances of finding such people in the US are the highest.
    Yay for pulling statistics out of your ass!

There is no such thing as an overreach of power when the system is in place to keep it from happening and it works. Any mayor of any town can make ridiculous claims, and there is a checks and balance system in place.
    Always believing the system in place will work is a bit naive imo. Again, Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always believing the system in place will work is a bit naive imo. Again, Germany.
    And what about Germany? No one LET Hitler have power, they gave it to him. The country was in shambles after WWI and Hitler put them on a path to prosperity. Yeah, he eventually went nuts and committed genocide, but they didn't have the checks we have.

I wonder where people like you get so much fear from. You say you want to live in NY really bad, but don't know how you could ever defend yourself. How do you think the rest of us 10 million in the city do it in this state and still have some of the lowest urban crime rates in the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    US=/Germany

Do criminals go through hoops to buy guns? Did the drug cartels go through hoops when our government shipped them to them? Why do law abiding citizens need to jump through hoops to protect themselves when criminals don't?

Criminals will ALWAYS have guns because they're criminals. They don't follow the law.
    Not all criminals get them from the Drug Cartels and making actual background checks and other hoops to go through to get guns. It's MUCH BETTER than banning them outright. It's a better prevention. You're using the same argument on banning of guns when I haven't suggested it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And what about Germany? No one LET Hitler have power, they gave it to him. The country was in shambles after WWI and Hitler put them on a path to prosperity. Yeah, he eventually went nuts and committed genocide, but they didn't have the checks we have.

I wonder where people like you get so much fear from. You say you want to live in NY really bad, but don't know how you could ever defend yourself. How do you think the rest of us 10 million in the city do it in this state and still have some of the lowest urban crime rates in the country.
    I never said really bad, simply that if not for the political structure of the city and state, it would be a nice place to live. I hold "fear" because the founding fathers taught me to never trust Government. History, including Hitler, reinforced that. Above all else, I'd rather rely on myself to protect my family than a cop 15-30 minutes away. I don't call that fear, friend, I call it logic. Why would I fear crime rates if I can protect myself?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said really bad, simply that if not for the political structure of the city and state, it would be a nice place to live. I hold "fear" because the founding fathers taught me to never trust Government. History, including Hitler, reinforced that. Above all else, I'd rather rely on myself to protect my family than a cop 15-30 minutes away. I don't call that fear, friend, I call it logic. Why would I fear crime rates if I can protect myself?
    Never trust the government is a blanket statement to say it. Germany isn't the United States. Again your precious guns aren't being taken away with hoops made to get one and register it.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So you rely on the opinions of men from 230 years ago who could totally predict the state of the world. Got it. Happy Memorial Day to you too, in case you didn't see enough Red, White and Blue on Fox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a point in a thread calling Americans stupid.