Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I fear a lot of things. Loss of freedom, both mentally and physical. Loss of knowledge. Loss of affection. Loss of reason and logic. There is so much to fear about the basic aspects of life and living. Why should I fear death as well?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a long time I was; I remember the day I was reminded of my mortality very vividly. I always believed in some form of higher power (i.e. God), but a co-worker brought up the possibility of just not existing. I tried to imagine going into nothingness, and I have to say it freaked me out.

The perspective that really helped me was to look at death like going to sleep - you don't know if you're going to "wake up", but that doesn't really matter since you're "sleeping". It does make me a little sad to think if there is truly nothing after this life then I would never see my children again, but at the same time I'm content with the hope that they would continue living and experience life to its fullest.

So, I'm no longer afraid of experiencing death and I enjoy every moment I have with my children (even when they're screaming and crying) Whatever happens after will happen regardless, all I can do about that is live my life the best that I can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since death is 100% unavoidable, why be scared of what will happen anyway?
    For us, perhaps, but as long as we don't make ourselves extinct - who knows what the future holds.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    im not scared of death itself - but how I die
    I am in this camp. I'm not scared of dying and in a weird way I am intrigured to know what happens in afterlife. I just have the belief life is a miracle and the fact we are all here having a conversation about it is incredibly fortunate.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

There's really no reason to fear death. If nothing happens afterwards you won't notice it, if something does then you'll probably be fine.

Deleted
    I'd also add that as someone who has a lot of interests and capable of performing a variety of things I am crippled by what I believe is an incredibly short amount of time - I can't make decisions, I change my mind constantly as I don't want to waste my time. I'm not scared of death, but it's presence certainly does it's part to fuck with my life. If I could live several lifetimes, that would sort me. Never understand people who are like "I wouldn't want to live forever, I'd get bored." There is so much to life, so many interesting things you can dedicate yourself to. I work in a form of care service at present, write stories, animate, trained as a filmmaker at university, love science, interested in chemistry, biology and physics. would love to dedicate work time to particle science and human biology and astronomy - I take courses in language and translation and the fact is I can't do it all consistently which means I get rusty and can't achieve what I want to in each. More life would help me out and allow me to concentrate more.

No, however I would like to delay it for as long as possible.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm not really,kinda belive that we reset everything that we ever was or where going to be.
    Last edited by quintpp; 2013-05-30 at 02:42 PM.

Last edited by nightmarez; 2013-07-18 at 07:11 PM.

Yes. I'm afraid of whatever may or may not await me after death. I'm afraid I won't die peacefully. I'm just afraid that it's an end. We live our lives and love things and people and have happiness, then it's all gone. The world will go on, the universe will continue, and eventually you'll be forgotten, unless you're famous. I'm afraid of how small we all are to this world and universe and how death is an inevitable thing. In an instant, your whole being, all your thoughts, feelings, memories, past actions, all of it, it's all gone in an instant.

Death doesn't exactly scare me, but saddens me. I think about all of the possibilities that the future might hold, and how I will never get to know if they become a reality, or how the human race turns out in a few thousand years, etc (assuming we don't destroy ourselves before I die).

If I could die, but still have access to all human news, that would ideal.

Deleted
    I do not fear death, I fear dying with regrets.

I do have a fear of dying slowly and painfully though.

Nope, why should I? I just don't want it. Why would I be ok with dieing? That's basically like loosing your freedom to live. We don't know what's on the other side, we have to consider all possibilities, and this is one of them.

This is the reason I want to be immortal. Prolong death as much as possbile.

its not so much my own death its the ones around me am more scared to lose

I'm scared of death for one simple fact, the respawn time sucks.

Deleted
    Not really, death in itself is a pretty comfortable state to be in, think about the time before you where born, al this war, human suffering and catastrophes you have slept trough.

Now dying, that is something scary, if you see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    I'm scared of death for one simple fact, the respawn time sucks.
    But you get spectator mode!

I wouldn't say I'm scared, because I know it's going to happen, and there's nothing I can do to stop it (other than praying for the rapture ) I'm super curious as to how it'll happen though - and what it'll feel like. Especially after watching a tv show where someone gets shot or stabbed and just instantly dies vs slowly ebbing their life away...

I mean, if I were to get shot, could I will myself to stay alive (provided it wasn't in the head or heart)...

The even more fun philosophical thoughts are like, being on Alderaan (or Death Star) when it was blown up. Or in a nuke blast like Terminator... just one instant you're there, the next you're atomized with not even knowing it happened. What would that be like?

I hope I die in my sleep. I too try to minimize my personal danger - though my eating / exercise habits are more conducive to dying to a stroke or heart attack... again, hopefully in my sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    a couple of days ago I realised my own mortality and I haven't been able to think about anything since. The concept of dying is terrifying to me.

Are you guys scared of death?
    I've only seriously thought about it on a few occasions. I don't really ever think about ways of dying, but rather the state of being dead. Yes, the idea of infinite nothingness and nonexistence is quite troubling and scary.

People are mostly afraid of death because they have no idea of what will happen after it.

I think it's better to believe in an afterlife because, we, as human, are so extraordinary creature, I think we cannot just pass on Earth for 80 years and it ends after that.

We were born for something more, above our comprehension but north western society tends to "uncredit" those beliefs.
    Victory to the Alliance !