Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    All I see is confusion regarding the definitions of "limited time" with "one time." The Gold Scalene sets are not available 100% of the time, so they are "limited time." Something that only comes around, or exists for a specific period of time, and never again, is "one time."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjuggalo2000 View Post
    I just wanted to chime in on this conversation and say that yes it is complete and utter crap that some of the best gear is available only on the Cartel Market and most of the in game designed gear looks like poo in comparison...
    I just want to call out this line and clarify that you are talking about "best LOOKING gear" and not "best gear". One thing you can say is that Bioware has not gone so far as to put gear on the Cartel Market that makes it P2W. The closest they got was releasing those Spaceship upgrades, and the backlash set them straight (I believe at least). The only statted gear on the Market are pre-50 gear, and honestly those are single pieces that are inconsiquential.

But I do agree that the best looking gear is available on the Cartel Market. That being said, for all of my characters I have never purchased anything on the Market related to gear (just bought some booster packs to see what it was all about and the new hair styles unlock).

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I just want to call out this line and clarify that you are talking about "best LOOKING gear" and not "best gear". One thing you can say is that Bioware has not gone so far as to put gear on the Cartel Market that makes it P2W. The closest they got was releasing those Spaceship upgrades, and the backlash set them straight (I believe at least). The only statted gear on the Market are pre-50 gear, and honestly those are single pieces that are inconsiquential.

But I do agree that the best looking gear is available on the Cartel Market. That being said, for all of my characters I have never purchased anything on the Market related to gear (just bought some booster packs to see what it was all about and the new hair styles unlock).
    Yea there is nothing P2W about cartel gear. Even the crystals are aesthetic only. Maybe its pay to win to level to 50? But by no means is it P2W for endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

yes that is what i meant sorry for not clarifying... lol

My friend showed me this.

I feel like the game franchise of the star wars universe has taken the same turn as the movies since the 90s / early 00s.
    Hopefully, someday, someone makes a star wars MMO that plays like Jedi knight dark forces / battlefront with the space combat of tie fighter / rogue squadron 3 and the story writing of Kotor.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    Not gonna lie. I never understood this "I don't want someone else to have something I do" mentality, since that's what it boils down to. I don't care if other people get Gold Scalene armor or not, if they like it good for them! I like my Gold pants and that's all I cared about regarding this particular armor.
    Agreed. I think if people want to dig deep in their pockets and make up to 10 purchases a day, that is their concern, not mine. Personally, I am a founder, and also have very deep pockets. I don't mind the extra expense over and above my Sub for certain things. It is, after all, just a game, and I am having a blast since deleting WoW forever and re-subbing to SW:TOR.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-06-06 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarian - The Harbinger View Post
    Agreed. I think if people want to dig deep in their pockets and make up to 10 purchases a day, that is their concern, not mine. Personally, I am a founder, and also have very deep pockets. I don't mind the extra expense over and above my Sub for certain things. It is, after all, just a game, and I am having a blast since deleting WoW forever and re-subbing to SW:TOR.
    same here... wow is a figment of my past, I am now one with the force! Been playing SWTOR since beta!