Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Being able to transmog different armor types in general (even stuff that your class isn't capable of equipping) would be fun. I think Blizz initially didn't want to allow that because you'd have people ninja looting gear they couldn't even use for transmog purposes, but the current loot system kinda makes that difficult.

I just always thought it'd be cool to transmog my TBC rocket helm/santa hat (both cloth) or maybe even mix in a few pieces of rogue gear on my warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what do you have against top hats and someone playing as a pandaren death knight? lore wise pandaren are about as strong as a tauren and have the strongest bite power out of all the playable races.

not to mention imagine the evil poisonous things a former brewmaster could make as a member of the scourge

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 08:59 AM ----------

the happens long after the death knight break away, the starting zone for death knights happens just after the horde and alliance soldiers are returning from outland
    You seem to like throwing the word ''lorewise'' around, do you have any sources backing up your claims?

For the Arugal part, do you have any proof that it happened ''long after the death knight break away''? Or are you just basing this on the quest in Northrend which shows a VISION of when Arugal was resurrected by the blood princes. The quest objective of that one clearly states ''Vision from the PAST'' Do we know when it happened? Not really, as that hasn't been explained (as far as I know), but it could be either before or after the defeat of the Lich King at Light's Hope.
    I'm gonna assume it's before, as the blood princes would likely have fled back to Northrend with the rest of the Scourge forces after what happened at Light's Hope.

As for more pandaren visiting Azeroth, they mainly stuck to visiting/travelling on Kalimdor. The scourge didn't really have a big presence on Kalimdor at all. (They're only in Razorfen Downs, it's the reason why players go there in the first place, to make sure the Scourge didn't gain a foothold on Kalimdor)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    You seem to like throwing the word ''lorewise'' around, do you have any sources backing up your claims?

For the Arugal part, do you have any proof that it happened ''long after the death knight break away''? Or are you just basing this on the quest in Northrend which shows a VISION of when Arugal was resurrected by the blood princes. The quest objective of that one clearly states ''Vision from the PAST'' Do we know when it happened? Not really, as that hasn't been explained (as far as I know), but it could be either before or after the defeat of the Lich King at Light's Hope.
    I'm gonna assume it's before, as the blood princes would likely have fled back to Northrend with the rest of the Scourge forces after what happened at Light's Hope.

As for more pandaren visiting Azeroth, they mainly stuck to visiting/travelling on Kalimdor. The scourge didn't really have a big presence on Kalimdor at all. (They're only in Razorfen Downs, it's the reason why players go there in the first place, to make sure the Scourge didn't gain a foothold on Kalimdor)
    the pandaren are one of the strongest races in wow physically and the bite power of bears in real life is much stronger than anything a human or bull is capable of.

theres a book in the death knight starting zone that states the scourge have been watching azeroth and that the military for the horde and alliance have just started returning from outland and the worgen who are in the argent dawn only recently escaped and was turned. and the pandaren had very close ties to the dwarves who lived all over the eastern kingdoms and they traveled all over the 3 continents looking for ingredients and occasionally fighting in battles when they felt the cause was worthy. and considering at the same time the lich king was attacking lights hope in other areas the scourge was attacking stormwind and orgrimmar it isnt likely that they had time to rez many in time to send to acherus and only the death knights from acherus remain since the vast majority of all death knights were pulled to icecrown in icc and were killed there so its unlikely any survived besides the one worgen death knight.

theres no reason why pandaren cant be death knights when they make a million times more likely than worgen joining the argent dawn, ALL playable death knights were fighting for the argent dawn.

ALSO even if the lich king somehow had more worgen death knights, why were worgen allowed into the argent dawn? why were gilneans, people the alliance disliked and were almost not even allowed into the alliance be accepted? why would varian say hey you undead wolf gilnean you can come join us? why didnt he go and see how gilneas was doing? because it makes no sense and blizzard did it because it was cool.

meanwhile pandaren were close friends with both the dwarves and the orcs and if they wanted to would be welcomed with open arms by either side and a pandaren fighting with the argent dawn against the undead makes perfect sense just like how chen helped rexxar, if the cause is right a pandaren will fight
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-05-30 at 01:47 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Being able to transmog different armor types in general (even stuff that your class isn't capable of equipping) would be fun. I think Blizz initially didn't want to allow that because you'd have people ninja looting gear they couldn't even use for transmog purposes, but the current loot system kinda makes that difficult.

