Deleted

5.4 and the new gearing system

First of all let me start with this to be clear:

THIS IS JUST SPECULATION, I HAVE NO SOURCE (OR CLAIM TO) INSIDE BLIZZARD OR ANYWHERE ELSE, SO DON'T ASSUME I'M CLAIMING A FACT OR WHATEVER!

Ok, that said, let's move on with the topic.

Blizzard has stated they'll be exploring a new gearing up system in 5.4 but aren't ready to talk about it, so I'm gonna try a guess!

War Effort Point System - Since Valor gear will be gone, from what I understand, this new system will replace it. You'll get a currency, I'm calling it War Effort Points (WEP), that you earn every time you do a dynamic event, quest or kill a raid boss. After a certain threshold of WEP you're allowed to choose loot from some sort of interface or vendor. With the introduction of dynamic events, unless WEP were capped, you could arguably get limitless points by just grinding dynamic events that, I suppose, will be an evolved version of the 5.3 events:
    - Steal/poison/damage supplies;
    - Kill loyalist officers;
    - Sabotage defenses and siege machines;
    - Plant bombs;
    - Steal plans;
    - Retrieve information;
    - Set up traps that react on and kill enemy NPCs;
    - Snipe enemies (using the same type of interface of that sniping quest in Jade Forest);
    - Gather tids and bits (like Alterac Valley) to empower certain weapons, wards, elementals, etc;
    - Spy on the other faction so you know they won't be backstabbing you;
    etc

Similarly, the WEP system could also include a Ranking system, which you gain after certain WEP thresholds as a way to gate which gear you can get. Ranks could be limited by a weekly cap or stage progress à la Isle of Thunder.

Attaining a certain rank could also allow you to unlock an extra boss in the raid (normal/heroic difficulties) which would be a nice addition, imo.

Once again, it's just speculation so take it with a grain of salt and give me your thoughts .
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-05-30 at 05:19 AM.

This sounds really fun and good, but I'm 99% sure it will suck in practice. W/e they release will be a pain in the ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    This sounds really fun and good, but I'm 99% sure it will suck in practice. W/e they release will be a pain in the ass.
    They have a huge margin to make it a very fun patch (besides raiding) so I can only hope they do make something good out of it.

Deleted
    Very plausible data although they have repeatedly said that they don't want to burn out players (it's a game not a job etc) thus meaning there will most likely be a cap in there somehow.

I'm thinking (like coins?) being able to grind as much WEP as you can but you can't spend it on more than 1-2 items/upgrades a week.

Hope we see some more awesome stuff.

Deleted
    I can only hope it's not a disguised daily quest hub.

Raid-quality PvE geared tied to a PvP activity would be terrible IMO. If Blizz does do this I hope they offer a PvE only option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Raid-quality PvE geared tied to a PvP activity would be terrible IMO. If Blizz does do this I hope they offer a PvE only option.
    Dynamic events aren't PvP, necessarily (I hope some are, but I suspect none or most will be). Unless you mean it's PvP by being an outdoors environment?

Deleted
    I don't understand how what you suggest differs at all from the current mix of Dailys, Scenarios and Raids that reward Valor?

Deleted
    You are not forced to do X dailes each day to maximize output, just do whatever events you want to, when you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You are not forced to do X dailes each day to maximize output, just do whatever events you want to, when you want to.
    You can do the same now with Valor so it's not really much different. Meaning, yes you can skip dailies if you wanted. Haven't done any on my main since I got exalted with Sunreaver in the second week.

Not sure how it's different from me doing 10 heroic scenarios on tuesday and then not caring for the rest of the week.
    Or doing scenarios and lfrs, or doing lfrs and dungeons or.....
    I don't think at this point you're forced to do anything specific.
    You want to cap from quests ? Afaik you can.
    You want to cap from scenarios ? You can
    Dungeons ? You can
    LFRs ? Probably with all of them out you also can.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Not sure how it's different from me doing 10 heroic scenarios on tuesday and then not caring for the rest of the week.
    Dungeons ? You can
    Only quests give you lesser charms tho... and we all know how that argument goes; as far as your list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Dungeons ? You can
    Eventually everything is the same because whatever you do you're still playing World of Warcraft.

"Battlegrounds or raid? it's just the same thing"

And I'll explain what I said: You are not forced to DO dailies but if you WANT to do dailies you are forced to do whichever dailies are available that day while in an event-type of area you can just go and do whatever you want. Plus the system does allow for you to be proactive and go search for specific things (like battle plans to steal and whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by steenkie View Post
    Only quests give you lesser charms tho... and we all know how that argument goes; as far as your list.
    Wrong.

Before 5.3 pet battles already awarded lesser charms. And now, from the 5.3 patch notes:

-Creatures that are outdoors in the world and are Level-90 and above now have a chance to drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
    -Rare spawns in Pandaria (except Zandalari Warscouts, and Zandalari Warbringers) and bosses in Battlefield: Barrens will now always drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
    -All Pet Battle daily quests on Pandaria, Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamer quests will now award experience, valor, and Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

Once again, it's just speculation so take it with a grain of salt and give me your thoughts .
    Take this with a ton of salt rather than a pinch I think. Seems to be a need to post your thoughts here rather than discuss with your friends - yet another storm in yet another teacup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Take this with a ton of salt rather than a pinch I think. Seems to be a need to post your thoughts here rather than discuss with your friends - yet another storm in yet another teacup
    Why not discuss it with a larger community that's more interested in the game?

And I can't really see where I made a "storm" but yea, sure...