Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 Holy Prism aggro "fix" - what the hell.

Some people might already know it, but Holy Prism has one curious bug. When used on friendly target - 1 target heal 5 target damage - the damaging part of it doesn't put you in combat, doesn't aggro, doesn't make guards attack you if you damage opposite faction player (Ok, I admit, I killed a few lowbies in Gatgetzan, I'm a bad paladin).

In 5.3, I noticed that Holy Prism had some change in it's pulling power. Oh, did the bug get fixed, I thought?
    No, the old bug is still here. Instead of a fix, we got a new bug.

The new bug appears when you use Holy Prism in other way, as 1 target damage 5 target heal. It pulls...everything that's near the primary target. It aggroes neutral mobs. It puts you in combat with critters. It makes the guards think that you've made a PvP attack if there's a member of opposite faction standing nearby...

I loved using it as 40y pull skill, since other tank ranged skills are 30y, but now I risk pulling stuff I don't want.
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-05-30 at 09:48 AM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Something's certainly up with it. When I use it on heroic consorts I invariably manage to get 2 stacks of corrupted healing lol. Tis a funny old spell. Quite like the quaintness though, far less boring than LH

Yeah the "nuke dmg" version that "aggros every bear" caught me by surprise last week. Odd bug is odd.

in4b "pet battle spectating broke our game, blizz y u no work on real things?!!1"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Ugh, this is confusing. I've only just started using Holy Prism, on Nairobi's recommendation. So if I understand it right:

Target yourself - if you want a big solo heal; if you want AOE damage

Target a mob - if you want a big solo hit; if you want a group heal; if you want threat;

It's not exactly intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Ugh, this is confusing. I've only just started using Holy Prism, on Nairobi's recommendation. So if I understand it right:

Target yourself - if you want a big solo heal; if you want AOE damage

Target a mob - if you want a big solo hit; if you want a group heal; if you want threat;

It's not exactly intuitive.
    what's so confusing about that? cast it on an enemy, it heals 5 nearby players. cast it on a friendly, it damages 5 nearby enemies.

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Some people might already know it, but Holy Prism has one curious bug. When used on friendly target - 1 target heal 5 target damage - the damaging part of it doesn't put you in combat, doesn't aggro, doesn't make guards attack you if you damage opposite faction player (Ok, I admit, I killed a few lowbies in Gatgetzan, I'm a bad paladin).
    Its good to be bad. Just enjoyed taking of advantage of this in gadgetzan myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    what's so confusing about that?
    The bit where if you want threat (typically picking up adds) you don't choose the AOE damage option.