I just always thought it'd be cool to transmog my TBC rocket helm/santa hat (both cloth) or maybe even mix in a few pieces of rogue gear on my warrior.
    I meant making cloth, leather, mail and plate top hats, just like how we have moggable straw hats of each armor type.

15+ Year Old Account
    the pandaren are one of the strongest races in wow physically and the bite power of bears in real life is much stronger than anything a human or bull is capable of.
    Irrelevant to the discussion, so I'm not sure why you said this in the first place.
    theres a book in the death knight starting zone that states the scourge have been watching azeroth and that the military for the horde and alliance have just started returning from outland and the worgen who are in the argent dawn only recently escaped and was turned. and the pandaren had very close ties to the dwarves who lived all over the eastern kingdoms and they traveled all over the 3 continents looking for ingredients and occasionally fighting in battles when they felt the cause was worthy. and considering at the same time the lich king was attacking lights hope in other areas the scourge was attacking stormwind and orgrimmar it isnt likely that they had time to rez many in time to send to acherus and only the death knights from acherus remain since the vast majority of all death knights were pulled to icecrown in icc and were killed there so its unlikely any survived besides the one worgen death knight.
    And how does this explain when Arugal was resurrected by the Blood Princes? Exactly, it doesn't.
    Reading through the pandaren page on wowpedia, it keeps mentioning that they visited Kalimdor for ingredients.
    And you're also forgetting that they didn't have travel to Eastern Kingdoms to create ties with the Bronzebeards. Unless you're purposefully forgetting about Bael Modan, in the southern part of the Barrens. That's also where they learned about the Scourge, they didn't actually fight them in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Not to forget that there's actually one or two pandaren outposts in Kalimdor, as opposed to none in the Eastern Kingdoms.

theres no reason why pandaren cant be death knights when they make a million times more likely than worgen joining the argent dawn, ALL playable death knights were fighting for the argent dawn
    Forsaken were able to join the Argent Dawn, because the Argent Dawn aren't mindless zealots like the Scarlet Crusade. Those worgen that joined the Argent Dawn probably proved themselves to be reliable warriors.

As for the majority of the Worgen DKs:
    Quote Originally Posted by wowpedia
    Arugal has been replaced by Lord Godfrey as the final boss of Shadowfang Keep. However, Arugal's legacy remains, as worgen death knights are said to be former servants of Arugal who escaped from Shadowfang and later became minions of the Lich King
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Arugal#Cataclysm

Irrelevant to the discussion, so I'm not sure why you said this in the first place.

And how does this explain when Arugal was resurrected by the Blood Princes? Exactly, it doesn't.
    Reading through the pandaren page on wowpedia, it keeps mentioning that they visited Kalimdor for ingredients.
    And you're also forgetting that they didn't have travel to Eastern Kingdoms to create ties with the Bronzebeards. Unless you're purposefully forgetting about Bael Modan, in the southern part of the Barrens. That's also where they learned about the Scourge, they didn't actually fight them in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Not to forget that there's actually one or two pandaren outposts in Kalimdor, as opposed to none in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Forsaken were able to join the Argent Dawn, because the Argent Dawn aren't mindless zealots like the Scarlet Crusade. Those worgen that joined the Argent Dawn probably proved themselves to be reliable warriors.

As for the majority of the Worgen DKs:
    there is no lore source that says pandaren only went to kalimdor they went to ALL THREE CONTINENTS northrend, kalimdor, and eastern kingdoms, also the pandaren helped found brewfest which happened on eastern kingdoms and brewmasters are renowned in ironforge and are always welcomed and encouraged to come and share there brews and bael modan didnt exist until after the third war and the pandaren only have ONE settlement on kalimdor which was just a hot spring they visited in stonetalon theres no reason to assume there wasnt any in eastern kingdoms.

and yes it does explain it because all the blood princes except one were in acherus they wouldnt have had time to go rez arugal take him to northrend rez a worgen then bring it to acherus because the worgen playable death knights were rezed just then at acherus. and the wowpedia article simply states worgen death knights were formerly under arugals grasp that doesnt say there were more its only talking about the players because lore wise there is only one playable worgen death knight there are no records of any other worgen.

also the argent dawn not being like the scarlet crusade has NOTHING to do with the fact that feral worgen shouldnt have been able to even control themselves in the first place or talk without being commanded by someone else with knowledge of how to control worgen and you still have just glossed over the fact that a gilnean WOULD NOT be allowed into the alliance especially a worgen undead gilnean. wheras the pandaren were welcomed by any and all cultures.

worgen - feral beasts, only one worgen death knight ever to exist no reason to assume there is more

pandaren - friendly, accepted by nearly all races and cultures, adventured in all three continents.

