Deleted

Searing Totem Abnormally High Threat?

Not sure what's going on but since realm restart, my searing totem has been overaggroing me, tanks in dungeons, everything.

Mobs will actually go out of their way to cross the room and kill my searing totem.

Is this happening to anyone else or is there something i have in the way of talents or glyphs that i'm not noticing for some bizzare reason? It's really starting to bug me now.

I think you may accidentally be casting Searing Wolves by mistake.

In all seriousness, I'm not experiencing anything remotely similar. If you were to contact Blizz, they'd tell you to delete your cache, interface, and WTF folders, and test it with nothing more or less than the default WoW UI. Then, if the problem still persists, they'd tell you to reinstall the game client. Then, if the problem still persists, they'd tell you to submit a bug report.

As for me, I'd go the complete opposite route. I'd declare to the world that shaman tanking is now officially endorsed by Blizz.

Deleted
    As for me, I'd go the complete opposite route. I'd declare to the world that shaman tanking is now officially endorsed by Blizz.
    That's basically what i've been doing. Enough with the slow-ass pulls in dungeons. I am a shaman tank.

Totally happened to me too.

Loaded into a dungeon on the last boss. We pull Taran Zhu and throughout the fight he kept whacking my Searing Totem. I've seen it get aggro before, but not like this!

It has been happening to me the entire expansion, actually.

-Many mobs will run at it if I don't hit them before dropping it. If I drop it in aggro range or then run into range and hit them, there is a chance they will go after it. (Hell, it happens to my fire elemental too when I drop it as tanks are running in, even if it isn't the one getting initial aggro)
    -Randomly targeted abilities hit them in AE situations
    -Sometimes large groups of mobs will see one mob decide that 5v1 isn't cool, and opts for the 1v1 with the Searing Totem. Sad to say, Searing Totem usually loses.

Best I can suggest about 5 man group pulls / raid trash in situation #3 is I wouldn't be surprised if it's the non-focused mobs... so I melee the shit out stuff my tank has aggro on but isn't targeting and it's no big deal XD

I'm wondering if it's not some addon causing a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'm wondering if it's not some addon causing a bug.
    An Addon Can not be able to Rework the Entire threat system. It has to be a Bug in the totems Aggro Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by EverianKalim View Post
    An Addon Can not be able to Rework the Entire threat system. It has to be a Bug in the totems Aggro Generation.
    But how would a bug affect some players' game client, and not others? I haven't had any totem aggro issues, all xpac. To me, the only variable between players would be addons.

I do know that some NPCs will attack totems in general with special abilities, haven't noticed it pulling threat though.

This has been happening to me too.

I've noticed most saurok mobs will smack my totem

Deleted
    Just to add further to this. Last night Primordius attempted to cross his entire room to "have a word" with my air totem. It wasn't even an active, it was a dummy from Glyph of Totemic Encirclement. Had to recall all totems to stop him actually getting there. I don't know what's causing this, but it clearly can't be an addon as it has to be a server based issue to affect actual npcs.
    Hope they fix it soon.

It may be a glyph of some sort causing the problem, glyphs tend to break things in unexpected ways.

The last patch ruined my Glyph of Jab, now whenever you have that glyph on and zone in or out of somewhere, or level up, or at random, it will drop you to white tiger stance and out of wise serpent and sturdy ox. It was very irritating until I figured out what was causing this to happen, now I just can't use that glyph and it makes me sad.

Personally, as a tank, I have never seen any shammy's totem get targeted by anything be it in a raid environment with my guild or just random pug 5-mans. Never seen this issue.

I'd suggest removing your glyphs one at a time and testing to see if the issue continues after each glyph is removed. If you can narrow it down to the specific glyph, you can report it to blizz.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-06-17 at 04:58 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Just to add further to this. Last night Primordius attempted to cross his entire room to "have a word" with my air totem. It wasn't even an active, it was a dummy from Glyph of Totemic Encirclement. Had to recall all totems to stop him actually getting there. I don't know what's causing this, but it clearly can't be an addon as it has to be a server based issue to affect actual npcs.
    Hope they fix it soon.
    Was this before the pull? Am I understanding, correctly, that Primordius was all the way across the room, and then you saw him target your air totem, and make a beeline for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Was this before the pull? Am I understanding, correctly, that Primordius was all the way across the room, and then you saw him target your air totem, and make a beeline for it?
    Nope it was about 55%. He targetted the Air Totem and then just legged it across the room to attack it.

Just had an enemy stop casting spells at me for a second to turn and cast at my searing totem.

Something is wrong here =/