Pulling my hair out as resto right now

I haven't played since early cata and coming back I've gone back to my resto shammy, with gear changes today I'm at the following:

Int: 1780
    Spirit: 13900
    Crit: 12.97%
    Mastery: 50%
    Haste: 19.03% (haste breakpoint)
    almost 27000 sp

We are in 25 progression and I'm still trying to find my groove, I'm getting raped in meters right now and total from another shammy is shadowing me like crazy, even though his overheal is over mine, my HPS for some fights is just depressing.

Log for fight tonight:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...d7/details/27/

another look at totals.... :
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1879&e=2326

should I just focus on raid healing and let the tank heals work themselves out (as we really have no assignments) or should I change something in the way I heal all together? I just switched to the riptide glyph for the hell of it, not horrible but I think I'm focusing on the tank more than I should which is dropping my hps...thoughts?

Just from looking at your overall logs, Wardizzle seems to be simply casting more heals than you are - especially with chain heal. He also has the glyph of healing wave and is casting it, so he is getting a small chunk of his heals from that as well.

I had a look at your Primordius kill logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1879&e=2326

He is casting way more spells than you are. Chain heal is insane in that fight, because you can literally stand there and cast it into melee or on the tank and it will jump through melee and you barely used it. Your riptide healed for more than your CH did and it also healed for more than your HR. Which does not make sense on a fight like Primordius. It seems to me that you are perhaps trying to conserve mana and casting less? Or you can see their heals going off, so you are perhaps withholding your heals?

I'm not sure. But Primordius is a good fight for resto shamans because you have two group's of people who are stacked and half the time, you can drop a healing rain and hit both ranged and melee.

You also aren't using your Ascendance enough. Your Restorative Mists heals barely rate a mention.

Your healing stream totem also needs to be used on c/d during damaging phases. I'd probably wait until the damage starts to happen before dropping it. It is tempting to just drop it on the pull, but unless there is damage going out, and in many cases there aren't and absorbs on the tanks will pretty much negate your HST, I would wait until there is some damage and dropping it so that it is actually healing instead of overhealing.

Your gear is fairly comparable to the other shaman (I am talking about the one who is, to quote you, 'raping you in meters'), but to me, it just seems as if he is simply casting more actual healing spells than you are and casting them more effectively. It could be because you are healing the tank more than the raid, but even so, on fights like Primordius, chain off the tank and the melee are are usually close enough that it will chain onto them. Learn to drop your healing rain on the tank as they are kiting the boss, so that it hits the melee as they come through, or drop it on the ranged. Your glyphed riptide should not be healing more than your CH or HR on a fight like Primordius.

But in the end, just physically cast more.

I too favor the Riptide Glyph simply because it means I constantly have my tidal waves up. And that is a matter of personal preference.

And that was just what I saw with a quick check over your logs.

I guess thinking back movement is my downfall, I think I"m new to this guild so I have raid mechanics on my mind like crazy so I'm trying to make sure I don't mess up raid more than putting out more heals. I'll have to work on just planting my feet and going for it, ascendance is my downfall right now, I guess getting the rust off raid healing includes CD awareness

Quote Originally Posted by evilH View Post
    I guess thinking back movement is my downfall, I think I"m new to this guild so I have raid mechanics on my mind like crazy so I'm trying to make sure I don't mess up raid more than putting out more heals. I'll have to work on just planting my feet and going for it, ascendance is my downfall right now, I guess getting the rust off raid healing includes CD awareness
    Movement is our downfall and fights like Tortos, for example, are a nightmare for us. But you can cheese your cooldowns as well with it, so you aren't just the crazy shaman running around like a lunatic. Learning where to drop your riptide into melee and then projecting into the middle of the room where the ranged are running around and timing it so that it's down with your healing rain, helps. But Primordius is a bread and butter fight for Shamans - healing rain and chain heal and picking up the buffs as you come across them. If you are not healing and running around looking for buffs constantly, that will also result in low numbers. By the time the damage starts to spike, you will have picked up the buffs you need anyway.

Use spirit walker's grace and bind your heals so that you can spam on the run also helps.

At the end of the day, if the bosses are dying, then that is all that matters. You healing for more will make it a bit easier on the other healers. Worry less about impressing your new guild and focus more on your heals. Practice the mechanics in LFR, for example. Sure, they may not all be the same as in normal, but you can still practice the movement and healing and using abilities such as your totemic projection on the run for example and learning and knowing where to position yourself for maximum heals.

Well today has been productive, I've ran a few lfr's just to teach myself to focus on healing and not so much on mechanics as those are the things I should react to, not wait for. LFR doesn't have the ability to keep people lower in HP for my mastery to shine thru, but I'm upwards of 48K total for a section of a LFR, with boss HPS over 65K a few times. Thanks for resetting my mind, was frustrating knowing all eyes are on me when we wipe

Primordius, convince raid lead to drop to 6 healers, actually get buffs like the shaman that beat you did. Seriously, 20% crit and haste/mastery goes a long ways in that fight. Get 4 buffs, then 10-15 second before the first fades get a 5th and they'll all refresh to full 2 minute duration.
    Durumu, glyphed spirit walkers grace the maze. I usually SWG-Asc the maze, always leading the raid with healing rain (I pop one right before we move into the maze, then use SWG when I want to drop a HR while moving through the maze, there is time to drop a second before SWG fades). HTT the light spectrum personally.