2 pandaren adventurers going into the plaguelands searching for ingredients and exploring end up helping the argent dawn and one dies and is rezed by the death knights at archerus. THAT STORY IS A MILLION TIMES MORE BELIEVEABLE THAN

2 feral worgen escape their pins and somehow manage to gain control of their mental state enough to be allowed into the argent dawn then due to being nearly immune to the plague of undeath the lich king himself brings one back to life as some sort of experiment.

blizzard has admitted worgen death knights make no sense and that the reason they made them is that they are cool.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID "yeah we know they dont make much sense but theyre so cool" thats the reasoning behind worgen death knights, stop trying to justify something created out of cool factor and not reasonable lore.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

15+ Year Old Account
    there is no lore source that says pandaren only went to kalimdor they went to ALL THREE CONTINENTS northrend, kalimdor, and eastern kingdoms, also the pandaren helped found brewfest which happened on eastern kingdoms and brewmasters are renowned in ironforge and are always welcomed and encouraged to come and share there brews
    The only known lore about pandaren visiting the Eastern Kingdoms was one single pandaren, Chen Stormstout, who also caused Brewfest to become an annual festivity. One pandaren =/= multiple pandaren

and bael modan didnt exist until after the third war
    The third war ended with the death of Archimonde at the World Tree, the dwarves arrived in Kalimdor (with the rest of the survivors of Lordaeron) way before that.

and the pandaren only have ONE settlement on kalimdor which was just a hot spring they visited in stonetalon theres no reason to assume there wasnt any in eastern kingdoms.
    One known settlement is still more than none.

and yes it does explain it because all the blood princes except one were in acherus they wouldnt have had time to go rez arugal take him to northrend rez a worgen then bring it to acherus because the worgen playable death knights were rezed just then at acherus. and the wowpedia article simply states worgen death knights were formerly under arugals grasp that doesnt say there were more its only talking about the players because lore wise there is only one playable worgen death knight there are no records of any other worgen.
    Again, you're assuming that Acherus arrived shortly before before the player DKs were resurrected. What if the blood princes had time to get Arugal BEFORE the DK starting zone happened?

also the argent dawn not being like the scarlet crusade has NOTHING to do with the fact that feral worgen shouldnt have been able to even control themselves in the first place or talk without being commanded by someone else with knowledge of how to control worgen and you still have just glossed over the fact that a gilnean WOULD NOT be allowed into the alliance especially a worgen undead gilnean. wheras the pandaren were welcomed by any and all cultures.
    How were the forsaken able to control themselves after they were no longer under control by the Lich King?
    I'm not sure why you're bringing the gilneans and the Alliance into this, as it's a know fact that the death knights were only allowed to join the Alliance because of the letter written by Tirion. Race didn't really matter in that case. If there were pandaren death knights, they'd be accepted because of Tirion's recommendation, not because of the fact they were pandaren.

worgen - feral beasts, only one worgen death knight ever to exist no reason to assume there is more

pandaren - friendly, accepted by nearly all races and cultures, adventured in all three continents.

2 pandaren adventurers going into the plaguelands searching for ingredients and exploring end up helping the argent dawn and one dies and is rezed by the death knights at archerus. THAT STORY IS A MILLION TIMES MORE BELIEVEABLE THAN

2 feral worgen escape their pins and somehow manage to gain control of their mental state enough to be allowed into the argent dawn then due to being nearly immune to the plague of undeath the lich king himself brings one back to life as some sort of experiment.
    So it would make sense for two pandaren to travel into a scourge infested land to ''searching for ingredients and exploring''. Yea right.
    Two worgen escape from Shadowfang Keep/Pyrewood Village, they weren't feral because they showed to already be somewhat in control. (but I guess you ''magically'' don't remember the worgen in Pyrewood Village showing up as humans during day), make their way to the Argent Dawn.
    (because they probably heard about 'em, and figured that'd be the best idea to fight against the Scourge)
    And to throw in another assumption, what if the blood princes killed some worgen at Pyrewood Village, when resurrecting Arugal? (followed by using said worgen corpses to create worgen death knights)

I think I'll go with the worgen one

blizzard has admitted worgen death knights make no sense and that the reason they made them is that they are cool.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID "yeah we know they dont make much sense but theyre so cool" thats the reasoning behind worgen death knights, stop trying to justify something created out of cool factor and not reasonable lore.
    Source?

