Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so with tankspot and fatboss guides both lagging behind...

What video guides are currently the best out there for learning boss fights? Fatboss has stated they're stopping with boss guides. tankspot hasn't uploaded a new boss guide in AGES, nothing past Durumu normal. Is there a 3rd party out there somewhere that still does these boss guides?

10+ Year Old Account
    -> http://www.icy-veins.com/

Great site.
    I like the amount of depth they go into explaining the fights.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Shame about Fatboss. I like the conversational style of the videos, and are far better than some guy reading the dungeon journal to you.

"If you stand in that you're basically a fucking idiot" is a lot more memorable than "The Destruction beam will cause 400,000 damage to you and everyone around you".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    -> http://www.icy-veins.com/

Great site.
    I like the amount of depth they go into explaining the fights.
    They're kinda lagging behind too, though.

Most of the heroic strategies aren't available.

Vox Immortalis on youtube, very long videos tho (Council HC was ~48 min) but alot of in detail explanations.

Puremagz on youtube has some really nice 25HC guides/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi

Aliena has started making guides again. I think her's are quite good but fatboss will be missed

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any other good place with text (not video) guides except Icy Veins?
    I'm not a big fan of video-only guides, somehow I prefer to read first.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Manaflask, they offers guides written by Method so I guess it's quite accurate.

I "think" there are normal mode as well

Deleted
    Aliena isn't lagging behind afaik and her guides are good

twitch.tv -- watch kill videos and make your strats from that. if you wait for guide videos, you'll never get anything while its current -_-

Deleted
    http://www.wowprogress.com/ watch the videos of the down by the other guilds in the youtube section, find a guild who has almost the same composition has your raid and you should be able to learn quite a lot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    twitch.tv -- watch kill videos and make your strats from that. if you wait for guide videos, you'll never get anything while its current -_-
    So ToT just became old content 2 weeks after it was released? There were actually PTR guides for normal modes on 5.2 launch, so ToT has never been current content?! Oo Wow, worst patch ever >

I like the manaflask ones personally. Last I checked they had guides for every heroic except Ji-Kun and Lei Shen. And Ji-Kun is basically the same as normal.

Guide videos are great, but being too dependent on them can really hurt. You really have to tailor your strat for your raid.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    What video guides are currently the best out there for learning boss fights? Fatboss has stated they're stopping with boss guides. tankspot hasn't uploaded a new boss guide in AGES, nothing past Durumu normal. Is there a 3rd party out there somewhere that still does these boss guides?
    vox guide !

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Vox Immortalis on youtube, very long videos tho (Council HC was ~48 min) but alot of in detail explanations.
    Damn you beat me to it. Their guides are very informative. H horridon was 47 minutes long...its ridiculous and amazing at the same time.

Why are people praising Vox Immortalis for making 50 minute guides for something that can be done in 2-3 minutes. That sounds like a very bad use of time, i might actually watch one and see how much of it is pointless facts/rambling (i guess 95%). I never liked any video guides as it was 80% names and random bullshit you never need to know and 20% what you actually need to do. Most video gives are just glorified dungeon journals that list every single spell/ability instead of just telling you what to do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Why are people praising Vox Immortalis for making 50 minute guides for something that can be done in 2-3 minutes. That sounds like a very bad use of time, i might actually watch one and see how much of it is pointless facts/rambling (i guess 95%). I never liked any video guides as it was 80% names and random bullshit you never need to know and 20% what you actually need to do. Most video gives are just glorified dungeon journals that list every single spell/ability instead of just telling you what to do.
    Well you don't have to watch them, so why do you care if others do ?

Read written guides, examine kill videos, look over logs, talk to people, and post here. There are plenty of people here that will post complete strats if you give us enough information and do some research on your own.

Pretty much all the good boss guide video people are really far behind or have stopped completely. This is what happens when we get 12 or 16 bosses in a tier, most of which have a lot of mechanics, and very fast patches. It's great for the game, but most high-quality, high-production media (i.e. video guides) can't keep up.