I feel like you're just grasping at straws at this point, to validate your own theory of why pandaren death knights should exist.

i want cloaks cowering my whole body.
    i want wizard robes that cower my arms.
    i want shields the size of teh spellbreaker shields from wc3.
    i want armors and weaponds that arent colored like a rainbow but still have more than 1 texture on them.

The only known lore about pandaren visiting the Eastern Kingdoms was one single pandaren, Chen Stormstout, who also caused Brewfest to become an annual festivity. One pandaren =/= multiple pandaren

The third war ended with the death of Archimonde at the World Tree, the dwarves arrived in Kalimdor (with the rest of the survivors of Lordaeron) way before that.

One known settlement is still more than none.

Again, you're assuming that Acherus arrived shortly before before the player DKs were resurrected. What if the blood princes had time to get Arugal BEFORE the DK starting zone happened?

How were the forsaken able to control themselves after they were no longer under control by the Lich King?
    I'm not sure why you're bringing the gilneans and the Alliance into this, as it's a know fact that the death knights were only allowed to join the Alliance because of the letter written by Tirion. Race didn't really matter in that case. If there were pandaren death knights, they'd be accepted because of Tirion's recommendation, not because of the fact they were pandaren.

So it would make sense for two pandaren to travel into a scourge infested land to ''searching for ingredients and exploring''. Yea right.
    Two worgen escape from Shadowfang Keep/Pyrewood Village, they weren't feral because they showed to already be somewhat in control. (but I guess you ''magically'' don't remember the worgen in Pyrewood Village showing up as humans during day), make their way to the Argent Dawn.
    (because they probably heard about 'em, and figured that'd be the best idea to fight against the Scourge)
    And to throw in another assumption, what if the blood princes killed some worgen at Pyrewood Village, when resurrecting Arugal? (followed by using said worgen corpses to create worgen death knights)

I think I'll go with the worgen one

Source?

I feel like you're just grasping at straws at this point, to validate your own theory of why pandaren death knights should exist.
    hired pandaren fought with garithos, pandaren were already freinds with the dwarves how do you think they knew what chen was? no the dwarves did not arrive on kalimdor before that only earthen did, the dwarves and humans didnt even believe kalimdor existed the only people who knew about it were the high elves, forsaken are humans who have been reborn, they retain all sense of self during their time unless degraded to ghouls or abominations which ARENT able to control themselves and are easily manipulated wheras only the most powerful of worgen were able to control themselves after experimenting with combining their night elf bodies with the worg travel form the entire reason malfurion locks them away is because they became feral. all of the death knights that are playable were rezzed right after a battle including worgen death knights, and yes acherus arrived right after naxxramas was called back to northrend, only the lich king is able to rez worgen not the blood princes because they are immune to undeath only very powerful beings like the lich king can revive them.

you are the one grasping at straws you dont even know the lore you are arguing about, you are trying to justify something that CANNOT be justified wheras pandaren easily can and it doesnt matter if tirion recommends them varian hates the gilneans, it took hell and back to get him to accept the gilneans into the alliance.

I want to be able to transmog fistweapons into other one-handed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    i want cloaks cowering my whole body.
    i want wizard robes that cower my arms.
    i want shields the size of teh spellbreaker shields from wc3.
    i want armors and weaponds that arent colored like a rainbow but still have more than 1 texture on them.
    I loled

I would love weapon sheaths, you know, like sword sheaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Transmoggable Tophats with different type of armor types, or Tophats with Monocles of each armor type.

And Transmoggable Gilnean Stylized coats and suits so my Worgen can be all gentlemanly and fight like a Sir.

Oh and Transmoggable tribal gears espacially tauren inspired gears; Plate/Mail Headfeathers, etc.
    whatever totalBiscuit

when you have to actively bend lore and make connections that arent there (theres no indication the lich king ever had arugal use any undead worgen, they were supposed ot be like the cult of the damned) wheras pandaren ARE adventuring all over the world, a connection doesnt have to be made you are making yourself look foolish

More people are interested in raids, awesome looking tiered gear, and functional things like that. This sort of thing is unlikely to happen very fast or in great quantity.

Which seriously sucks. I'm not interested in raids, and tiered gear is nice but I transmog into BC stuff anyway. I'd be so very, very happy to see more useless stuff like this which is actually transmogrifyable.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

15+ Year Old Account
    hired pandaren fought with garithos
    That was a bonus mission in Warcraft 3. It was just a fun, non-canon tower defense minigame, nothing more.
    , pandaren were already freinds with the dwarves how do you think they knew what chen was? no the dwarves did not arrive on kalimdor before that only earthen did, the dwarves and humans didnt even believe kalimdor existed the only people who knew about it were the high elves
    The first part if your post makes me think you actually played Warcraft 3, but I guess this isn't the case.
    Jaina and the survivors of Lordaeron (which also included a good amount of dwarves) followed the advice of Medivh and travelled to Kalimdor. This is a rather known part of the lore. But hey, I'm the one who doesn't know the lore, right?

, forsaken are humans who have been reborn, they retain all sense of self during their time unless degraded to ghouls or abominations which ARENT able to control themselves and are easily manipulated wheras only the most powerful of worgen were able to control themselves after experimenting with combining their night elf bodies with the worg travel form the entire reason malfurion locks them away is because they became feral.
    So you're saying an archmage of the Kirin Tor wouldn't go about experimenting on the Worgen? Why were the worgen of Pyrewood Village able to control themselves?
    all of the death knights that are playable were rezzed right after a battle including worgen death knights, and yes acherus arrived right after naxxramas was called back to northrend, only the lich king is able to rez worgen not the blood princes because they are immune to undeath only very powerful beings like the lich king can revive them.
    That kind proves my point, no? The blood princes could've brought worgen corpses TO Acherus. And I'm sure you know which King was hanging out at that place!

you are the one grasping at straws you dont even know the lore you are arguing about, you are trying to justify something that CANNOT be justified wheras pandaren easily can and it doesnt matter if tirion recommends them varian hates the gilneans, it took hell and back to get him to accept the gilneans into the alliance.
    Yes, it took hell and back to get him to accept NORMAL gilneans into the alliance. But this isn't the case for Death Knights. As shown in Tirion's letter:
    I ask not that you accept <name> and the Knights of the Ebon Blade into the Alliance, but only that you show tolerance.
    Considering Varian considers Tirion to be an old friend and also one of the greatest paladins to ever live, he probably thought it was a good idea to have more troops to fight against the Lich King.

But hey, I'm clueless about the lore, and you're an all-knowing loremaster, apparently.

I looted a High Society Top Hat from my Blingtron the other day. Looks like it can be made with tailoring, and my Blingtron dropped a Noble's Monocle. At least my bank alt is big pimpin
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    I want some of the funny items that were transmoggable before to become available again. I also favour allowing warriors to transmog plate/mail and maybe hunters/shaman to transmog leather/mail, since those are the limited armor types available for the classes and there are good class sets available in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I looted a High Society Top Hat from my Blingtron the other day. Looks like it can be made with tailoring, and my Blingtron dropped a Noble's Monocle. At least my bank alt is big pimpin
    But those cannot be transmoggged

---------- Post added 2013-05-31 at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I want some of the funny items that were transmoggable before to become available again. I also favour allowing warriors to transmog plate/mail and maybe hunters/shaman to transmog leather/mail, since those are the limited armor types available for the classes and there are good class sets available in both.
    Top hats are not funny, they are serious business.

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS AS WELL!!!!

pandaren death knights make so much more sense than worgen death knights.

lorewise only one worgen became a death knight.

lorewise there were plenty of pandaren adventuring the world like chen stormstout was theres no reason a pandaren couldnt have wondered off into the plaguelands or northrend and got themselves caught up in some scourge stuff.
    Source on "plenty" and the fact that there is one that is talked about means the Lich King had access to more hence Worgen make tons more sense but plenty have told you that.

I truly want a pet unicorn...

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama